lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,635

Re: Suns Moving Up in Draft? 

Post#101 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:54 am

jcsunsfan wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Damkac wrote:Yeah thats what I don't understand: every european prospect is compared to other white european players that was busts but never to european players that turned out good

Kidding me? :banghead:

I've seen Dirk's name thrown around these forums a lot more than I've seen Vesley's.

The only people throwing Dirks name around are the ones saying that Dirk is such an exception and you are out of your mind to compare any present Euro-big to him.

Honestly. This whole, Euro-bigs don't ever turn out is just false. There are so many good ones in the league.

Never said euro-bigs don't ever turn out. I'm saying they are riskier than guys who have played in the college system where they are playing against future NBA players and in systems which are closer to the NBA's. The transition from the college game to the NBA is much less significant.

I'd be happy to draft him but not that high in the draft. There's a reason why most Euro's don't get picked in the top 5 and it's not because they aren't talented but because there are always doubts whether their game will translate well in the NBA.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,469

Post#102 » by Stix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:22 am

AtheJ415 wrote:
Zero Tolerance wrote:
ag3 wrote:Knicks would never do any deal unless Calderon was also involved.

Would you guys take the Morris twins for Calderon?

You have to be joking, right? Why are you under the impression that the Morris twins are contracts that have to be moved, and why do you think we'd want to move them for contracts that are worse and attached to older players?

They are facing prison time and you wonder why people want them gone? What is wrong with you?
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#103 » by aIvin adams » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:08 am

ginobiliflops wrote:
ag3 wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:
Yeah, no thanks. Good luck with the euros.

Knicks dont have to trade.
One of Okafor, Russel, Porzingis or Mudiay will be available at #4.

Without Calderon in any deal, I highly doubt Phil accepts any trade. No point.

It makes no sense for us either. Not really sure how this rumor started.

I'd trade Bledsoe and the 13 for Calderon and the 4 if I thought I could get a player with superstar potential there. A cpl prospects look good to me (I don't follow NCAA and don't follow euroleague etc closely)

I'd also try to move contracts that NY might value higher than we do. Like the Morrises maybe?
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#104 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:55 am

Not going to happen.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#105 » by nevetsov » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:07 am

I would hesitate on Bled + 13 for Calderon + 4, before offering a compromise of Bled + Tucker for Calderon + 4. Tucker's a cheap, useful, rugged, dirt working rotation player who can cover multiple positions and is signed to a deal paying him less than what he'd get on this year's open market. That should be the exact kind of filler NYC chases in a trade; not a mid first that won't contribute for years.
Suns1969
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#106 » by Suns1969 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Paul Coro says Suns are not shopping Bledsoe. I'd consider him straight up for No. 4. Bledsoe and No. 13 is too much. Bledsoe is a well- above-average NBA player with time to improve and you must be very careful about letting those guys go.
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,406

Post#107 » by ag3 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:29 pm

Suns1969 wrote:Paul Coro says Suns are not shopping Bledsoe. I'd consider him straight up for No. 4. Bledsoe and No. 13 is too much. Bledsoe is a well- above-average NBA player with time to improve and you must be very careful about letting those guys go.

The Knicks would never do this deal if Calderon wasn't included.
No chance.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#108 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:23 pm

ag3 wrote:
Suns1969 wrote:Paul Coro says Suns are not shopping Bledsoe. I'd consider him straight up for No. 4. Bledsoe and No. 13 is too much. Bledsoe is a well- above-average NBA player with time to improve and you must be very careful about letting those guys go.

The Knicks would never do this deal if Calderon wasn't included.
No chance.

Broussard says the Suns are not interested and the Knicks are in a #4 for Bledsoe deal. Not sure what your source is?
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#109 » by saintEscaton » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:16 pm

Lot of this is contingent upon what the Lakers do at 2. If they go wit Russell as reports indicate the Celts will try to facilitate a three-way deal with the Sixers and Suns to trade up for Okafor while we give up Bled and our #13 to select Porzingis with the Knick's pick. But this all through the grapevine so who knows if there is any truth to the speculations/ The interest is most likely mutual
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,356

Post#110 » by AtheJ415 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Zero Tolerance wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:
Zero Tolerance wrote:

You have to be joking, right? Why are you under the impression that the Morris twins are contracts that have to be moved, and why do you think we'd want to move them for contracts that are worse and attached to older players?

