ImageImageImage

Poster recognition

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Re: Suns Top Posters 

Post#21 » by saintEscaton » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:20 am

Frank and JTrain are personally my fave posters.
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#22 » by saintEscaton » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:15 am

BGood is probably the nicest optimist who compensates for our relentless negativity
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,043

Post#23 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 2:29 am

I think almost all of our posters posting recently are really solid...so keep it up everyone!
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#24 » by nevetsov » Wed Jul 1, 2015 5:50 am

Nomination for PassWarden for the awesome Free Agent Tracker thread.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,502

Post#25 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jul 1, 2015 7:09 am

nevetsov wrote:Nomination for PassWarden for the awesome Free Agent Tracker thread.

Noted
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#26 » by Revived » Wed Jul 1, 2015 8:09 am

saintEscaton wrote:BGood is probably the nicest optimist who compensates for our relentless negativity

I think there are too many homers here sometimes but yea he probably does the best job in keeping it real while being optimistic.

JTrain and Sundeuce are probably my two favorite. I like Frank's as well even though sometimes I have a hard time understanding it. DRK and Kerrsed are probably the two most entertaining.
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#27 » by aIvin adams » Wed Jul 1, 2015 1:15 pm

This thread stinks
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Posters of the week 

Post#28 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:11 am

During this busy time, with so many great posters joining and returning, we will do it weekly, and hopefully the forum stays crazy busy, and we have a lot to discuss in summer league, etc, fantasy leagues coming up, that we can continue weekly, because so many quality posts have been made whether they are just presenting solid stats, information, humor, etc...we want this to go noticed. If you think there is a GREAT post, link to it in this thread and we can point out some of the highlights when we make decisions. We already noted some recommendations from people and thanks for those.

Keep up the great posts!
aIvin adams
Analyst
And1: 1,978

Post#29 » by aIvin adams » Fri Jul 3, 2015 2:30 pm

bwgood77 wrote:During this busy time, with so many great posters joining and returning, we will do it weekly, and hopefully the forum stays crazy busy, and we have a lot to discuss in summer league, etc, fantasy leagues coming up, that we can continue weekly, because so many quality posts have been made whether they are just presenting solid stats, information, humor, etc...we want this to go noticed. If you think there is a GREAT post, link to it in this thread and we can point out some of the highlights when we make decisions. We already noted some recommendations from people and thanks for those.

Keep up the great posts!

viewtopic.php?p=44133838#p44133838
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#30 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:10 pm

aIvin adams wrote:viewtopic.php?p=44133838#p44133838

That one will certainly be tough to top.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#31 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:02 am

OK, this past week has probably been our most active since I can remember, so we had a ton of great posts and it was great to see new people join and some who hadn't been around in a while show up. But for this week, the posters chosen are..

Pass Warden with his great Free Agency Tracker thread, and the updates he provided to the first post. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1396238#start_here

WeekapaugGroove with a bunch of solid posts and a good new thread. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1397461#start_here

pvj22 as a great new poster who had a great post with great info and some other solid posts as well. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1396260&start=34#start_here

saintEscaton for active contribution with solid posts.

and Wormwood74 for some solid posts with great analysis and nominated by Los Soles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1396495&start=84#start_here

Also, I want to recognize the epic discussion between JTrain and AtheJ415 resulting in a Global Warming vs Number of Pirates chart.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1397517&start=218

This was a good discussion/argument that didn't result in people getting personal which is good.

Personally, I also liked

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1396633&start=774

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1396633&start=800#start_here

and this is always good to see....

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1396633&start=1464#start_here
tdjm
Sophomore
And1: 191

Post#32 » by tdjm » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:07 am

I just want to give a shoutout to letsgosuns, because he posts a lot and his opinions are (almost) always very strongly held. It seems like I find myself in 100% lockstep agreement with half of his posts, and 100% extreme disagreement with the other half - but that's what makes sports fandom fun. I find myself holding a lot of lukewarm/non-committal opinions, so it's fun to read the ideas of someone who is in some sense a very polar opposite of me.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#33 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:20 am

tdjm wrote:I just want to give a shoutout to letsgosuns, because he posts a lot and his opinions are (almost) always very strongly held. It seems like I find myself in 100% lockstep agreement with half of his posts, and 100% extreme disagreement with the other half - but that's what makes sports fandom fun. I find myself holding a lot of lukewarm/non-committal opinions, so it's fun to read the ideas of someone who is in some sense a very polar opposite of me.

