OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Re: OT - Media Thread 

Post#21 » by TASTIC » Fri Jun 5, 2015 12:17 pm

I really liked The Kingsman - possibly cos I bus past so many of those spots (i.e the suit place) every morning on the way to work! But that scene with the princess was overboard and felt quite forced (ha ha).

Watched The Voices on the plane the other day...was weird, but not that bad. Reynolds was entirely believable as a complete psycho!

Just watched Unfinished Business as well, apart from the odd funny line and Dave Franco being hilarious as a simpleton, it was a pretty formulaic attempt as a Hangover type laugh. Vaughn is ok but he's firmly locked in that 'nice guy you wanna drink with or work for' mold...

Looking forward to Jurassic World for sure!
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#22 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jun 5, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm keen as for Jurassic World!
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#23 » by DRK » Sun Jun 7, 2015 5:10 am

If yall have 20 hours to kill on a thrilling Korean Drama, City Hunter is for you. Got me hooked as hell from the first episode. It's basically about one guy and his insane father getting revenge against the entire South Korean Political System, through assassinations and other stuff. Edge-of-seat stuff, as well as a pretty cool love story through it. Highly recommend 10/10.

Can be watched on youtube with English subtitles. Alot of my non-Korean friends are hooked on it too.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#24 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jun 7, 2015 6:31 pm

Spoiler:
DRK wrote:If yall have 20 hours to kill on a thrilling Korean Drama, City Hunter is for you. Got me hooked as hell from the first episode. It's basically about one guy and his insane father getting revenge against the entire South Korean Political System, through assassinations and other stuff. Edge-of-seat stuff, as well as a pretty cool love story through it. Highly recommend 10/10.

Can be watched on youtube with English subtitles. Alot of my non-Korean friends are hooked on it too.

I'll definitely check it out. Been asking for good shows I may not have heard about on the Media Lounge for a while. It looks a little bit like something I watched some of before, maybe with the same actors...two guys after the same woman, it shows them through training at the beginning and then they start undercover investigations. But for some reason I got distracted and never finished. Can't remember the name though.

I've seen a bunch of great South Korean movies though. I loved The Man from Nowhere and a bunch of others.
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#25 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:45 am

Anyone listened to the new Muse album? Loved it.

About the series. I'm between Peaky Blinders and the Shield, which one should I start watching?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:03 am

Ulquiorra wrote:Anyone listened to the new Muse album? Loved it.

About the series. I'm between Peaky Blinders and the Shield, which one should I start watching?

I guess it depends. Both are great, though I haven't finished Peaky Blinders because I got a little bored in season 2. The Shield is great and you can dive in and you will see what is next. Great characters.

Not to say Peaky isn't great. I loved season one, but still need to finish season two. I would start with The Shield, and if you don't want to power on through, watch season one of Peaky after season one of the Shield.

Also, if you want a bunch of responses, ask it in the Media Lounge forum....most of those guys have watched them all (at least the good ones) and you will get a bunch or responses. Just click on Off Topic at the top, and then Media lounge. It's nice to talk about things in there and get fans of all teams adding their opinions. I would be interested in seeing their opinions and I'm sure many will have listened to that new album, and would give you their opinions.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#27 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:13 am

Watched Ex Machina over the weekend. Very interesting film and that asian actor was super cute
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#28 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:20 am

And to contribute myself, I'll give a small review of the series I have watched.

The Wire: must-watch
The Sopranos: must-watch
Dexter: great first 3-4 seasons, some of the best season-finales i've watched, pretty good series overall
Game of Thrones: one of the best series going on
OZ: great series about prison-life
Lost: awesome first 2-3 seasons, followed by some "wtf is going on" seasons and a hate it or love it finale
Breaking Bad: if you manage to survive the first 2 seasons of family talks, it's turing out great, must-watch
True Detective: nice story, acting of McConaughey and Harrelson is great
Supernatural: first 5 seasons are epic
Prison Break: awesome season 1, get's worse after each season
Sherlock: more like mini-movies, pretty great stuff
Sons of Anarchy: very good series about a MC
Arrested Development: great comedy series, clever humor
Criminal Minds: way better than CSI, interesting take on profiling
How I Met Your Mother: good comedy series, loved Barney, hated the ending
Suits: cool series about lawyers and legal stuff
Fringe: a very good series with paranormal phenomenons
Two and a half men: cool comedy series, gets old after some point (too many seasons)
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#29 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:00 am

Ulquiorra wrote:And to contribute myself, I'll give a small review of the series I have watched.

