RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Re: Earl Barron 

Post#21 » by RunDogGun » Sun Mar 1, 2015 10:01 am

Bogyo wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:
Bogyo wrote:
Could be, but isn't he on a 2yr minimum contract with a PO after this? What I really ment was giving him a 10/3 contract, or something like that, after noone went for him for a while... I'm pretty sure he would have taken it, then we would have him on the cheap instead of a Wright rental, which we'll likely have to overpay this summer.

I thought I read a bit back that Davis is going to opt out for a bigger and better contract. He might be available. But the Lakers will have money, and depending on who they draft, they might try and keep him.

That is correct. He will opt out this summer. I bet he gets his contract now. Again - if we can't re-sign Wright, he could be a really good plan B. Wouldn't even mind giving him a 4 year deal. He'll be in his prime all along, on the cheap before the new cap, and dude has been consistant since entering the league, with not a buch of miles on him.
Check out his stats: 6 years in the league, averaging between 15-25 minutes in every season (lows in Memphis behind ZBo and Gasol), FG% between 51-59% every year, rebounds between 4.5-7.5 (again, lows in Memphis). Only 26 in june, 6'10 and 240. What's not to like?

I'd love to pick up Davis. Every game I've seen him with the Lakers he hustles, rebounds, and puts the ball in the basket. Very scrapy on defense as well. He would be a nice compliment to TJ at the forward position.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Re: Earl Barron 

Post#22 » by Bogyo » Sun Mar 1, 2015 3:43 pm

[/quote]
I'd love to pick up Davis. Every game I've seen him with the Lakers he hustles, rebounds, and puts the ball in the basket. Very scrapy on defense as well. He would be a nice compliment to TJ at the forward position.[/quote]

I'd be happy with either him or Wright, I just think we would need to utilize them (and their skills) a little bit better.

Return to Phoenix Suns