ImageImageImage

Game 46: LA Clippers (29-14) @ Phoenix Suns (26-19)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,077

Re: Game 46: LA Clippers (29-14) @ Phoenix Suns (26-19) 

Post#401 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:03 am

Also, our young guys looked bad, albeit it was 3 minutes of garbage time.
JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#402 » by JTrain » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:05 am

We need to start playing like our hair is on fire.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#403 » by nevetsov » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:40 am

ginobiliflops wrote:Also, our young guys looked bad, albeit it was 3 minutes of garbage time.

They looked disinterested and jacked shots like it was a pickup game. Not surprised given they haven't played in about a month.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Post#404 » by Revived » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:56 am

Kerrsed wrote:I wonder if we can demote Horney to assistant/shooting coach and hire Thibs once Chicago cans him.

I'd settle for Mike Malone.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#405 » by Kerrsed » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:57 am

nevetsov wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:Also, our young guys looked bad, albeit it was 3 minutes of garbage time.

They looked disinterested and jacked shots like it was a D-LEAGUE game. Not surprised given they have BEEN PLAYING IN THE D-LEAGUE.

Fixed.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,157

Post#406 » by Mr Puddles » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:12 pm

ginobiliflops wrote:This one was on Hornacek. Way to take out our leading +/- leader after some miniscule trash talk. Dumb.

Markieff Morris benched himself when he got a technical, he knows what the rule is. He completely negated the advantage that should have come with Matt Barnes fouling him and putting him on the free throw line by picking up that technical. He hits one out of two, Clippers hit the technical and get the ball back... score remains the same, Suns effectively turn the ball over.

I do blame Hornacek for hardly playing Len in the second half, and especially for that embarrassing display of hacking DeAndre Jordan.
Spoiler:
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach

Post#407 » by Mr Puddles » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:30 pm

Two things in this game pretty much sum of the season for us:

1. Decision making. One of the leagues best shot blockers picked up his 4th personal foul with about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. Question, what to do next?
    Option A: Attack the basket. The Clippers are in the penalty and DeAndre is in foul trouble so their defence in the paint will probably be timid as the Clippers don't want to put the best free throw shooting team in the league on the line, and certainly don't want Jordan to pick up his 5th.
    Option B: Shoot contested and ill advised outside shots.
The Suns apparently figured option B was the way to go here.

2. Rebounding. The Clippers had 3 offensive rebounds of off missed free throws. The saddest part is that 2 of those offensive boards came after the guy we hacked missed his free throws. In other words, the two time that hacking DeAndre Jordan actually worked, the Suns give-up second chance opportunities on possessions where the rules of the game give you a huge advantage for boxing your man out.
Spoiler:
Revived
RealGM

Post#408 » by Revived » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:32 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:Two things in this game pretty much sum of the season for us:

1. Decision making. One of the leagues best shot blockers picked up his 4th personal foul with about 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. Question, what to do next?
    Option A: Attack the basket. The Clippers are in the penalty and DeAndre is in foul trouble so their defence in the paint will probably be timid as the Clippers don't want to put the best free throw shooting team in the league on the line, and certainly don't want Jordan to pick up his 5th.

2. Rebounding. The Clippers had 3 offensive rebounds of off missed free throws. The saddest part is that 2 of those offensive boards came after the guy we hacked missed his free throws. In other words, the two time that hacking DeAndre Jordan actually worked, the Suns give-up second chance opportunities on possessions where the rules of the game give you a huge advantage for boxing your man out.

Suns figured option B was best against Houston when Dwight went out too.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach

Post#409 » by Mr Puddles » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:48 pm

SF88 wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:Two things in this game pretty much sum of the season for us:

Suns figured option B was best against Houston when Dwight went out too.

Pretty sad that they were able to review game tapes for two days, and then proceed to make the same mistake the following game.
Spoiler:
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach

Post#410 » by Mr Puddles » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:Can we talk about the game? Suns need to win vs Wizards and Bulls!!

Although these are tough games, both the Wizards and the Bulls will be playing their third road game in 4 nights when they land in Phoenix, and it will be a back to back for both teams. I'm optimistically picking the Suns to win both games and end their 8 game home stand 6-2.
Spoiler:
Revived
RealGM

Post#411 » by Revived » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:35 pm

This is what Blake Griffin does figuratively against Tucker and the Suns everytime he plays them.

https://vine.co/v/OIIdKPMDEjv
RaisingArizona
RealGM

Post#412 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:31 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:This one was on Hornacek. Way to take out our leading +/- leader after some miniscule trash talk. Dumb.

