No, just starting this season a bit slow, and shows some flashes of good play
16%

Total votes: 44

JacobHoward
Sophomore
And1: 38

Re: Kieff 

Post#361 » by JacobHoward » Thu Sep 3, 2015 1:05 am

I don't know if some of you missed the picture I posted, but Aaron Hines tagged Markieff in that photo. I can't imagine he would tag Markieff if he wasn't sure which twin it was.
Moochthemonkey
Sixth Man
And1: 1,579

Post#362 » by Moochthemonkey » Thu Sep 3, 2015 1:17 am

JacobHoward wrote:I don't know if some of you missed the picture I posted, but Aaron Hines tagged Markieff in that photo. I can't imagine he would tag Markieff if he wasn't sure which twin it was.

I think Aaron Hines has been TRICKED.
More surprisingly is the untagged appearance of Lebron behind Patrick Beverly. He thought he could get away by not wearing the headband and threatening Jamie Foxx next to him (hence why he's shivering) but the hairline is a dead giveaway.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Kieff 

Post#363 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Sep 3, 2015 1:22 am

That's Marcus Morris. I am 100% sure of it. Markieff probably was there though. But who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Wonderllama
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,401

Post#364 » by Wonderllama » Fri Sep 4, 2015 1:09 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Keefmorris/status/639603859535622144[/tweet]
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#365 » by bigfoot » Fri Sep 4, 2015 2:08 am

Wonderllama wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/Keefmorris/status/639603859535622144[/tweet]

Well except for those two years you'll be serving in jail
Wildlinger
Sophomore
And1: 221

Post#366 » by Wildlinger » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:20 am

I just don't understand the guy. Doesn't he have anybody who could tell him to shut the **** up? His trade value is almost non-existent at the moment.

Shut the **** up man!

There's no arguing the fact that Keef's obviously acting like a monumental douchebag, but it would also be hard to argue that FO is completely blameless in this whole mess.

I wonder if a call to the twins before the Mook trade would've changed anything. Maybe a personal meeting would, but all this whining from Keef just shows you can't treat people purely as assets and expect them to be fine with it. In fact this whole season is a clear example of it.

I knew as soon as we found out the circumstances of the Mook trade that Keef's going to have a huge problem with it. If McDonough expected Keef to be completely fine with it, than he really is horrible at managing people, or he just doesn't know his players as well as he should have.

McD obviously didn't know Dragic and Thomas as well as he should have.

I think Keef's being a whining bitch just to get what he wants. He knows he has absolutely no leverage and he's trying to create some by acting this way.

I still say, don't let him have his way. This sets a really bad precedent for us. Keep him at least until his court case is done. That just by itself might raise his value a little bit. Certainly more that what it is at the moment.

I honestly don't see us making the playoffs if we at least don't get an adequate return for Keef. Like it or not, he would leave to big of a hole for Mirza to fill.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#367 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:37 am

Wildlinger wrote:I just don't understand the guy. Doesn't he have anybody who could tell him to shut the **** up? His trade value is almost non-existent at the moment.

Shut the **** up man!

This guy seems intent on burning bridges. It will come back to bite him down the road eventually.

There's no arguing the fact that Keef's obviously acting like a monumental douchebag, but it would also be hard to argue that FO is completely blameless in this whole mess.

I wonder if a call to the twins before the Mook trade would've changed anything. Maybe a personal meeting would, but all this whining from Keef just shows you can't treat people purely as assets and expect them to be fine with it. In fact this whole season is a clear example of it.

I knew as soon as we found out the circumstances of the Mook trade that Keef's going to have a problem with it. If McDonough expected Keef to be completely fine with it, than he really is horrible at managing people, or he just doesn't know his players as well as he should have.

Might have softened the blow to give them a call before hand but they seem stuck on the idea that they signed for less (allegedly) and this should take away our right to trade one without the other.

We expected an NBA player to be professional and if the front office is to take any blame, it would be that they relied on Kieff to stay a professional #FOE. Personally, I expected Kieff to be a professional and focus on the game, as he did prior to Mook coming on board. I was wrong.

I honestly don't see us making the playoffs if we at least don't get an adequate return for Keef. Like it or not, he would leave to big of a hole for Mirza to fill.

Agree
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Frank Dux
Head Coach
And1: 9,258

Post#368 » by Frank Dux » Fri Sep 4, 2015 4:51 am

bigfoot wrote:
Wonderllama wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/Keefmorris/status/639603859535622144[/tweet]

I haven't really followed the case, but is it looking like he'll spend time behind bars? Would that result in his contract being voided?

Seems like you guys could get a pretty big break. Even though you guys are our rivals, I hope you guys come out ahead in this situation.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#369 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:12 am

I don't think voiding his deal would be considered a break for us. It would be a lose-lose situation. We would lose him for nothing in return (other than some cap space) and he'll be going to jail.

Anyway, I don't think it's looking like jail time from what I've read
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#370 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:40 am

Wildlinger wrote:I just don't understand the guy. Doesn't he have anybody who could tell him to shut the **** up? His trade value is almost non-existent at the moment.

