ImageImageImage

New posters, introduce yourself here. If you are a lurker, lets hear your trade deadline thoughts

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

DrSublime
Ballboy
And1: 34

Re: Lurkers, join and introduce yourself here and give your thoughts of what Suns should do 

Post#121 » by DrSublime » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:58 am

I've had an account here forever, just usually post on phx-suns (formerly phxsuns) .net under the same name, so alot of you probably already know me.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Re: Lurkers, join and introduce yourself here and give your thoughts of what Suns should do 

Post#122 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:09 am

DrSublime wrote:I've had an account here forever, just usually post on phx-suns (formerly phxsuns) .net under the same name, so alot of you probably already know me.

I think only a handful here post there (unless more post under different names), but they do have quite a few quality posters. A bunch migrated here before when that site was down before the switch. Liked their insight.
DrSublime
Ballboy
And1: 34

Post#123 » by DrSublime » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:12 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
DrSublime wrote:I've had an account here forever, just usually post on phx-suns (formerly phxsuns) .net under the same name, so alot of you probably already know me.

I think only a handful here post there (unless more post under different names), but they do have quite a few quality posters. A bunch migrated here before when that site was down before the switch. Liked their insight.

yea, when the issues Sose has w/ the initial site led to it being taken down that group scattered a bit, the new version is good, but not quite what it was like before, not nearly as many posters over there anymore but the main guys made the transition for the most part, but I've been around since ... iirc 2003 over there. But everyone keeps posting, Im hearing over on RealGm etc etc so figure I'd be more active on this site and see whats its all about :)
I8afish
Ballboy
And1: 1

Re: Lurkers, join and introduce yourself here and let us know what you think of trade deadline 

Post#124 » by I8afish » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Hello, longtime lurker. It's been a terrible season, but the rampant over reaction on this board has kept it entertaining.

That said, negative as this place is, it's infinitely more positive than anything said on diamondbacksbullpen.org/
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#125 » by Bogyo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:26 pm

DrSublime wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

yea, when the issues Sose has w/ the initial site led to it being taken down that group scattered a bit, the new version is good, but not quite what it was like before, not nearly as many posters over there anymore but the main guys made the transition for the most part, but I've been around since ... iirc 2003 over there. But everyone keeps posting, Im hearing over on RealGm etc etc so figure I'd be more active on this site and see whats its all about :)

Remember u from over there! :) Didnt post much there as I'm from europe and the time difference was usually too big for actual conversation. A bit better here in this regard. Although .net used to have mostly quality posts/posters, so I enjoyed their conversations as well.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Lurkers, join and introduce yourself here and let us know what you think of trade deadline 

Post#126 » by bwgood77 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:03 am

I8afish wrote:Hello, longtime lurker. It's been a terrible season, but the rampant over reaction on this board has kept it entertaining.

That said, negative as this place is, it's infinitely more positive than anything said on diamondbacksbullpen.org/

Welcome. Yes, this is a polarizing board. I imagine it will die down a bit for awhile....unless we start winning too much and then people will get pissed, others will say "isn't it good we are winning and Earl gets something out of these guys?" and massive debates will start.
OGBAH
Senior
And1: 312

Re: Lurkers, join and introduce yourself here, let us know your draft and offseason thoughts 

Post#127 » by OGBAH » Sun May 29, 2016 1:14 am

Fan since 93' hated all the Jordan bandwagon fans here in Oklahoma. Suns happened to be playing the stupid Bulls so there I go fav team.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#128 » by saintEscaton » Sun May 29, 2016 1:18 am

bwgood77 wrote:
I8afish wrote:Hello, longtime lurker. It's been a terrible season, but the rampant over reaction on this board has kept it entertaining.

Welcome. Yes, this is a polarizing board. I imagine it will die down a bit for awhile....unless we start winning too much and then people will get pissed, others will say "isn't it good we are winning and Earl gets something out of these guys?" and massive debates will start.

Dbacks are even more of a joke than the Suns, they mortgaged the farm when they were eons away from being contenders. Dave Stewart is a pigheaded dinosaur who won't adjust to the modern era, every Sabermetrics nerd predicted this.He is channelling the ghost of Kevin Towers except he loves making splashes rather than acquiring gritty guys. La Russa isn't all he's cracked up to be outside of the dugout
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Re: Lurkers, join and introduce yourself here, let us know your draft and offseason thoughts 

Post#129 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 29, 2016 1:51 am

OGBAH wrote:Fan since 93' hated all the Jordan bandwagon fans here in Oklahoma. Suns happened to be playing the stupid Bulls so there I go fav team.

