ImageImageImage

The MoBro's Show

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,162

Re: The MoBro's Show 

Post#541 » by bigfoot » Sat May 16, 2015 2:08 am

Put into perspective Griner is out for 1/5th of the WNBA games for a misdemeanor. That would be 20 games each for the Morri. For a felony, I could see the NBA drop a 40 game suspension on each of these guys.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#542 » by RunDogGun » Sat May 16, 2015 2:16 am

bigfoot wrote:Brittany Griner gets a seven game suspension for misdemeanor assault / domestic violence. The Morii are charged with felony assault. The NBA is gonna throw the book at these two idiots.

What did JR Smith get for killing his passenger?
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#543 » by RunDogGun » Sat May 16, 2015 2:21 am

bigfoot wrote:Put into perspective Griner is out for 1/5th of the WNBA games for a misdemeanor. That would be 20 games each for the Morri. For a felony, I could see the NBA drop a 40 game suspension on each of these guys.

I could see a five to ten game suspension, but I still don't see them being convicted.

Either way, this will hurt the team.
bigfoot

Post#544 » by bigfoot » Sat May 16, 2015 4:20 am

RunDogGun wrote:
bigfoot wrote:Brittany Griner gets a seven game suspension for misdemeanor assault / domestic violence. The Morii are charged with felony assault. The NBA is gonna throw the book at these two idiots.

Smith was not convicted of any crime other than traffic violations. He got a 90 day jail sentence of which he served 24. He was suspended for 7 days.

The NFL and NBA are cracking down on criminal behavior ... suspending players for the season/year for spanking their kids with a switch or punching their wives in an elevator. Silver suspended Jeffery Taylor (Grizz) for 24 games for domestic violence. If the twins are found guilty of felony assault it is going to be at least 24 games ... no doubt.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#545 » by RunDogGun » Sat May 16, 2015 8:04 am

bigfoot wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:

Smith was not convicted of any crime other than traffic violations. He got a 90 day jail sentence of which he served 24. He was suspended for 7 days.

The NFL and NBA are cracking down on criminal behavior ... suspending players for the season/year for spanking their kids with a switch or punching their wives in an elevator. Silver suspended Jeffery Taylor (Grizz) for 24 games for domestic violence. If the twins are found guilty of felony assault it is going to be at least 24 games ... no doubt.

I could see that, but I still don't see enough for a conviction in this case. It all comes down to witness testimony. And in that, there seems to be differing views of what happened. They don't have to appear until the 30th of June, and then we don't know how long the trial could go on from there. Maybe a deal is cut before that. If there are any lesser charges accepted, I could still see a ten game suspension in light of the cases you brought up.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,114

Post#546 » by Revived » Sat May 16, 2015 10:07 am

Morris twins need to give how much ever money it takes and settle this outside of court.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#547 » by RunDogGun » Sat May 16, 2015 1:32 pm

SF88 wrote:Morris twins need to give how much ever money it takes and settle this outside of court.

I just don't know if they can. It seems to me that Hood and the prosecutor would rather this go to trial. The twins can't offer cash now, I don't think. It would perceived as bribery.

I'm not familiar with cases like this, but from what I read, things have to be initiated through the lawyers, and it is t as simple as just paying money like a civil case.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,114

Post#548 » by Revived » Sat May 16, 2015 6:53 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
SF88 wrote:Morris twins need to give how much ever money it takes and settle this outside of court.

I just don't know if they can. It seems to me that Hood and the prosecutor would rather this go to trial. The twins can't offer cash now, I don't think. It would perceived as bribery.

I'm not familiar with cases like this, but from what I read, things have to be initiated through the lawyers, and it is t as simple as just paying money like a civil case.

But can't the prosecutor and Hood drop the charges and say that they settled out of court?

I'm not sure either but I thought they could always drop charges until the trial actually started.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#549 » by RunDogGun » Sat May 16, 2015 8:44 pm

SF88 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:

But can't the prosecutor and Hood drop the charges and say that they settled out of court?

I'm not sure either but I thought they could always drop charges until the trial actually started.

Yes, they can drop the charges. But at this point, it seems as if both of them want this to go to trial. Because as of now, Hood is just a witness to the felony assault, even though he is the victim.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#550 » by thamadkant » Sat May 16, 2015 11:21 pm

Millionaire athletes/people with street-level civil charges are almost likely never charged and jailed.

