ImageImageImage

OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Re: OT - Media/Gaming - Name some under the radar, unknown bands/artists 

Post#301 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:08 am

bwgood77 wrote:I hadn't realized that tonight was Game of Thrones normally spectacular penultimate episode, but man this one might be one of, if not the best, one, if you're talking start to finish.

One of the best battle scenes I've ever seen, too. Good stuff all around.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#302 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:31 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I hadn't realized that tonight was Game of Thrones normally spectacular penultimate episode, but man this one might be one of, if not the best, one, if you're talking start to finish.

One of the best battle scenes I've ever seen, too. Good stuff all around.

I still have a few minutes left and this is probably the best episode start to finish if you want pure entertainment.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Re: OT - Media/Gaming 

Post#303 » by NTB » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:35 pm

Was anyone watching Person of Interest here? Made its finale.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#304 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:53 pm

NTB wrote:Was anyone watching Person of Interest here? Made its finale.

Yep, watched it last night. Seemed like they left it open if they decided to bring it back.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#305 » by Damkac » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:23 pm

I liked that series very much but forgot about it waiting for the final season. Must watch it. Is the final season good? (no spoilers please)
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#306 » by NTB » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Damkac wrote:

I liked that series very much but forgot about it waiting for the final season. Must watch it. Is the final season good? (no spoilers please)

It is always good for me when it comes to POI but it seems obvious that they made the season in a rush. Previous seasons were better but u won't get bored I suppose. It is POI after all. Season finale had some great music again.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#307 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:05 am

sunsbum wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbum wrote:If you like that 80s new wave sound i reccomend Nightdrive. Start out with "young rivals", if you like that youll like the rest of their stuff "sea of life" "easy to lie". Its mellow but with a nice beat.

I grew up on 80s New Wave and this certainly sounds exactly like it. Young Rivals sounds like a mesh of a bunch of stuff I used to listen to. After Dark a good one too...good beat.

I could destroy your life with good music in that case. I figured we had the same tastes.........lover :o :lol:

Well you haven't destroyed my life yet...have at it.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: 2016 NBA Summer League 

Post#308 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:41 am

DirtyDez wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Does anyone know if you can bet on NBA summer league games in Vegas?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Dude you can you can bet on anything. You can bet on alien life coming to earth or whether the next James Bond will be black (current odds on Idris Elba are 16/1 btw).

If you're into following such things, did Tom Hiddleston ever get into the odds list? Watching that great spy thriller The Night Manager I kept thinking he'd make the perfect Bond. I really like Elba, but not sure I buy him a Bond. I also like Damian Lewis, but as Bond. No way.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#309 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:34 am

So after asking for songs, I added a bunch and was doing my first listen through, and I don't even know if this was a recommendation here, but for whatever reason I added it...most of the songs I added I like, but there is something about this one I really like...just chill...great song..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NVOawOXxSA[/youtube]
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#310 » by DirtyDez » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:05 am

bwgood77 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Does anyone know if you can bet on NBA summer league games in Vegas?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Dude you can you can bet on anything. You can bet on alien life coming to earth or whether the next James Bond will be black (current odds on Idris Elba are 16/1 btw).

If you're into following such things, did Tom Hiddleston ever get into the odds list? Watching that great spy thriller The Night Manager I kept thinking he'd make the perfect Bond. I really like Elba, but not sure I buy him a Bond. I also like Damian Lewis, but as Bond. No way.

The most un-Bond thing possible would be dating Taylor Swift. He should be removed from the list immediately.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#311 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:17 am

DirtyDez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

The most un-Bond thing possible would be dating Taylor Swift. He should be removed from the list immediately.

Are you saying Hiddleston is doing that? That would be surprising, but anyway, regardless, he is the best James Bond character possibility out there. If there is anyone who likes good spy thrillers, watch the short six episode run of The Night Manager...you might like it more if you watched House, because Hugh Laurie is the villain.
Son of Ra
Rookie
And1: 1,012

Post#312 » by Son of Ra » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:11 am

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but 'Fargo' is easily one of the best shows ever. Actors, script, editing, filming, music. Everything is just perfect. My go to recommendation if anyone asks me for something to watch.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#313 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:15 pm

Son of Ra wrote:Don't know if it has been mentioned yet but 'Fargo' is easily one of the best shows ever. Actors, script, editing, filming, music. Everything is just perfect. My go to recommendation if anyone asks me for something to watch.

Yes, the acting is superb first of all. Season one I thought had a few unnecessary story lines, but overall still great. Season two was practially flawless and probably the best single season serial story.

The movie is one of my all time favorites too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - Media/Gaming - What do you think are the best rap songs of all time? 

Post#314 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 6, 2016 1:24 pm

Now I changed this up, and rap isn't my favorite, but curious, since someone mentioned how rap became terrible. I liked some of the more mainstream rap over the years (OutKast, Dre, Eminem, 50 Cent, Tupac, Notorious BIG, and a bunch of more one hit wonder types from the 80s and early 90s).

I will rotate this to other genres like alternative or one hit wonders.

I'll start with this one...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpGbzYlnz7c[/youtube]

I also love this back in the day...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cHOc5t6yaE[/youtube]
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#315 » by m1chal » Wed Jul 6, 2016 2:17 pm

I'm not into rap but there are few gems. This, and everything else is not even close (yeah, I'm old :D ):

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZaz7OqyTHQ[/youtube]
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#316 » by saintEscaton » Wed Jul 6, 2016 10:04 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwqJym5rjqA[/youtube]
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#317 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jul 7, 2016 1:42 am

Spoiler:
saintEscaton wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwqJym5rjqA[/youtube]

I have no idea why, but that made me think about this...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A15_toteGag[/youtube]
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - Media/Gaming - What are some good under the radar songs, movies, tv shows? 

Post#318 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:39 am

If you like 80s movies and thriller type shos, this show seems to be a combination of a bunch of different types of movies from the 80s and even has 80s music. It came out yesterday on netflix and the first episode is really intriguing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxyRG_tckY
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Re: OT - Media/Gaming - What are some good under the radar songs, movies, tv shows? 

Post#319 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:12 am

bwgood77 wrote:If you like 80s movies and thriller type shos, this show seems to be a combination of a bunch of different types of movies from the 80s and even has 80s music. It came out yesterday on netflix and the first episode is really intriguing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWxyRG_tckY[/youtube]

I'm halfway through. So far so good.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#320 » by Zelaznyrules » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:40 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:If you like 80s movies and thriller type shos, this show seems to be a combination of a bunch of different types of movies from the 80s and even has 80s music. It came out yesterday on netflix and the first episode is really intriguing.

I'm halfway through. So far so good.

Yeah, my wife and I are halfway through the season too and we both really like it. It's a blend of so many 80's and 90's movies and TV shows not to mention the much more recent Super 8. One minute you're reminded of ET, the next you're thinking Poltergeist or maybe even X-Files. I love the music (there's some from the 60's and 70's too in addition to all the 80's stuff) but it's using a lot of covers and I almost always prefer the originals. Still, good music is good music.

I like the fact that they are going to wrap up the major mystery this season, the Duffers have promised it won't follow the pattern of The Killing. If they have a 2nd season (which looks likely) they said it will feel more like a sequel than a 2nd season.

Return to Phoenix Suns