Poster recognition

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

JohnWall2
Junior
And1: 249

Re: Top Posters 

Post#101 » by JohnWall2 » Fri Jan 8, 2016 10:45 am

I don't like these homer awards. Never have, but here's my take:

dantley4prez - Quite possibly the biggest mod nut rider I've ever met. Clearly has an agenda.

GMATCallahan - Great poster. No doubt.

AtheJ415 - An aggressive poster. Seems to get antsy at anything that is said against the players he likes/protects. Len is the prime example. This poster see's Len as the next Hakeem or Kareem and get's offended when others don't see the same way.

saintEscaton - Outstanding poster. Keeps it real. Can see what is really happening and doesn't stand for mediocrity. Probably should have been the sole recipient of this award.

Saberestar - Another very good poster. No arguments.

Cheers.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Post#102 » by King4Day » Fri Jan 8, 2016 5:56 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:I want to get the award for reporting people. I'm going to start reporting everyone for no good reason. Then I'll go to the general board and report everyone there. From being rude, harassment, disagreeing with my 'always correct' debates, etc.
True or not, I aim to win that award and nobody is stopping me. :)

I'm not sure those are worthy reports, but we have had our share of worthy reports over the last month. It's luckily cut down considerably as of late though.

I'm just messing around. It has to be harsh for me to report something.
The only thing silly thing I will report is people who waste a post to criticize someone's grammar.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#103 » by aIvin adams » Fri Jan 8, 2016 6:30 pm

JohnWall2 wrote:I don't like these homer awards. Never have, but here's my take:

dantley4prez - Quite possibly the biggest mod nut rider I've ever met. Clearly has an agenda.

AtheJ415 - An aggressive poster. Seems to get antsy at anything that is said against the players he likes/protects. Len is the prime example. This poster see's Len as the next Hakeem or Kareem and get's offended when others don't see the same way.

saintEscaton - Outstanding poster. Keeps it real. Can see what is really happening and doesn't stand for mediocrity. Probably should have been the sole recipient of this award.

Cheers.

saintEscaton >>>>> Frank Lee would be closer but Frank is running out of McDonough puns

Saberestar >> SF88 SF88 spends too much time floating around on the Gen Board

GMATCallahan > AtheJ415 in terms of pure ability but it's close and consistency/reliability could swing it the other way

ATTL >>>> bwgood bc the only thing worse than a retired mod is an unretired one

Kerrsed > TASTIC the brown bag avi thing is hilarious
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#104 » by 8on » Fri Jan 8, 2016 7:57 pm

JohnWall2 wrote:I don't like these homer awards. Never have, but here's my take:

Cheers.

For lack of a better word, go f yourself.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#105 » by saintEscaton » Fri Jan 8, 2016 8:00 pm

dantley4prez wrote:

Cheers.

For lack of a better word, go f yourself.

Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

8on
RealGM

Post#106 » by 8on » Fri Jan 8, 2016 8:02 pm

An agenda? It's a forum. The point is to have a discussion about our team. If I get some recognition on a forum, what does that mean? I'm honored, but this ain't House of Cards. I'm not angling for anything. I'm just here to have fun.

All the points I make are my own. If they weren't, someone else would've made them. I'm a contrarian because I see things differently. I like this roster.....with Eric Bledsoe. I think people should see that.

If this conversation were being had in public, I'd insist that you walk away this very minute. As it stands, I'll have to settle for a well-above average temper for a few hours. Congratulations - your troll agenda is going quite well.
8on
RealGM

Post#107 » by 8on » Fri Jan 8, 2016 8:06 pm

All right.....I'm sorry. I acted rashly. I'm not a suck up. I was very insulted by that.....but I shouldn't be. I should ignore you. I have to work on that. I shouldn't have done that.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#108 » by saintEscaton » Fri Jan 8, 2016 8:10 pm

