Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 48

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,390

Re: Do the Suns have worst fans in the NBA? 

Post#21 » by Revived » Sun Mar 1, 2015 10:18 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ScottHoward42/status/572084533836689408[/tweet]
Matt1979
Junior
And1: 92

Post#22 » by Matt1979 » Sun Mar 1, 2015 11:06 pm

Living in England I only get chance to watch games on NBA League Pass and sad to say the home fans are awful over TV. Home and away games are like night and day. I prefer watching away games because at least the crowd are into it. It's embarrassing and no wonder the players come out flat when all you can hear is the away support.
denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Post#23 » by denial » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:01 am

I lived in houston for a few years and the toyota center crowd was identical to AWA/USAC/TSRA. Not better not worse, but basically identical. So Phx can't be the worst, although maybe not very good.
Revived
RealGM

Post#24 » by Revived » Mon Mar 2, 2015 12:18 am

denial wrote:I lived in houston for a few years and the toyota center crowd was identical to AWA/USAC/TSRA. Not better not worse, but basically identical. So Phx can't be the worst, although maybe not very good.

The Rockets crowd was actually rocking tonight but idk maybe people started to care more getting loud once they became good.
JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#25 » by JTrain » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:35 am

Absolute worst? I doubt it. But I really don't know. Probably bottom half from what I've seen in person.

Me personally, I'm the best fan in the NBA. If everyone would just act like me we'd be great.
Funky Tut
Bench Warmer
And1: 768

Post#26 » by Funky Tut » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:55 am

Yeah the Rockets are good and have entertaining players, that may help crowd motivation
denial
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,014

Post#27 » by denial » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:08 am

SF88 wrote:
denial wrote:I lived in houston for a few years and the toyota center crowd was identical to AWA/USAC/TSRA. Not better not worse, but basically identical. So Phx can't be the worst, although maybe not very good.

The Rockets crowd was actually rocking tonight but idk maybe people started to care more getting loud once they became good.

AWA was pretty loud when we were contenders too. Let's compare apples to apples. I'm talking Rockets circa 2010.
the_warden
Sixth Man
And1: 13

Post#28 » by the_warden » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:12 am

Suns don't have great home court, but it's not the worst.
@RyanOutrich wrote:@chrisbosh seems just like yesterday u hatched ouuta ur shell and the ugliest dino of them all was born
Tahleron
Freshman
And1: 30

Post#29 » by Tahleron » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:22 am

SF88 wrote:

That city has the worst traffic in the west, not sure there's a place in the western world I hate driving more than there (maybe London? Sydney pisses me off too). So it probably suffers a lot from peak hour crawl to game, but this was an early afternoon on Sunday.
Revived
RealGM

Post#30 » by Revived » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:41 am

denial wrote:
SF88 wrote:

AWA was pretty loud when we were contenders too. Let's compare apples to apples. I'm talking Rockets circa 2010.

Oh yea then agreed. Fans are louder when the team is good, even season ticket holders can attest to that

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ScottHoward42/status/571922044545187840[/tweet]
Revived
RealGM

Post#31 » by Revived » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:37 am

Our fan base has been strong when the players have given them something to cheer about. Listen to this, even the commentators are laughing about it because the fans are so loud

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz2Qj6l_Tos[/youtube]

What's funny is that Kieff was actually on the bench when this happened.

Listen to that video above and tell me "our fans have always been quiet".
Drones
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#32 » by Drones » Mon Mar 2, 2015 9:09 am

I'm not a Suns fan (obviously) but I did live in Phoenix for a few years in college. In that period I went to just about every Laker game and found that those were always very lively, excited games as far as fanfare was concerned.

Once I was crossing the street and some guy in a Suns hat starts talking to me...eventually he asks where I'm from and I tell him Los Angeles. Without even mentioning my team, the guy goes:

"You're from LA? Man, **** the Lakers!" and speeds off on his bike.