The Wire: must-watch
The Sopranos: must-watch
Dexter: great first 3-4 seasons, some of the best season-finales i've watched, pretty good series overall
Game of Thrones: one of the best series going on
OZ: great series about prison-life
Lost: awesome first 2-3 seasons, followed by some "wtf is going on" seasons and a hate it or love it finale
Breaking Bad: if you manage to survive the first 2 seasons of family talks, it's turing out great, must-watch
True Detective: nice story, acting of McConaughey and Harrelson is great
Supernatural: first 5 seasons are epic
Prison Break: awesome season 1, get's worse after each season
Sherlock: more like mini-movies, pretty great stuff
Sons of Anarchy: very good series about a MC
Arrested Development: great comedy series, clever humor
Criminal Minds: way better than CSI, interesting take on profiling
How I Met Your Mother: good comedy series, loved Barney, hated the ending
Suits: cool series about lawyers and legal stuff
Fringe: a very good series with paranormal phenomenons
Two and a half men: cool comedy series, gets old after some point (too many seasons)

Most of your opinions are spot on for me. I haven't watched much of your bottom six, and haven't seen much of Supernatural. Other series that are great...Banshee, Strike Back, 24, Damages, Borgen, Friday Night Lights, the 100, and Nikita. All of those are really fun to watch. Criminal Minds seems good for one episode series.

Happy Valley is great too...short series, and builds big time after episode 3 with tension and gets awesome. It's on netflix here.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#30 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:00 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Watched Ex Machina over the weekend. Very interesting film and that asian actor was super cute

My favorite of the year so far.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#31 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:35 am

If anyone is looking for a good sci fi series, check out Killjoys...I just watched the first episode the other night...really entertaining. I then checked out Dark Matter, suggested by someone in the Media Lounge, and it is interesting too. Both on the syfy channel...episodes on couchtuner as well (but if you go there, use adblock).
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#32 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:39 am

Talking about new series, I watched the first episode of True Detective Season 2. Was a bit underwhelming but I think it should get better.
blacksun
Senior
And1: 375

Post#33 » by blacksun » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:04 am

Anybody else interested in the rock's new series Ballers? Ive been hungry for more sports front office dramas like moneyball and draft day.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#34 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:56 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Talking about new series, I watched the first episode of True Detective Season 2. Was a bit underwhelming but I think it should get better.

I read a review that it is a step down from the first season. Many people in the Media Lounge say Colin Farrell is by far the best part. I'll definitely check it out. May wait until it's a few episodes in and watch them all together to get a good start.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#35 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:34 pm

Problem with Colin Farrell is it feels like he's played that character a few times before in his career. Not sure how I feel about Taylor Kitsch either in it. But it's only one episode in so we'll see.

Season 1 drew me in almost immediately
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,690

Post#36 » by Qwigglez » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:52 pm

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#37 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:11 am

Qwigglez wrote:Wasn't sure where to post this but this article/video is hilarious. Dude pretends to get drafted and parties in NYC.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2507508-guy-pretends-he-was-drafted-in-the-2015-nba-draft-goes-out-and-parties-in-nyc?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Good stuff.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#38 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 12:30 am

And U.S. takes the lead on Germany in the World Cup!
franksredhot
Sophomore
And1: 94

Help 

Post#39 » by franksredhot » Sat Jul 4, 2015 3:59 am

Pretty bored feel like watching a movie

I'd say my top 5 are

The Shawshank Redemption
Good Will Hunting
The Green Mile
Rain Man
Dumb And Dumber