I agree. He has made some very good posts that I do agree with even though I don't agree with many of his. But I enjoy the differing opinions and the discussions. I just hope everyone can get to the point where they don't insult or make fun of other people's opinions or insult or make fun of the poster directly. That is unnecessary. Even if someone seems uneducated, all of us are uneducated in many things and probably sound like idiots if we ever discuss those topics with people (if we even dare to...if I don't know what I'm talking about, I usually don't speak up...As Abe Lincoln once said "Better to be silent and thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt").
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,502

Post#34 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:29 am

tdjm wrote:I just want to give a shoutout to letsgosuns, because he posts a lot and his opinions are (almost) always very strongly held. It seems like I find myself in 100% lockstep agreement with half of his posts, and 100% extreme disagreement with the other half - but that's what makes sports fandom fun. I find myself holding a lot of lukewarm/non-committal opinions, so it's fun to read the ideas of someone who is in some sense a very polar opposite of me.

I enjoy reading letsgosuns posts as well. Sometimes he's on point, other times not so much but regardless, it's still entertaining read most of the time.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
pvj22
Ballboy
And1: 21

Post#35 » by pvj22 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 4:52 pm

bwgood77 wrote:OK, this past week has probably been our most active since I can remember, so we had a ton of great posts and it was great to see new people join and some who hadn't been around in a while show up. But for this week, the posters chosen are..

Pass Warden with his great Free Agency Tracker thread, and the updates he provided to the first post. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1396238#start_here

WeekapaugGroove with a bunch of solid posts and a good new thread. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1397461#start_here

pvj22 as a great new poster who had a great post with great info and some other solid posts as well. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1396260&start=34#start_here

and Wormwood74 for some solid posts with great analysis and nominated by Los Soles.

Also, I want to recognize the epic discussion between JTrain and AtheJ415 resulting in a Global Warming vs Number of Pirates chart.

This was a good discussion/argument that didn't result in people getting personal which is good.

Personally, I also liked

"this award is dedicated to all the teachers that told me I'd never amount to nothing, to all the people who lived above the buildings that I was hustling in front of...

It was all a thought
I used to post on espn message board alot
alteat 10 times a week they'd hear me speak
Ctreagar, Crazy Dale and Brazilian Suns Freak"

ok, that's enough, lol. Better stop before you revoke my award. Thanks for the love!!!
pvj22
Ballboy

Post#36 » by pvj22 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 4:53 pm

pvj22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:OK, this past week has probably been our most active since I can remember, so we had a ton of great posts and it was great to see new people join and some who hadn't been around in a while show up. But for this week, the posters chosen are..

Personally, I also liked

"this award is dedicated to all the teachers that told me I'd never amount to nothing, to all the people who lived above the buildings that I was hustling in front of...

It was all a thought
I used to post on espn message board a lot
Ctreagar, Crazy Dale and Brazilian Suns Freak
Rememeber drafting STAT and getting Jason Kidd
Jerry was proactive with the things he did

ok, that's enough, lol. Better stop before you revoke my award. Thanks for the love!!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#37 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 7, 2015 4:58 pm

pvj22 wrote:"this award is dedicated to all the teachers that told me I'd never amount to nothing, to all the people who lived above the buildings that I was hustling in front of...

It was all a thought

Nice. I don't remember those names from the espn board. Though I think most people on the espn board that are here changed their usernames like rsavaj, sunsbum and I think RunDogGun. phrazbit and I might be the only ones that have the same name, but he came on later on the espn board after most everyone left.
pvj22
Ballboy

Post#38 » by pvj22 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:38 am

bwgood77 wrote:
pvj22 wrote:"this award is dedicated to all the teachers that told me I'd never amount to nothing, to all the people who lived above the buildings that I was hustling in front of...

It was all a thought

Nice. I don't remember those names from the espn board. Though I think most people on the espn board that are here changed their usernames like rsavaj, sunsbum and I think RunDogGun. phrazbit and I might be the only ones that have the same name, but he came on later on the espn board after most everyone left.

yeah, it was quite awhile ago, I started the day we traded for backcourt
2000...crazy right? I was a regular for about 10 solid years, however, I worked with an organization that coached club basketball....funny thing is, most of the other coaches laughed at me when I set up my espn account, but I loved talking suns and basketball and carried on. After awhile, multiple people were logging in, after laughing at me, but with my credentials....to the point when I would sign in, I'd find myself knee deep in arguments I knew nothing about, lol. Fun times nevertheless.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#39 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Jul 8, 2015 4:48 am

Good stuff. Thanks bwgood77!

Ahh the ESPN boards. Does anyone still post there? I used to with the username Dank_king back in the early 2000's before the boards were over run with trolls.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#40 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 8, 2015 5:33 am

Also, for whatever reason I forgot to mention, JTrain was a HUGE part of the twitter campaign, which was great.

Return to Phoenix Suns