:lol:

Well at least your not a Thunder fan. :thumbsup:

Your not an OKC fan, right? :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
OGBAH
Senior
And1: 312

Post#130 » by OGBAH » Sun May 29, 2016 1:55 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
OGBAH wrote:Fan since 93' hated all the Jordan bandwagon fans here in Oklahoma. Suns happened to be playing the stupid Bulls so there I go fav team.

**** the thunder
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#131 » by saintEscaton » Sun May 29, 2016 2:00 am

This one is for the Sonics. Never forget
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#132 » by Cactus Jack » Sun May 29, 2016 2:11 am

OGBAH wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

**** the thunder

:D :clap: :kiss
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#133 » by bwgood77 » Sun May 29, 2016 2:15 am

OGBAH wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

**** the thunder

Why don't you like the Thunder? I can understand not changing loyalties of primary fandom (remained primary Chargers fan even after Cardinals relocated) but I would have definitely adopted them as secondary team. And they've pretty much been an exciting team to watch since day 1.
MrTwister
Sixth Man
And1: 1,081

Post#134 » by MrTwister » Mon May 30, 2016 6:48 am

My Suns experience started with Nash era.Its widely known that Spurs are really popular here in Europe, but at that time, i prefered and liked Suns more.Watching Nash was like watching poetry in motion, or watching a genius solving some complicated things, every move had sense and purpose.I still liked Spurs though it doesn't fit in Suns MO, but that Suns team was a pleasure to watch, i was glad to get up sometimes at 4 AM and watch Suns games and run straight to high school once it finishes :D

I cant say i am Suns fan now, rather a guy who wants them to do well in the future but has no special emotional attachment to the team.I have bunch of hot takes about your current team and management but I'm gonna keep them for myself.

Regarding draft, i think it would be wise for you to trade the #4 if you dont like anyone in particular that is available there for some decent vet who can help the team from get-go.Not sure superstar trade is out of the picture but i think its unlikely at this point.I think you need next season to be just as bad as this one and use assets you collect from this summer and next season, and go big on 2017 FA class, something like Boston did when they acquired big 3.Draft picks are valuable because they wont be a subject of cap raise, rookie scale contracts will remain the same and stay bargain deals for all teams.Suns proved last summer that they can lure big FA and with right group of guys you can start becoming playoff candidate first and move to contending later as your core grows together.All this, of course, if you avoid injury bug.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#135 » by Cactus Jack » Mon May 30, 2016 7:17 am

MrTwister wrote:My Suns experience started with Nash era.Its widely known that Spurs are really popular here in Europe, but at that time, i prefered and liked Suns more.Watching Nash was like watching poetry in motion, or watching a genius solving some complicated things, every move had sense and purpose.I still liked Spurs though it doesn't fit in Suns MO, but that Suns team was a pleasure to watch, i was glad to get up sometimes at 4 AM and watch Suns games and run straight to high school once it finishes :D

I cant say i am Suns fan now, rather a guy who wants them to do well in the future but has no special emotional attachment to the team.I have bunch of hot takes about your current team and management but I'm gonna keep them for myself.

Regarding draft, i think it would be wise for you to trade the #4 if you dont like anyone in particular that is available there for some decent vet who can help the team from get-go.Not sure superstar trade is out of the picture but i think its unlikely at this point.I think you need next season to be just as bad as this one and use assets you collect from this summer and next season, and go big on 2017 FA class, something like Boston did when they acquired big 3.Draft picks are valuable because they wont be a subject of cap raise, rookie scale contracts will remain the same and stay bargain deals for all teams.Suns proved last summer that they can lure big FA and with right group of guys you can start becoming playoff candidate first and move to contending later as your core grows together.All this, of course, if you avoid injury bug.

Who is your team?
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#137 » by TeamTragic » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:29 pm

Same here OGBAH! I've been a long-time SUNS fan since 93 and I haven't wavered even when we had a dismal season/drafted Amare, horrible draft luck after moving Johnson, Sarver selling picks like candy, Stern screwing the SUNS, Nash getting traded the Lakers and Dragic/IT getting moved after a winning season.

I could go on but at least I can say that the future looks bright after getting Bender/Chriss :D :D :D
Ballboy
And1: 47

Post#138 » by 0013 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Hello, I only post once in a great while so it seemed appropriate to re-introduce myself in the lurker thread. I don't post often but I do check the forums pretty frequently (Brightside as well). I've been a Suns fan since the Barkley trade and have followed the team regularly since then.

