ImageImageImage

Fantasy Basketball Discussion thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Superhuman
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,008

Re: Fantasy Leagues - Draft Orders Set 

Post#441 » by Superhuman » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:38 pm

plonden wrote:Wow, I'm pretty surprised. I think you guys are drastically underrating two things about AD's game. First, look at his impact in steals and blocks. You can find guys that put up around 20 and 10. A guy like Zach Randolph comes to mind. But it's rare to have someone who also has such positive contributions in steals and blocks. Second, look at his percentages. He is a net positive in both field goal percentage and free throw percentage. His free throw percentage is especially impressive from a PF/C. And, most importantly, he shoots lots of attempts, which means he anchors your team's percentages as well. He basically helps everywhere except from three. And he's only 22 years old. He should improve upon these numbers for the next three or four seasons!

He actually has been working on his 3 point shot, but I'm really not that impressed. It's not like he has GOAT potential oozing out of his fingertips. Like I said, I wouldn't even waste a 10th pick on him, I'd consider him at 11th. Plus he has a unibrow.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWY3csuqc8E&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,453

Post#442 » by Stix » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:44 pm

b-ball forever wrote:
Superhuman wrote:
plonden wrote:Is this a joke? Anthony Davis is the consensus number one pick in almost any format and is at worst a top 3 selection in any format: 24.4 points, 10.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, 1.5 steals, and 2.9 blocks on .535 FG% and .805 FT%. Those are monstrous numbers!

Meh, he's okay. If I had the 1st-10th pick I'd look elsewhere but that's just my opinion.

You're stretching a bit, but I like where you're coming from.

Davis not really worth those 1-7 picks. After that, he's good to go IMO...

Green font? Do you have the 8th pick or something? :lol:
BringinDaRuckus
Starter
And1: 56

Post#443 » by BringinDaRuckus » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:01 pm

Well I'm excited to have pick #3 this year in the D-league! It will interesting who actually goes with picks 1 and 2.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,637

Post#444 » by Qwigglez » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:31 pm

^Not that interesting. I'm going AD for sure. :D
b-ball forever
General Manager
And1: 498

Post#445 » by b-ball forever » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Zero Tolerance wrote:
b-ball forever wrote:
Superhuman wrote:Meh, he's okay. If I had the 1st-10th pick I'd look elsewhere but that's just my opinion.

You're stretching a bit, but I like where you're coming from.

Like Superhuman mentioned, he simply isn't that impressive. I mean he puts up great blocks, rebounds, pts, percentages, and stls but where are those treys you absolutely need from the bigman spots? Plus there was that video leak of him naked getting kinky with his BFFs...

Bottom line, he's worth considering after the 8th pick IMO, but anywhere before that yer pretty much shooting in the dark.

Also, I wonder why you're asking me about my draft position? I mean, it's not like checking out where I draft in the D-League or where Superhuman drafts in the premier league will make a difference.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#446 » by Stix » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:00 am

b-ball forever wrote:
Zero Tolerance wrote:
b-ball forever wrote:You're stretching a bit, but I like where you're coming from.

Like Superhuman mentioned, he simply isn't that impressive. I mean he puts up great blocks, rebounds, pts, percentages, and stls but where are those treys you absolutely need from the bigman spots? Plus there was that video leak of him naked getting kinky with his BFFs...

Bottom line, he's worth considering after the 8th pick IMO, but anywhere before that yer pretty much shooting in the dark.

Also, I wonder why you're asking me about my draft position? I mean, it's not like checking out where I draft in the D-League or where Superhuman drafts in the premier league will make a difference.

Wow, Superhuman is in the Premier league? With talks of AD not being worth a top 10 pick, I would've thought he was more primed for the China league.

Davis is a consensus top 3 pick in virtually any format. And no you don't need to get 3s from a big man spot, although it is a nice luxury. You can get threes from any spot. Besides there aren't that many bigs that take threes anyway so calling it a necessity is straight up drivel.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#447 » by MathiasPW » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:07 am

YAY! I went from 11th pick to 10th pick!

Such wow, much awesome, so win

MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#448 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:19 am

Zero Tolerance wrote:
b-ball forever wrote:
Zero Tolerance wrote:

Wow, Superhuman is in the Premier league? With talks of AD not being worth a top 10 pick, I would've thought he was more primed for the China league.

Davis is a consensus top 3 pick in virtually any format. And no you don't need to get 3s from a big man spot, although it is a nice luxury. You can get threes from any spot. Besides there aren't that many bigs that take threes anyway so calling it a necessity is straight up drivel.

