McD has drafted and acquired 4 Kentucky guards since hired

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,303

McD has drafted and acquired 4 Kentucky guards since hired 

Post#1 » by Revived » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:42 am

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/614238441388150784

Have the Suns ever before had 4 players on their team that all played for the same school? Especially considering these guys all played for Kentucky some point in the past 6 years.

Very interesting to say the least.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,653

Re: McD has drafted and acquired 4 Kentucky guards since hired 

Post#2 » by Qwigglez » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:56 am

well think about it. McD acquired Bledsoe, and he turned out to be a really good player. So he traced Bledsoe's college roots and went from there. Won't surprise me if we get another Kentucky player next year.
Walt_Uoob
Senior
And1: 403

Post#3 » by Walt_Uoob » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Don't forget he was supposedly a big Rondo advocate in Boston too.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#4 » by bigfoot » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:43 pm

Dribble-drive-motion offense is here to stay

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dribble_drive_motion
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#5 » by LukasBMW » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:16 am

Interesting to note:

McDonough said in the post draft interview that he is close with Calipari. He has shown no hesitation to acquire players Calipari has coached.

Except...when Cousins has been available, we apparently have not been interested.

Hmmm.

Has Calipari told us that Cousins is a cancer?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,303

Post#6 » by Revived » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:52 am

LukasBMW wrote:Interesting to note:

McDonough said in the post draft interview that he is close with Calipari. He has shown no hesitation to acquire players Calipari has coached.

Except...when Cousins has been available, we apparently have not been interested.

Hmmm.

Has Calipari told us that Cousins is a cancer?

Suns don't have what it takes to acquire him so why waste time? They probably learned from the time they wasted when they thought LeBron was actually a possibility for them.
Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#7 » by Gorilla Warfare » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:07 am

I'd trade Kief and Marcus to the Kings for Willie Cauley-Stein for two reasons:

1. We need a good defensive big.
2. I want to see Kief and Cousins play together so I can play drinking games on who will get T'd up first in each game.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,456

Post#8 » by Stix » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 am

Gorilla Warfare wrote:I'd trade Kief and Marcus to the Kings for Willie Cauley-Stein for two reasons:

2. I want to see Kief and Cousins play together so I can play drinking games on who will get T'd up first in each game.

Kings would be stupid to do that. The Morio Bros are even bigger cases than Cousins. And Cousins himself would much rather play with WCS than either of the Kansas boys much less both of them.

We're stuck for the time being, but I definitely think they are on their way out some way or another. They are the perfect candidates for the type of players who excel in a change of environment and put in the right situation on a team. I think they would do well in Cleveland, if I'm McD i'm eye ballin that Haywood contract. Get rid of 'em.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,410

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Zero Tolerance wrote:
Gorilla Warfare wrote:I'd trade Kief and Marcus to the Kings for Willie Cauley-Stein for two reasons:

Kings would be stupid to do that. The Morio Bros are even bigger cases than Cousins. And Cousins himself would much rather play with WCS than either of the Kansas boys much less both of them.

We're stuck for the time being, but I definitely think they are on their way out some way or another. They are the perfect candidates for the type of players who excel in a change of environment and put in the right situation on a team. I think they would do well in Cleveland, if I'm McD i'm eye ballin that Haywood contract. Get rid of 'em.

And the reason they reached on WCS was because they wanted to pair a defensive big with Cousins. And they already have 3-4 PFs.

Return to Phoenix Suns