Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,784

Re: Official Free Agent Thread: What to do with our cap space 

Post#841 » by Saberestar » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:07 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Brandan Wright is interested in returning to the #Suns. "Being called young is pretty much over with. We've got to take the next step."

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulcoro

It would be great to have him return.

Yes, I agree. I really like Len/Wright at C, it's probably our best covered position.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#842 » by thamadkant » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Gerald Green: "I think they want me back as well... Actually, it was a good conversation (w/Lon Babby) so I'm a little positive about that."

Can be that true? Hopefully Babby wasn't serious, he needs to go. Please, some smart players are needed here!!

The only way I'd keep Green is if Suns get rid of Morris twins and Tucker (assuming Suns can sign another higher IQ defender)

Atleast you have a low IQ player in Green who can score 20 off the bench.
In Len We Trust
Banned User
And1: 380

Post#843 » by In Len We Trust » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:25 pm

I'll cry if Gerald Green takes a single minute away from Goodwin next year.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,073

Post#844 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:52 pm

Green is gone. He was terrible this year besides a handful of games.
thamadkant

Post#845 » by thamadkant » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:55 pm

Goodwin needs a solid 20 minutes a game to develop. With big minutes, he has put up numbers better than players playing in front of him. The only thing I can think of why he gets benched a lot is Hornacek wants him to LEARN from his mistakes and not get a big head... so he continues to work on his game... I mean, if I was coach, thats what I would do to develop young players discipline and attitude.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Official Free Agent Thread: What to do with our cap space 

Post#846 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:13 am

I love Archie if he can develop into a PG. I can't see him a solid two guard. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
alphagorilla
Sophomore
And1: 144

Post#847 » by alphagorilla » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:41 am

if we trade the twins this summer what do you think about going after Tristan Thompson in the FA? could be a gamble but I see him as a solid player
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Official Free Agent Thread: What to do with our cap space 

Post#848 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:45 am

Losing Markieff would be a BIG blow unless we get an Allstar back. Do not trade him unless it's a hell of a deal. I don't mind trading Marcus but Markieff no.

carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#849 » by carey » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:47 am

alphagorilla wrote:if we trade the twins this summer what do you think about going after Tristan Thompson in the FA? could be a gamble but I see him as a solid player

Rich Paul.
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#850 » by carey » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:48 am

1UPZ wrote:Goodwin needs a solid 20 minutes a game to develop. With big minutes, he has put up numbers better than players playing in front of him. The only thing I can think of why he gets benched a lot is Hornacek wants him to LEARN from his mistakes and not get a big head... so he continues to work on his game... I mean, if I was coach, thats what I would do to develop young players discipline and attitude.

I asked the beat reporters once. It's because he still misses defensive assignments regularly and also occasionally forgets the offensive play.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#851 » by nevetsov » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:06 am

[instagram][/instagram]
carey wrote:
1UPZ wrote:Goodwin needs a solid 20 minutes a game to develop. With big minutes, he has put up numbers better than players playing in front of him. The only thing I can think of why he gets benched a lot is Hornacek wants him to LEARN from his mistakes and not get a big head... so he continues to work on his game... I mean, if I was coach, thats what I would do to develop young players discipline and attitude.

I asked the beat reporters once. It's because he still misses defensive assignments regularly and also occasionally forgets the offensive play.

If that was the deal breaker, Gerald wouldn't get out of the locker room ;)
thamadkant

Post#852 » by thamadkant » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:16 am

carey wrote:

I would be 100% sure that's the reason IF not for the other 4 players with him doing the same thing from time to time.

Again, I think Hornacek is trying to make sure he develops correctly.

I still see him being a Lance Stephenson, Jimmy Butler type.... late bloomers that had talent and athleticism, only lacked the mental side of things early on.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,370

Post#853 » by Puff » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:07 am

I really do not understand why so many want to let Green go. I certainly do not want to overpay for him but it was clear that this team had trouble scoring after we traded two of our top two scorers in Dragic and Thomas. I like Goodwin but he must earn his minutes and his outside shot still looks terrible. Every team can use an explosive 6th man to come in off the bench and provide a lift. Green did that job in 13/14 and we won 48 games. This year was a mess and so was Green for the most part. I think it all goes back to the 3PG system that we tried to employ. It really hurt a lot of players. The backcourt roles were never clearly defined. Players that led the team to 48 wins, Dragic and Green were hurt the most.

I think that both Bledsoe and Knight will be back next year. I want to get Goodwin minutes but I also want Green in the mix. I really do not want to see Tucker as our staring two guard again, ever. If healthy I would love to see Danny Granger replace Tucker's minutes entirely.

While I have generally been a supporter of the Twins I would trade them in a heartbeat along with Tucker. All three of those guys seem to set a very bad tone with the refs and just are not that good. Unfortunately I do not know what other team would want any of them.
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,354

Post#854 » by AtheJ415 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:20 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:I love Archie if he can develop into a PG. I can't see him a solid two guard. I hope I'm wrong.

I actually think Archie is better suited to play the 2. His movement off the ball and slashability are his strengths. I agree he probably can't become the traditional 2 who can spot up and rain jumpers, but I think he can play the 2 in a double PG system.

Either way though, his jumper is clearly the area that needs the most improvement skill-wise for him to become a player in this league.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#855 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:01 am

Players still on the roster in 4 years:

1999 on 2003 - (1) Gugliotta
2003 on 2007 - (2) Stoudamire, Marion
2007 on 2011 - (1) Nash
2011 on 2015 - (0)
2015 on 2019 - ?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,596

Post#856 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:17 am

Saberestar wrote:
Brandan Wright is interested in returning to the #Suns. "Being called young is pretty much over with. We've got to take the next step."

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulcoro

That's grown man talk. I like that attitude. Coming from someone who's played with a contender (Dallas) and have been around champions, he knows the kind of attitude and mindset you need to be a good team. He's clearly one of the most experienced on our team and we need guys like him who is young enough to to relate to the youngin's but experienced enough to know what that next step to take is.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,596

Post#857 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 am

carey wrote:
alphagorilla wrote:if we trade the twins this summer what do you think about going after Tristan Thompson in the FA? could be a gamble but I see him as a solid player

Rich Paul.

Also, I don't think he's significantly better than Thomas Robinson who is the same age and will probably get paid a fraction of what Thompson is looking for.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#858 » by gaspar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:20 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Players still on the roster in 4 years:

1999 on 2003 - (1) Gugliotta
2003 on 2007 - (2) Stoudamire, Marion
2007 on 2011 - (1) Nash
2011 on 2015 - (0)
2015 on 2019 - ?

Markieff Morris.
thamadkant

Post#859 » by thamadkant » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:17 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:I love Archie if he can develop into a PG. I can't see him a solid two guard. I hope I'm wrong.

I too think he is better off developing as a scoring/attacking PG, like Bledsoe now but 6'5-6'6 version.
thamadkant

Post#860 » by thamadkant » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:21 am

AtheJ415 wrote:

I actually think Archie is better suited to play the 2. His movement off the ball and slashability are his strengths. I agree he probably can't become the traditional 2 who can spot up and rain jumpers, but I think he can play the 2 in a double PG system.

Either way though, his jumper is clearly the area that needs the most improvement skill-wise for him to become a player in this league.

As mentioned on my other post. Goodwin isn't a traditional 2, in that he isn't a long range shooter.. But he isn't a one either that he likes to drive and score.

He should be developed as a taller Bledsoe.. Who can spot minutes as SG but can work as a combo next to someone who also can dribble and shoot...

Return to Phoenix Suns