ImageImageImage

Official Free Agent Thread: What to do with our cap space

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

drewsprocket
Junior
And1: 100

Post#1341 » by drewsprocket » Wed May 20, 2015 2:56 am

I'm fine with trading up but as long as Bledsoe, Kieff, warren, and Len are excluded. They are our only sure things I'd be unwilling to part with. That said I'm not sure we have much to offer other than extra picks and role players.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,158

Re: Official Free Agent Thread: What to do with our cap space 

Post#1342 » by Revived » Wed May 20, 2015 8:40 am

Hope Phil Jackson listens to his fan base and poaches away Gerald from us...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1388498#start_here
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#1343 » by thamadkant » Wed May 20, 2015 11:49 pm

I'd trade the Suns 2nd rounder for Damien Inglis from the Bucks.
Last year in the draft I thought he had the most impressive physical traits and potential.
6'9, 7'3 wingspan, built similarly to Lebron James...
Instead of using that 43rd pick to a rookie, maybe use it to get Inglis instead. Could be a potential Tucker replacement... with size to be a PF down the line.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#1344 » by lilfishi22 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:49 pm

drewsprocket wrote:I'm fine with trading up but as long as Bledsoe, Kieff, warren, and Len are excluded. They are our only sure things I'd be unwilling to part with. That said I'm not sure we have much to offer other than extra picks and role players.

The only one I don't think should be available is Len. Everyone else should be available.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#1345 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:56 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
drewsprocket wrote:I'm fine with trading up but as long as Bledsoe, Kieff, warren, and Len are excluded. They are our only sure things I'd be unwilling to part with. That said I'm not sure we have much to offer other than extra picks and role players.

The only one I don't think should be available is Len. Everyone else should be available.

Gotta include Warren too. I actually think Warren will be a better player than Len.

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1346 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:00 am

Yeah I suppose I've seen enough of Warren to label him a keeper. But everyone else should definitely be on the table.
thamadkant

Post#1347 » by thamadkant » Thu May 21, 2015 12:11 am

Len, Goodwin, Warren, picks (unless picks are coming back), Bogdanovic

are the untouchables for me. Go all young and see who rises to the top with starter minutes.... I think with 30 minutes...
- Warren: 15 ppg 6 rpg 1 apg
- Goodwin: 17 ppg 5 rpg 4 apg 2 spg
- Len: 10 ppg 10 rpg 2.5 bpg
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#1348 » by bwgood77 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:17 am

You gotta figure McD probably really feels the same way about Len and Warren considering how much scouting he does and taking them with his first picks in his his first two years. He also probably must REALLY like Knight...I'm guessing he has been scouting him awhile.

It's unclear about Bledsoe and the Markieff. He did call them the two best players, but at that point it was simply true, given the fact that Dragic had been moved off ball. He isn't the one that concocted the Bledsoe trade either. IIRC, someone else in the front office came up with the structure of that deal. I'm not saying he didn't want him, but he clearly wanted Knight given that he is a scout and gave up a likely lottery pick and another first round pick he made (Ennis) to get him.

Unless it were a S&T, he couldn't trade Knight until December or January anyway, so I don't think he will be on the table.
thamadkant

Post#1349 » by thamadkant » Thu May 21, 2015 12:28 am

Yeah 95% chance Knight is a keeper..
He can score, drive, shoot outside and have shown significant improvements every year.. which I've mentioned is one of McD's "check" items for players he wants.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1350 » by bwgood77 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:32 am

1UPZ wrote:Yeah 95% chance Knight is a keeper..
He can score, drive, shoot outside and have shown significant improvements every year.. which I've mentioned is one of McD's "check" items for players he wants.

And three things those guys all seem to have in common is that they are all seemingly high character guys.
drewsprocket
Junior

Post#1351 » by drewsprocket » Thu May 21, 2015 2:27 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:

Gotta include Warren too. I actually think Warren will be a better player than Len.

I'd just rather see a core of wanted players rather than us continuing with the same dynamic. Trading Bledsoe won't land you a lotto pick without taking on someone probably really unwanted. But I guess I'd accept a Bledsoe trade -- its just that he's a better player than Knight. I think a team approach can resolve Bledsoe's playmaking inefficiencies. Having him prob the paint and run through PnR's doesn't really get him anywhere. I think he's more of a motion offense with some PnR options works better.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1352 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:28 am

What do you mean by same dynamic?
drewsprocket
Junior

Post#1353 » by drewsprocket » Thu May 21, 2015 2:40 am

Stuck short on keepers. Robbing peter to pay paul and losing talent at one position for a different one. I think Bledsoe is the future PG and not Knight. Bledsoe I think gives defense and will become a top defender once our offensive woes get worked out. Having him dribbling around looking for shots for players who stand around with their dicks in their hands is wasting his energy. He's not Nash and shouldn't be treated as such.
Mr-Al
Senior
And1: 225

Post#1354 » by Mr-Al » Thu May 21, 2015 6:11 am

1UPZ wrote:Len, Goodwin, Warren, picks (unless picks are coming back), Bogdanovic

are the untouchables for me. Go all young and see who rises to the top with starter minutes.... I think with 30 minutes...