They are facing prison time and you wonder why people want them gone? What is wrong with you?

Still doesn't answer my 2nd question. Trading decent contracts tied to young, still improving players for worse players who are on awful deals and old as hell is flat out stupid.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,469

Post#111 » by Stix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:49 pm

AtheJ415 wrote:
Zero Tolerance wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:

Still doesn't answer my 2nd question. Trading decent contracts tied to young, still improving players for worse players who are on awful deals and old as hell is flat out stupid.

You could have just said that you don't like Calderon. I happen to think he would be a great vet to have on the team and his deal is not awful in least sense.
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#112 » by JohnVancouver » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Haven't seen Jose play in a while, but i sure watched him a lot with the Raps and he was very, very good. Terrible defender, but excellent shooter, general, great locker room guy. If the price of getting the 4 is taking him back, it's not a hardship. Solid guy and a good teacher to young 'uns
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,404

Post#113 » by Revived » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:55 am

Would have liked to see the Suns move up for Winslow but oh well.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Re: Re: Suns Moving Up in Draft? 

Post#114 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:07 pm

SF88 wrote:Would have liked to see the Suns move up for Winslow but oh well.
sounds like the suns were trying to move up. Lots of teams were but the price tag for a top 10 was insane. Hornets turned down 4 1st rounders for 9.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,404

Re: Re: Suns Moving Up in Draft? 

Post#115 » by Revived » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:53 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
SF88 wrote:Would have liked to see the Suns move up for Winslow but oh well.
sounds like the suns were trying to move up. Lots of teams were but the price tag for a top 10 was insane. Hornets turned down 4 1st rounders for 9.

Yea but Suns were gunning for Kaminsky even if they traded up while others were after Winslow.
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#116 » by NavLDO » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:58 pm

Zero Tolerance wrote:
AtheJ415 wrote:
Zero Tolerance wrote:

Nope. I have it on good authority from other posters here that the Morri will not face any jail time. :-?

But in all honesty, trading the Morri at this juncture would extremely risky for both parties involved. If the Morri receive any type of lengthy jail-time/suspension, the 'gaining' team would lose out on the deal, and if the Morri are completely cleared of any involvement, then we would lose on the deal.

The next court date I saw on the news for the Morri is this Tuesday, 30 Jun. We might learn quite a bit from that, and the timing will be about perfect being prior to FA, so we'll see, I guess. Maybe then we could look at some trade possibilities, and honestly, last summer I was singing Kieff's praises. This summer, I feel he's worn out his welcome and we need to get the Morri to a team with more stable and stronger 'leadership'.

The Morri are young and are on a good deal, but as Kieff did not make any perceptible improvement over the previous season, he is likely what he is--a good '6th Man'. So if we keep him, what we need is a starter, and I can't see how we will come out of FA without an 'upgrade' to Kieff in someway, be it a starter, or a guy that is either a rookie or 2nd/3rd year player with a higher ceiling than Kieff. And guys I like that would be an upgrade to Kieff would be (and not all inclusive)--Love, Aldridge, O'Quinn, Harris or Carroll(and yes, as a 4--a younger Millsap), Enes Kanter, Kyle Singler, Thomas Robinson, Greg Monroe, Jared Sullinger, T. Thompson, Amir Johnson ...; or guys that might turn out to be that 'diamond in the rough'--Greg Smith, Derrick Williams, Luigi (Gigi)Datome, Kevin Seraphim, Henry Sims, Ed Davis, Robbie Hummel, Jae Crowder, and last but not least, Quincy Acy (Trade Bledsoe, Goodwin for Porzingis, Calderon, Smith and Acy).

Return to Phoenix Suns