Money will find a way... unless it was millionaire vs millionaire, where money doesnt matter for the accuser.... which in this case it isnt.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,909

Post#551 » by Fo-Real » Sun May 17, 2015 12:08 am

In this state I believe even if the victim did not want to prosecute, the state can still go foward with the case... and OFTEN DO!!! See it a lot in domestic violence cases... victim wants the case dropped and refuses to co-operate because they dont want thier honey to do time, the state prosecutes anyway... has the victim/witness dragged into court (court order) and put them on the stand. If the witness tries to not cooperate there and change thier story to protect thier attacker, the prosecutor just plays thier police interview and reads the transcripts from the interview that got the charges filed, and tears the witness a new one on the stand, showing they are lying and protecting the defendant. Even if this dude gets paid at this point, this train is gonna kerp steaming ahead. They are gonna sign a plea to a lesser charge if they are smart. My guess is misdemeanor assault... a slap on the wrist... unsupervised probation.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam

Post#552 » by RunDogGun » Sun May 17, 2015 1:31 am

Fo-Real wrote:In this state I believe even if the victim did not want to prosecute, the state can still go foward with the case... and OFTEN DO!!! See it a lot in domestic violence cases... victim wants the case dropped and refuses to co-operate because they dont want thier honey to do time, the state prosecutes anyway... has the victim/witness dragged into court (court order) and put them on the stand. If the witness tries to not cooperate there and change thier story to protect thier attacker, the prosecutor just plays thier police interview and reads the transcripts from the interview that got the charges filed, and tears the witness a new one on the stand, showing they are lying and protecting the defendant. Even if this dude gets paid at this point, this train is gonna kerp steaming ahead. They are gonna sign a plea to a lesser charge if they are smart. My guess is misdemeanor assault... a slap on the wrist... unsupervised probation.

That's what I thought. It's most likely out of Hood's hands at this point, and from what InLen said, about his roommate being led in his testimony, it seems the prosecutor really wants to nail the twins. Oddly, an over push ISO play may work in the twins favor, for the actual evidence seems weak.

If they do take a lesser plea, I could see a ten to twenty game suspension. And then I wonder if there is an out clause for the Suns in their contracts.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,911

Post#553 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu May 21, 2015 4:17 am

Doesn't look like they're movable this off-season.

Still think they're handy bench players as long as your starting line up has 2-3 difference makers.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,354

Post#554 » by AtheJ415 » Thu May 21, 2015 7:50 am

Kieff is more than a handy bench player. He's a solid starter in this league, despite what people on here think. He's also locked into an astronomically undervalued salary for the next 5 years. The only way I would be okay getting rid of Kieff is if it's for a damn good player or damn good pick. Even with the recent arrest.
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#555 » by Flying Colors » Thu May 21, 2015 10:43 am

yeah Kieff is too good a value to just throw away, the mid range is money
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#556 » by LukasBMW » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:19 am

Any updates on this situation?
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#557 » by Flying Colors » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:51 am

june 30th is the pretrial, we probably wont hear much more until then
bigfoot

Post#558 » by bigfoot » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:12 pm

Flying Colors wrote:june 30th is the pretrial, we probably wont hear much more until then

June 25th ... NBA draft. Kills any chance the Morri will be involved in any pre-draft trades. Trial unlikely to be resolved before season starts which really sucks
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,333

Post#559 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:44 am

bigfoot wrote:
Flying Colors wrote:june 30th is the pretrial, we probably wont hear much more until then

June 25th ... NBA draft. Kills any chance the Morri will be involved in any pre-draft trades. Trial unlikely to be resolved before season starts which really sucks

Yes, timing kind of sucks. I guess you want them to be traded?
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,145

Post#560 » by Frank Lee » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:08 am

somebody beat this guy up.... and 5 guys are suspected. Is it a question of picking one or two, or will all 5 try to deny their involvement?

I am expecting a plea bargain with Marcusser shouldering the blame, along with one other thugly. He'll take his punishment/suspension and move on from this.

I would also expect a civil suit once the state is done.
What ? Me Worry ?

Return to Phoenix Suns