Biggie Smalls wants ya'll to chillax

Jonestown Suicide Squad

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,450

Post#109 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 8, 2016 8:49 pm

Alright, we don't need this. JohnWall2, I see you've already been banned from the general board for baiting, then baiting a fan base, then baiting through PMs. I think it's time to stop baiting people. dantley, no need to overreact to a ridiculous post either, but I see you've realized that in subsequent posts.
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#110 » by aIvin adams » Fri Jan 8, 2016 9:08 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Alright, we don't need this. JohnWall2, I see you've already been banned from the general board for baiting, then baiting a fan base, then baiting through PMs. I think it's time to stop baiting people. dantley, no need to overreact to a ridiculous post either, but I see you've realized that in subsequent posts.

ITT sifting the chaff from the wheat results in both chaff and wheat.

sincerely,
the duke of suck
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Post#111 » by saintEscaton » Fri Jan 8, 2016 9:57 pm

BTW guyz don't give me any more AND1's. I'm at 666 right now and I'd like to keep it that way

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9kT37eIkaY[/youtube]
Jonestown Suicide Squad

Gorilla Warfare
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,323

Post#112 » by Gorilla Warfare » Fri Jan 8, 2016 10:41 pm

MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,169

Post#113 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Jan 8, 2016 11:11 pm

Green Font > Black Font, but Purple Font greatest of all fonts.

Who wanna fight me on this?
:starwars
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#114 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 9, 2016 1:56 am

saintEscaton wrote:BTW guyz don't give me any more AND1's. I'm at 666 right now and I'd like to keep it that way

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9kT37eIkaY[/youtube]

Damn I used to love that song. Guess I still do. Long time since I've heard it though. Hallowed be Thy Name saintEscaton.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#115 » by Kerrsed » Tue Feb 2, 2016 3:40 am

Alright.....alright...alright........ Its that time of the month again folks (and no im not talking about Aunt Flo). Its Top Posters Of the Month brought to you by the fine folks of Mods R' Us! Its been a crazy month and we anticipate next month to be even wilder, so lets get the show on the road shall we?

Mr. Puddles- The baby of the bunch. For what he lacks in years spent posting on the board, he more than makes up for thoughtful and quality posts. Gem after gem. Hands down, the unanimous pick of the bunch. #KeepUpTheGoodWork!

cosmofizzo- The Man, The Myth, The Legend! If you see a post longer than the Suns loss total, good chances its from him! Backs up his opinions (no matter how against the grain some may be) with evidence and facts that support his line of thinking. Great posts, great poster, and if you dont agree with that, then you dont like freedom or the USA! #GodBless'Merica!

jcsunsfan- Mr. Calm, Cool, and Collected. Always a level headed post, and in these crazy times, always seems to keep it on chill mode. #KCCO

GetYourPhx- Epic Poet of the Month. His words brought tears to our eyes. #TRUTH

And there you have it folks! This months crop of posters recognized for their talents. We cant wait to see what posts are in store for us coming up. As always, keep it calm, keep it clean, and most importantly, keep them coming!
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,158

Post#116 » by Mr Puddles » Wed Feb 3, 2016 9:38 am

^^^ I feel honored. And to think my mother always said that I would never amount to anything!
Spoiler:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#117 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 3, 2016 7:52 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:^^^ I feel honored. And to think my mother always said that I would never amount to anything!

See, if you work hard enough, you can get to whatever achievement you are after. :nod:

Also, for many who may not follow all the game threads and may have missed GetYourPhx poems...

GetYourPHX wrote:An ode to Suns fans watching this game -

Although our hearts are heavy with fear,
Tip-off with the Spurs soon draws near.
As much as we want to see this team tank,
a win over the Spurs feels good in the bank.

So on Booker and Tucker, keep shooting those three's
and may the basketball gods keep healthy their knee's.
And if Brandon Knight should miss this game,
I hope he takes his time coming back from that abductor strain.