Are you seriously giving the counterargument to such a ridiculous claim? I've never played fantasy basketball before, and even I know AD is a top pick. These guys are just playing mind games.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Fantasy Leagues - Draft Orders Set 

Post#449 » by DRK » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:37 am

AD's injury history is a killer for me. I wouldnt touch him until outside the First Round

I feel under Alvin Gentry's inefficient offence, AD's fantasy value will suffer. Plus his %'s will probably take a massive hit as Alvin will just relegate him to a Channing Frye role on offence.

With AD camped out on the three point line it will also decrease the amount of rebouding opportunities.

His assists will also suffer because he wont be passing out of double teams in the post either.

Im expecting maybe something like:

14PPG , 6RPG, 1APG, 1SPG, 2BPG on 45% from the field

I pity the fool who falls for the AD hype train.

MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
MrMiyagi

Post#450 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:51 am

DRK wrote:AD's injury history is a killer for me. I wouldnt touch him until outside the First Round

I feel under Alvin Gentry's inefficient offence, AD's fantasy value will suffer. Plus his %'s will probably take a massive hit as Alvin will just relegate him to a Channing Frye role on offence.

With AD camped out on the three point line it will also decrease the amount of rebouding opportunities.

His assists will also suffer because he wont be passing out of double teams in the post either.

I've actually heard that San Antonio is planning on trading for him and stashing him on their bench behind LMA, Timmy, and David West. He won't get any minutes until 2020.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,637

Post#451 » by Qwigglez » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:20 am

Alright you guys got me hesitating now. All that is true, especially with Gentry there now. I'll most likely go Lebron James or James Harden or maybe even Russell Westbrook. Stephen Curry is also crossing my mind now too. Perhaps even Damion Lillard now that he has the Blazers all to himself. Paul George would be interesting.
Dang the number one pick is difficult to deal with...
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,365

Post#452 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:28 am

DRK wrote:AD's injury history is a killer for me. I wouldnt touch him until outside the First Round

Yeah, good job and good effort but AD is not going to drop to you.
Stix
Lead Assistant

Post#453 » by Stix » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:32 am

Qwigglez wrote:Alright you guys got me hesitating now. All that is true, especially with Gentry there now. I'll most likely go Lebron James or James Harden or maybe even Russell Westbrook. Stephen Curry is also crossing my mind now too. Perhaps even Damion Lillard now that he has the Blazers all to himself. Paul George would be interesting.

Pretty sure they are just trolling in hopes of convincing everyone that AD isn't worth it. But, if you still have your doubts I have no problem picking him at #5.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#454 » by wheezy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:38 am

AD isn't worth a first round pick solely based on that unibrow....

To me Wiggins is all about potential and what people want him to be - 2nd coming of McGrady (or someone comparable). I think it's possible he could make a huge leap, but that's asking a lot when more reliable players are still on the board.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,341

Post#455 » by sunskerr » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:43 am

I would not draft Westbrook in the first round. He has injury history the last two years and with the return of KD and having a couple of possessions to feed Kanter, his fantasy value will likely drop. He is also a low FG% guy and high FG% players are hard to come by, so you're practically punting FG% when you draft him.

Here are some specifics: 42.6% FG and 0.2 Blocks. If you draft him and find yourself in a position with low blocks, then you might be trapped into drafting a low FT% guy just to have blocks. He is also a TO machine.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#456 » by DRK » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:03 am

sunskerr wrote:I would not draft Westbrook in the first round. He has injury history the last two years and with the return of KD and having a couple of possessions to feed Kanter, his fantasy value will likely drop. He is also a low FG% guy and high FG% players are hard to come by, so you're practically punting FG% when you draft him.

Here are some specifics: 42.6% FG and 0.2 Blocks. If you draft him and find yourself in a position with low blocks, then you might be trapped into drafting a low FT% guy just to have blocks. He is also a TO machine.

If your point guards dont block, your team obviously isnt built to win. Plus Westbrook doesnt shoot many threes. 3rd round at best. Slightly better Tyreke Evans. Nothing special

MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
plonden
Junior
And1: 124

Post#457 » by plonden » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:08 am

Qwigglez wrote:Alright you guys got me hesitating now. All that is true, especially with Gentry there now. I'll most likely go Lebron James or James Harden or maybe even Russell Westbrook. Stephen Curry is also crossing my mind now too. Perhaps even Damion Lillard now that he has the Blazers all to himself. Paul George would be interesting.

AD is the right move. There's a good argument for Steph as well, but I'd rather bank on AD's continued improvement. Don't overthink it.
MrMiyagi

Post#458 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:46 am

Qwigglez wrote:^Not that interesting. I'm going Kristaps Porzingis for sure. :D

Fixed
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#459 » by thamadkant » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:42 am

Darn, 5th...

Oh well.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#460 » by thamadkant » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:43 am

Whats the new link for Yahoo D-league page? And password if any.

Thank you

Return to Phoenix Suns