Markieff Morris benched himself when he got a technical, he knows what the rule is. He completely negated the advantage that should have come with Matt Barnes fouling him and putting him on the free throw line by picking up that technical. He hits one out of two, Clippers hit the technical and get the ball back... score remains the same, Suns effectively turn the ball over.

I do blame Hornacek for hardly playing Len in the second half, and especially for that embarrassing display of hacking DeAndre Jordan.

It's a ridiculous rule that only amateur teams would have in effect. The last two games are on our coach.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,354

Post#413 » by AtheJ415 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:13 pm

ginobiliflops wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:

It's a ridiculous rule that only amateur teams would have in effect. The last two games are on our coach.

It's a ridiculous rule that would only be a problem for any team when supposably professional players act like amateurs. If my boss instituted a rule that I couldn't cuss out my clients and I violated it, is it really the rule/my boss's fault? Our company would be less profitable without having a good employee around, so everyone is hurt just like you're saying here.
RaisingArizona
RealGM

Post#414 » by RaisingArizona » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:58 pm

AtheJ415 wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:
Mr Puddles wrote:

It's a ridiculous rule that would only be a problem for any team when supposably professional players act like amateurs. If my boss instituted a rule that I couldn't cuss out my clients and I violated it, is it really the rule/my boss's fault? Our company would be less profitable without having a good employee around, so everyone is hurt just like you're saying here.

The rule doesn't make any sense, though. A company ideally would want to look as professional as possible so cussing is usually frowned upon. A game of passion such as the NBA should be viewed differently from our everyday workplace IMO. I didn't even see what Kieff did yesterday yet he's out for the whole second half? Goran on Friday had a legitimate gripe when he was complaining. So because of a poor call, Goran wastes away on the bench when we needed him most? Seems counterproductive.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach

Post#415 » by Mr Puddles » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:36 am

ginobiliflops wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:

The rule doesn't make any sense, though. A company ideally would want to look as professional as possible so cussing is usually frowned upon. A game of passion such as the NBA should be viewed differently from our everyday workplace IMO. I didn't even see what Kieff did yesterday yet he's out for the whole second half? Goran on Friday had a legitimate gripe when he was complaining. So because of a poor call, Goran wastes away on the bench when we needed him most? Seems counterproductive.

It doesn't matter if the rule makes sense or not, players know it exists so from there on it becomes their responsibility to follow it.

There are plenty of controversial rules in the NBA, player fines/suspensions for not following the dress code comes to mind. If Markeiff Morris makes a conscience decision to attend all games dressed like the dude Lebowski from now on, and repeatedly gets fined as a result ultimately leading to a suspension for a critical game - are you going to be upset with the NBA for enforcing a controversial rule, or Markeiff for consciously breaking a rule he knows the consequences off?

It's the same thing with Kieff complaining to the refs. Every time he barks at the officials he makes a conscious decision that he knows the consequences of and hurts his team. The onus is on Markieff to stop doing this, not on Hornacek to not enforce his own rule.
Spoiler:
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#416 » by NavLDO » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:20 pm

SF88 wrote:I can't wait til a bunch of idiots come in here AFTER the game and say "Oh look at the overreaction in this thread".

There's nothing overreacting about a treadmill team that will miss playoffs for the 5th consecutive year.

Of course these "fans" are the same ones who only watch highlights and read to the advanced stats after the game and don't actually watch the game live.

I know, right!

Just like those "Americans" that only watch the highlights, like President's Day, Independence Day, and act like they know what it is to be one and vote, just because they experience the highlights, but don't serve the country in uniform, they think they know and they express their opinion, like "Oh, look at all the problems the U.S. has overseas" and "Why can't they just shake hands and all be friends". What a bunch of idiots that come in after a war or conflict and think they have the right to speak about it.

Now, doesn't that just sound dumb...thanks for making us all a little dumber with your comment!

Just because I don't have cable, or live in Phoenix, and have no way to watch every Suns' game, that I'm not a good enough of "fan," is how I believe you labeled us, to express my opinion, and am also labeled as some sort of "idiot"...maybe those that aren't as wrapped up in the heat of the moment of every game can provide a little bit of fresh perspective. Just like those new Enlisted and Officers that come into a command and recognize their might be a different way to broach a problem, and in many cases, it's a good idea--they weren't bogged down with culture and experience biases.