I hate this team, I blame you Robert Sarver
and I hope the next time you go to the barber
he slips a bit, and he nicks your ear
and when you yelp, he says listen here -

"We're a proud folk in Phoenix, and we all really mean this,
could you just sell the team back to Jerry and leave us?"

GetYourPHX wrote:Here's my contribution for the night - A Suns take on the Walt Whitman classic "O Captain, My Captain!"

O Horny! My Honry! our fearful trip is done;
This team has weather'd every rack, the prize, we never won;
The end is near, the bells I hear, the Suns fans all exulting,
With weary eyes and heavy hearts, the future grim and daunting:

But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of Orange,
Where on the deck my Horny lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Horny! My Horny! Goodbye from P - H - X;
Chin up—although no banners won —for you the bugle trills;
For you we count our lotto balls—from you we hoped for thrills;
For your head now, all Suns fans call, our eager faces turning;

Here Horny! dear Horny!
Our arm beneath your head;
It is some dream that on the deck,
You've fallen cold and dead.

My Horny does not answer, his rotations dead and still;
My Horny does not excite the fans, the team has no pulse nor ever will;
Our coach is anchor'd safe and sound, his voyage closed and done;
A hopeful bliss, of championships, comes in with the next one.

Exult, Suns fans and ring the bells!
With somber mournful tread,
Walk the deck our Horny lies,
Fallen cold and dead.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Special Titles 

Post#118 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 4, 2016 3:03 am

bwgood77 wrote:It has recently been discussed between the mods, across all forums, to possibly institute nicknames in forums to replace the freshman, sophomore, rookie, etc designations.

Some ideas thrown around among mods in across all forums (none of these I personally came up with, but I think many are great):

Achievement nicknames:

MVP - Best poster, someone who consistently posts in a good, balanced and insightful manner.
ROM - New poster who stands out, great way to keep new posters around
MIP - Poster who gets recognized for significant self-improvement
DPOM - Poster who absolutely loves and defends his team no matter what
COTM - Poster who goes out of their way to help out others

Special titles:
These posters could be a visible go-to resource if other posters have specific questions. They could be life-time (or as long as the poster wants the title) and we could tag multiple people (why not have 3 analytic guru's if they are all qualified?).

Examples:
Analytic Guru - Posters who know the numbers and helps keep less-inclined posters in the loop
League Historian - Posters with great knowledge of the history of that team
Capologist - Posters who are most familiar with the current CBA rules and regulations
College/draft fanatic - Posters who follow college sports and can bring that perspective to bear
International aficionado - Posters who also follow international leagues

Job/duty titles:

Examples:
Game thread creator - Posters who likes being part of the game threads and is willing to help ensure we always have one.
Media scavenger - Posters who keep their ear to the ground and can share links/analysis of articles and other media.

Examples:
Challenge winner titles - If people win something, it would be a great way to recognize
Predictive trader - Poster who proposed a trade that ended up actually happening

'Just for fun" titles
These could be some silly titles, or ideas that don't fall into other categories, simply for entertainment. It would be VERY important to ensure the posters also find these titles funny, rather than insulting, as taken the wrong way this could achieve the opposite result of driving posters away from the forum.

Examples:
Volume shooter - Posts a ton
Curmudgeon - We all know those posters, some of them have the good humor to embrace it.
Australian Ambassador

Any suggestions or nominations here? I have been assigning some of these and if people prefer not to have the titles I have given, let me know.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Re: Top Posters - Special Titles edition 

Post#119 » by ATTL » Thu Aug 4, 2016 3:14 am

Hmm who here could be considered a curmudgeon?
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant

Re: Top Posters - Special Titles edition 

Post#120 » by saintEscaton » Thu Aug 4, 2016 3:26 am

ATTL wrote:Hmm who here could be considered a curmudgeon?

Surely not me 8-)
Jonestown Suicide Squad

Return to Phoenix Suns