I also found the crowd to be extremely hype when big names came to town. The Miami game last year where the Suns almost beat LeBron was pretty raucous. I personally just like watching pros hoop so It was sweet getting in Suns games for the student discount ($5, sometimes $10.) Like someone else said it was always the young 18-20somethings who made the most noise.
JTrain
Starter
And1: 1,012

Post#33 » by JTrain » Mon Mar 2, 2015 9:29 am

Headline: "62 percent of Suns fans consider themselves to be the worst fans in the NBA"
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,190

Post#34 » by Sunsdeuce » Mon Mar 2, 2015 2:58 pm

Been going to games for three decades now. I have seen pretty much everything with Suns fans. One thing that is true is that Suns fans respond to the heart and effort the players bring to the court. Suns fan get loud when they see the effort. When sweat is pouring from the players and they show emotion from big plays the crowd gets loud.

Take time the next time you watch a Suns game. Look for the players that are sweating like crazy. Those are the players giving it their all. When I see players that played the whole game and barely have broke a sweat I know they didn't play with heart and usually that means the crowd isn't into the game.

Barkley use to just pour swear, like someone just dumped buckets of water on him over and over, and the crowd was crazy.

Point is the crowd responds to hard work and dedication to the game.

But if you want to agree with markieff, "it's not my fault I played like crap, it's your fault!," than that's on you.

One thing I know for a fact about THIS team is they don't give 110% every game. There isn't one single player that gives it his all EVERY game. Not Tucker, not the Morris twins, not bledsoe, not green etc. whose fault is it? No perfect answer but it falls mostly on the players and coach.

I would probably say Len probably gives the most effort than anyone on this team. He isn't currently the best player on the team YET but he will be because he does try the hardest and he is the youngest guy there.
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#35 » by jcsunsfan » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:05 pm

Kieff, this isn't Kansas anymore.

If this was Philly, the fans would have been booing you off the court for that sorry performance. Suns fans are more polite to their home team when they play like crap.

This story is about a player who wants to blame the fans, of all things for his team's poor performance. This team is a bunch of selfish surely, loudmouths (Morris brothers) who don't play basketball very well consistently and frankly are not very likable.

Look in the mirror Kieff.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#36 » by TeamTragic » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:39 pm

Our team is currently in another rebuild. I'm not sure anyone wants to watch this team play right now. Therefore the team is figuring out their identity, our supporters are suffering (even more after that San Antonio game) and Hornacek is a bad coach.

Everything we already knew and then add that Sarver hate for good measure. You reap what you sow.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#37 » by thamadkant » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:25 pm

The suns this season has been terrible to watch a lot of times. McD needs to push the youth who atleast are exciting to watch purely due to their development on the court.
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,190

Post#38 » by Sunsdeuce » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:29 pm

@The_SportsPaige: .@Vincemarotta: If it seems like the fans aren't behind you...there's a reason for that that.http://t.co/3fuTYf8dQ5 http://t.co/Yapz3O0AvG
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#39 » by thamadkant » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:42 pm

I don't cheer as loud when the Morris brothers score in comparison to when Len or Goodwin scores. I stand up and get pumped when Len blocks someone or when he does a good play. In between those two cheer-range, Bledsoe, Tucker and Green and everyone else falls in. Although I cheer twice as much for Bledsoe when he makes a great pass or a great defensive play.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#40 » by RunDogGun » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:41 pm

1UPZ wrote:I don't cheer as loud when the Morris brothers score in comparison to when Len or Goodwin scores. I stand up and get pumped when Len blocks someone or when he does a good play. In between those two cheer-range, Bledsoe, Tucker and Green and everyone else falls in. Although I cheer twice as much for Bledsoe when he makes a great pass or a great defensive play.

Are you serious, or just joking? I cheer just as loud for any made basket. The only time I cheer louder, is in the last part of the game. But I don't give a f*ck which player put it in the hoop, even Beasley. :o

Funny, but you can see me cheering a Plumlee block in the Philly game last year. Most of the fans around me, are content with just sitting there, like they are watching a high school graduation.

At that game, the fans were more rowdy at the Blue Moon lounge rushing to get their free food at halftime. Maybe the Suns can throw out free hotdogs after each made basket, and those fans can get excited. :o

"Corn dogs, Jackie, corn dogs for all these people!"

Return to Phoenix Suns