Since one of the things us lurkers are being asked to discuss is the draft, I'll share my thoughts here. I'm known as the local Suns expert in my circle of friends / co-workers. One of my buddies asked me who we should go for before the draft happened. Now I like to rate prospects based on ceiling instead of current skill level. Based on that criteria, I told him my top three targets in order were:

#1 Simmons
#2 Bender
#3 Chriss

So you can imagine how thrilled I was when we ended up with both Bender and Chriss. Both of these guys have the foundation in place to become all-stars at some point in their careers. Bender in particular, has the potential to be a transcendent, transformational, once in a generation type player IMHO. That combination of skills and quickness in a body that long is practically unheard of. It'll be several years before he gets anywhere close to his ceiling though.

Chriss, if he can figure the pro game out, seems like Amare 2.0 to me. Similar strengths and weaknesses to Stat. All-star ceiling, but probably never a HoF caliber player. Think 20/7 with a highlight dunk or two per game but mediocre defense. That's a great player to have as your #2 or #3 on a contender.

I don't expect much from these kids the first year beyond restoring our sense of hope for this team in the future (mine certainly came back with a vengeance during the draft). If I were Watson, I'd play Chriss and Bender together exclusively. Their skill sets mesh together in interesting ways, particularly with Bender acting as the point forward facilitator & Chriss as finisher. They likely will be on this team for the next 8+ years. If they can get some Nash / Amare like synergy going on the PnR / PnP during that time, the league better watch out.

Sorry, I didn't intend to write a book so I'll stop there :lol: . I'll go back to lurking shortly, but I'd like to share my appreciation for the posters here first. I may not agree with a lot of things posted here, but at the end of the day we're all one big ORNG family. So thank you for sharing your thoughts regularly and reminding all us lurkers that we are not alone in our irrational love for this organization. GO SUNS!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#139 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:06 pm

0013 wrote:I don't expect much from these kids the first year beyond restoring our sense of hope for this team in the future (mine certainly came back with a vengeance during the draft). If I were Watson, I'd play Chriss and Bender together exclusively. Their skill sets mesh together in interesting ways, particularly with Bender acting as the point forward facilitator & Chriss as finisher. They likely will be on this team for the next 8+ years. If they can get some Nash / Amare like synergy going on the PnR / PnP during that time, the league better watch out.

Sorry, I didn't intend to write a book so I'll stop there :lol: . I'll go back to lurking shortly, but I'd like to share my appreciation for the posters here first. I may not agree with a lot of things posted here, but at the end of the day we're all one big ORNG family. So thank you for sharing your thoughts regularly and reminding all us lurkers that we are not alone in our irrational love for this organization. GO SUNS!

Great to hear your thoughts! I think it would be good to bring Chriss and Bender in as well. I think they should mesh very well with the passing skills of Bender and finishing skills of both, and I'd also bring Ulis in with them, as the three of them area almost certain to be on the team for a long time....good to get that chemistry going quickly..starting in Summer league...can't wait. Maybe near the beginning of the season, in blowouts either way, the three come in together. No animosity at all between the bigs as to who plays first or more. I don't think that would be a problem anyway, but it can't hurt confidence if you both go in together.
sleepyvato
Suns Forum Tank Advocate
And1: 516

Post#140 » by sleepyvato » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Hello everyone, I've been a Suns fan since the days of the SSOL Suns and I've been lurking these basketball forums for a couple of years now.

I loved our draft and while I'm not too excited with our FA signings, I'm glad we didn't overspend on OK FA's that would have not put us over top. I'm glad to see Dudley and LB return as their veteran leadership as well as experience will be a big help to our young squad. Bender, Chriss and Ulis are young as well as talented players and I can't wait to see how much they grow under Watson and his coaching staff in the next couple of years. As far as trades go, I honestly hope we end up trading Knight eventually, I'm fine with him starting so he can build up his value but I don't see him as a key part of our future. I also hope we trade Tucker who I like a lot but with a year left on his contract, I hope we trade him to a contender and get something decent in return. I'm fine with keeping Chandler although I wouldn't be upset at all if we ended up trading him. I know as Suns fans we have had to endure a lot of mediocrity the last 6 years but with these young players we have, I am optimistic that one day we can see our team turn into something special but it will take awhile so I hope fans continue to be patient.

Return to Phoenix Suns