I don't disagree but Bogdanovic has done absolutely nothing to warrant being untouchable, he'll probably be a semi decent shooter off the bench, but doesn't project to being anything close to an NBA star and is years away from being productive here

the only guys I consider untouchable are guys that have the tools to become NBA stars potentially, Warren, Len, and maybe Goodwin
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1355 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:14 am

Mr-Al wrote:I don't disagree but Bogdanovic has done absolutely nothing to warrant being untouchable, he'll probably be a semi decent shooter off the bench, but doesn't project to being anything close to an NBA star and is years away from being productive here

the only guys I consider untouchable are guys that have the tools to become NBA stars potentially, Warren, Len, and maybe Goodwin

+1

As decent a prospect Bogdanovic appears, he's proven nothing so far. He should be made available.
Mr-Al
Senior
And1: 225

Post#1356 » by Mr-Al » Thu May 21, 2015 6:20 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
Mr-Al wrote:I don't disagree but Bogdanovic has done absolutely nothing to warrant being untouchable, he'll probably be a semi decent shooter off the bench, but doesn't project to being anything close to an NBA star and is years away from being productive here

+1

As decent a prospect Bogdanovic appears, he's proven nothing so far. He should be made available.

maybe, but his value is barely anything right now, if you wait 1-2 years and he gets better, then maybe you make him more available

if we were talking about a talented European big, someone with a really rare skill set like what Mirotic was for a couple years over there, that would be one thing

if the Suns are a good playoff team down the line and get gifted a developed Bogdan out of nowhere for the bench, sure that would be great

but he's far from being untouchable
thamadkant

Post#1357 » by thamadkant » Thu May 21, 2015 7:28 am

Mr-Al wrote:
1UPZ wrote:Len, Goodwin, Warren, picks (unless picks are coming back), Bogdanovic

I don't disagree but Bogdanovic has done absolutely nothing to warrant being untouchable, he'll probably be a semi decent shooter off the bench, but doesn't project to being anything close to an NBA star and is years away from being productive here

Which is WHY I will only trade Bogdanovic away ONCE I see how he adapts to the NBA... he could be the next Ginobili... you have to judge after you see him play.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Post#1358 » by King4Day » Thu May 21, 2015 12:29 pm

SF88 wrote:Hope Phil Jackson listens to his fan base and poaches away Gerald from us...

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1388498#start_here

That link doesn't work for me. What does it say?
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,190

Post#1359 » by Sunsdeuce » Thu May 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Throwing out my two cents.

In my opinion, this team will not take a step forward until a few changes are made. First and foremost, tucker absolutely has to go or be sent to near end of the bench. There simply isnt any improvement with tucker as an individual as well as helping the team to be had. He is what he is, a bench player. He is overpaid and does not render Ws.

Second, the bad apples have to go. Morri' and bledsoe. Markeiff is a good version of Rodney Rodgers. Very good at a lot of things but a master at nothing. And markeiff needs a fresh start. Or Marcus needs to go. They need to be broken from each other. Bledsoe, simply is not a good "PG". He is a very good tweener but has no definted role. Those type of players simply are not found on good teams (tweeners, I mean). He also does not have a leadership bone in his body.

Too me those are the most important things that need to change in order for this organization to move forward.

On a side note, Ryan Mcd came on the radio on Arizonasports and basically said the suns are sticking with the two guard line-up and he thinks this is the way the NBA is going. So he has all intentions of re-signing Knight. He also said he wants to get another stretch 4, admited he tried to use Tolliver in that role but it didnt work out.
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1360 » by bwgood77 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:03 pm

I wonder who he could/would go after for a stretch 4? People are probably not terribly excited about Hawes, but something just didn't seem right with that situation. They might dump him for Marcus or Tucker or basically not much, but I don't know if he is worth going for. Seems like he could rotate with our bigs to give us depth and ability to stretch the floor.

Orlando is looking to trade their pick according to some sources, but they would need something like Markieff. If we could deal him and get Porzingis back and we might have to take back Frye, it might not a bad thing for the vet leadership, and a backup big/mentor for Porzingis.

I like Kieff though, so I'm not adamant about trading him unless we can get an upgrade or a potential star.

Then there is McBob, coming of injury. I don't even know exactly how skilled he is or what it might take to get him. I don't know that Dragic would be terribly happy for them to take any of the guys we are talking about trading anyway.

Then of course there are the young guys like Vonleh, Payne, etc, but I doubt McD just wants a raw stretch four as much as one that can play now. Payne may become available at some point depending on who Minnesota drafts...if they have Towns/Dieng/Pek/Bennett, etc in frontcourt, I don't know how attached they would be to Payne, but I don't know what his upside is since he is a bit older for a young guy.

Return to Phoenix Suns