But by all means, continue to call other posters names like "fan" in quotation marks (what does that even mean, anyway? We aren't a true fan or something if we don't watch every game?). Or call us "idiots", that will endear you to others real fast.

And what exactly do you mean by "treadmill" team? I'm curious to know your definition.
Revived
RealGM

Post#417 » by Revived » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:09 pm

NavLDO wrote:
SF88 wrote:I can't wait til a bunch of idiots come in here AFTER the game and say "Oh look at the overreaction in this thread".

There's nothing overreacting about a treadmill team that will miss playoffs for the 5th consecutive year.

Of course these "fans" are the same ones who only watch highlights and read to the advanced stats after the game and don't actually watch the game live.

I know, right!

Just like those "Americans" that only watch the highlights, like President's Day, Independence Day, and act like they know what it is to be one and vote, just because they experience the highlights, but don't serve the country in uniform, they think they know and they express their opinion, like "Oh, look at all the problems the U.S. has overseas" and "Why can't they just shake hands and all be friends". What a bunch of idiots that come in after a war or conflict and think they have the right to speak about it.

Now, doesn't that just sound dumb...thanks for making us all a little dumber with your comment!

Just because I don't have cable, or live in Phoenix, and have no way to watch every Suns' game, that I'm not a good enough of "fan," is how I believe you labeled us, to express my opinion, and am also labeled as some sort of "idiot"...maybe those that aren't as wrapped up in the heat of the moment of every game can provide a little bit of fresh perspective. Just like those new Enlisted and Officers that come into a command and recognize their might be a different way to broach a problem, and in many cases, it's a good idea--they weren't bogged down with culture and experience biases.

But by all means, continue to call other posters names like "fan" in quotation marks (what does that even mean, anyway? We aren't a true fan or something if we don't watch every game?). Or call us "idiots", that will endear you to others real fast.

And what exactly do you mean by "treadmill" team? I'm curious to know your definition.

Lol calm down bro, I wasn't even talking about you. I wasn't calling out fans who don't get to watch the game, I was calling out fans who rip others for comments they made during the game.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#418 » by RunDogGun » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Nav, you are wasting your time. Some don't understand that we are in our second year of a rebuild. Some don't understand that good to great players can be found outside the lottery.

Honestly I can't understand "fans" thinking that players should just stop being competitive for a bit, and then just reengage, and turn that losing culture into a winner. :nonono:

Maybe we could be like GS, and suck for eighteen years gaining all those number seven picks or earlier, and then after a few decades and coaching changes, we can be on top of the standings again. :-?
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#419 » by NavLDO » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:38 pm

SF88 wrote:
NavLDO wrote:

I know, right!

Lol calm down bro, I wasn't even talking about you. I wasn't calling out fans who don't get to watch the game, I was calling out fans who rip others for comments they made during the game.

Well, while I don't call people out specifically for "overreacting", I have alluded to the fact that taking a deep breath and looking at the bigger picture is often warranted. But even still, if you have a particular problem with a poster or two, I just think it would be best to refrain from calling people idiots just because they don't agree with you.

Yeah, maybe I went overboard and was a bit hypersensitive to the post, but you definitely gave the impressions that if a poster is unable to watch a game, that our opinion is less warranted, or that we are somehow lesser of a "fan", as you put it, than those that are. Just rubbed me wrong, I guess. Trust me, I'd love to be able to watch all the Suns games; doesn't make me less of a fan because I can't.

But I do disagree with your notion that we are a treadmill team. If we finish 9th again, that will be just two years finishing as such. A 3rd would be trending in that direction, but still wouldn't consider it a "treadmill" team. That to me, would be a team that sticks with the same FO/coaches, and veteran players year after year--we've already shaken up our roster quite a bit, even from last year, and we are but just over 1.5 seasons into the McD/Horny era. It's going to take longer than that to rebound from a 25-57 season. In fact, if we do manage to make the 8th seed this year, it would be quite a feat, IMO. I figured we had at least 4-5 seasons ahead of us until we were back in the playoff hunt, TBH. So if by the end of the '16-'17 season, we haven't made it back to the playoffs, then I'd start being a bit concerned we were behind schedule.

Return to Phoenix Suns