Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes: 48

RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Re: Do the Suns have worst fans in the NBA? 

Post#41 » by RunDogGun » Mon Mar 2, 2015 7:57 pm

NBAtv just reshowed the Spurs game, and the crowd went wild when Bonner hit the last corner three. :roll: Much louder than TJ's last basket. When Bonner (an opposing deep bench player) can get a louder cheer from the crowd, there is a problem.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,683

Post#42 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Mar 2, 2015 8:56 pm

SF88 wrote:Our fan base has been strong when the players have given them something to cheer about. Listen to this, even the commentators are laughing about it because the fans are so loud

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz2Qj6l_Tos[/youtube]

What's funny is that Kieff was actually on the bench when this happened.

Listen to that video above and tell me "our fans have always been quiet".

You can't use this. It's obviously an exception because of a unique situation.
hoopnharm
Banned User
And1: 23

Post#43 » by hoopnharm » Mon Mar 2, 2015 9:56 pm

I don't live in phoenix so obviously I haven't attended many games, but I do enjoy watching a couple guys y'all got under contract. while the arena does look empty on league pass (I understand only the lower-bowl area is visible though) and the suns rank 22nd in fan attendance, I think "worst fans" is a bit of a stretch. something like "below average" would have been a lot more PC of the morris twins, but would it have had such a galvanizing effect?

also, damn scott howard seems like an internet gangster, what a dummy!
phrazbit
Sixth Man
And1: 649

Post#44 » by phrazbit » Mon Mar 2, 2015 10:15 pm

RunDogGun wrote:NBAtv just reshowed the Spurs game, and the crowd went wild when Bonner hit the last corner three. :roll: Much louder than TJ's last basket. When Bonner (an opposing deep bench player) can get a louder cheer from the crowd, there is a problem.

You'll be relieved to find we once again disagree on something.

The Suns lack of fan enthusasum is a symptom of a cycle of poor marketing, getting burned on some terrible guys the franchise hyped and also the result of having been so good for so long that its hard to get the blood pumping during a bad stretch. The fans in Phoenix are no better or worse than in countless cities that have gone through similar scenarios, and I say they are beyond question better than the fan bases in cities like Atlanta, Miami, Orlando, Detroit, New Orleans, Minnesota... thats off the top of my head.

The Suns have been putting out a bad/mediocre product for nearly 5 years to a consumer base that is used to high quality stuff, and they have not lowered their prices to reflect the lowered quality of the product.

And as for Bonner getting a bigger cheer than Tucker... the game was a massacre, I went to the Spurs game last feb when the Suns ran San Antonio over and the place was boisterous, I screamed myself silly, but had I been in the building the other night the best I or anyone else could likely muster would be chorus of boos.
sunsfever68
Sixth Man
And1: 310

Post#45 » by sunsfever68 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 11:45 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:
SF88 wrote:Our fan base has been strong when the players have given them something to cheer about. Listen to this, even the commentators are laughing about it because the fans are so loud

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz2Qj6l_Tos[/youtube]

What's funny is that Kieff was actually on the bench when this happened.

Listen to that video above and tell me "our fans have always been quiet".

You can't use this. It's obviously an exception because of a unique situation.

This x10000

We all love Steve but if anything this just shows nostalgia for an amazing player who plays last time in Phoenix.

I agree with Markieff that the fans are absolutely terrible who sit lower level or should I say the majority of the Scottsdale casual quiet old white and pompous types (I"m white I can say that).

I was a Suns ballboy back in 2007. I've grown up in Phoenix I understand Phoenix I understand Arizona sports fans to a T. combined high ticket prices, a terrible disdain for the owner, a lack of support from fans in the lower level who look at you sideways if you want to cheer loudly (biggest issue), and and cheesy in game entertainment are just some of the few issues with our crowd.

We all probably have friends that are die hard fans that don't go to the games. This is also an issue you have a lot of keyboard warriors posting negative things about Arizona sports but do nothing to change the atmosphere and culture of our teams this is prevalent across the board with the suns Cardinals diamondbacks coyotes Arizona State football and basketball.

You have to also take into consideration half of the state is not from Arizona, and their loyalties lie elsewhere. However the suns are different they're the crown jewel of Phoenix, most people in this state are suns fans, remember most fans will abandon their hometown team if you win them over with the winning awesome culture in the new city.

The Los Angeles Lakers have a terrible home crowd as well in the lower level because the seats are so expensive that real Laker fans don't sit lower level, they sit upper level or they don't go to the games all because they can't afford them.

You have to lower the prices drive away the corporate level types, sarver is going to take a hit on ticket sales revenue, but he will make up a lot of it in merchandise sales and other sources of revenue.

You also have to instill culture of the fans that it is good and expected to get louder and cheer for the team. The record has something to do with it but not everything. The pervasive issue at hand is the lack of fan support either fans who set lower level in their work attire who want to look cool taking instagram selfies instead of wearing a suns jersey and hat and getting loud.
azsportsman
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#46 » by azsportsman » Tue Mar 3, 2015 2:25 am

Are you kidding me?

The Heat win a title and noone in that state even notices Lebron is gone. (I didn't make that up)

Yeah the Suns fans don't look great right now but as its been said, all fan bases that are either loosing or are frustrating to watch don't earn as many fans. The Suns record is much much better than how frustrating they are to watch.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,423

Post#47 » by Revived » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:03 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DaveKingNBA/status/579859000910422016[/tweet]
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,691

Post#48 » by Qwigglez » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:32 pm

You know what for being a non-playoff team and our record being 17-18 on the road is very impressive. Especially considering that we are still a young team that lacks veteran leadership.
I imagine if we had more die-hard Suns fans at home our record could be slightly better.

Return to Phoenix Suns