Shut the **** up man!

I knew as soon as we found out the circumstances of the Mook trade that Keef's going to have a huge problem with it. If McDonough expected Keef to be completely fine with it, than he really is horrible at managing people, or he just doesn't know his players as well as he should have.

I think Keef's being a whining bitch just to get what he wants. He knows he has absolutely no leverage and he's trying to create some by acting this way.

I still say, don't let him have his way. This sets a really bad precedent for us. Keep him at least until his court case is done. That just by itself might raise his value a little bit. Certainly more that what it is at the moment.

I can say I pretty much agree with every point you make....I don't think a personal meeting would do anything. McD is not treating players ONCE THEY ARE HERE like a guy like Riley or Cuban does. That makes Hornacek's job very tough. I think the roster makeup and maturity is good now, outside of Kieff (who I admittedly thought would be a pro...and I think if push comes to shove, he will have to be, because if he starts for us and does crap on the court when he wants to be traded? That would be career suicide). I guess he could not play team ball and just keep taking shots but being a good player benefits him better. We hopefully can trade him for good value before the season but we won't.
plonden
Junior
And1: 124

Post#371 » by plonden » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:41 am

I wish we could assign Markieff to the Bakersfield Jam to start the season. That would make him change his attitude about whether he wants to be in Phoenix.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#372 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:43 am

Frank Dux wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

I haven't really followed the case, but is it looking like he'll spend time behind bars? Would that result in his contract being voided?

Seems like you guys could get a pretty big break. Even though you guys are our rivals, I hope you guys come out ahead in this situation.

A break from his contract being voided? That's crazy. He has value....on court basketball value....we are not going to cut him, no matter how many billions of posts letsgosuns makes about it with Frank Lee chiming in.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#373 » by nevetsov » Fri Sep 4, 2015 6:03 am

^ so if he hates the Suns so much, why is his Twitter pic of him still in a PHX uni?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#374 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 6:40 am

nevetsov wrote:^ so if he hates the Suns so much, why is his Twitter pic of him still in a PHX uni?

To remind other teams he's an NBA player
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#375 » by TASTIC » Fri Sep 4, 2015 11:44 am

His agent must be pulling out his hair with this buffoon and his antics.

He deserves to get booed when he plays in Phoenix, for or against.

He can say what he wants about McD and Babby etc, but where is his pride in being a man and going to war with his brothers (poor choice of word!) on the team?

I don't know what they're going to do with him.

Unless DET offers Ersan straight up or HOU is open to moving TJones + Beverely, I think we're looking at accepting some expiring and a 2nd for him which is a shame. Wherever he ends up, I hope he never sniffs the playoffs and he's either stuck behind a star or he hates the city (or all of the above!).

This guy is a complete $hit heel and he deserves all the negativity being dumped on him. Even before this latest tweet he managed to climb to my most hated Sun of the last decade I think. Calling out the fans, getting all those techs and disrespecting the team and his coach, and of course the beating.

He's got talent but he's arguably the worst rebounding starting PF in the league, he's not a good 3pt shooter and he doesn't block shots.

Send his thug ass packing or to jail, I'm tired of this petulant child act and holding a proud franchise to ransom because he can't act like a man and take responsibility for once in his life.

Markieff - you get paid $8m A YEAR TO BOUNCE A BALL AND PLAY A GAME.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#376 » by TASTIC » Fri Sep 4, 2015 11:45 am

nevetsov wrote:^ so if he hates the Suns so much, why is his Twitter pic of him still in a PHX uni?

Cos he couldn't beat the keyboard up enough to change it
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#377 » by Miklo » Fri Sep 4, 2015 2:31 pm

Lots of gold ITT
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#378 » by Jdiddy701 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 3:08 pm

TASTIC wrote:

Cos he couldn't beat the keyboard up enough to change it

Spoke too soon. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
plonden
Junior
And1: 124

Post#379 » by plonden » Fri Sep 4, 2015 3:27 pm

I just spent some time perusing both of the Morrii's twitter accounts. Honestly it creeps me out how close they are. I have siblings. I consider myself to be very close to them. But the Morrii are on a whole other level. They are together in nearly every picture or video. Marcus posted videos of them playing together in a flag football game. Guess what? He posted the video of him throwing the ball to Markieff, of course. Every other tweet is a retweet of something the other twin tweeted. Every tweet is signed #FOE. I'm no psychologist, but they appear to be codependent, and it's not healthy.

Like the majority of the board, I want Markieff gone as soon as possible. But perhaps we are being too narrow minded in our trade ideas. We are really only seeking out trades involving other power forwards. This has resulted in a limited number of realistic trade scenarios. Teletovic is a starting caliber power forward. He'd be a slight downgrade from Markieff overall, but he has starter talent. He also would give us a different look as a true stretch four. Leur is a decent backup big man. Plus, we could roll out some small ball lineups with Tucker playing the four and Warren playing the three. The Suns could make do even if we did not get a power forward in return. It's not an ideal long term solution, but it may allow us to move Markieff and get good value for him. It also fits with McDonough's asset collection strategy.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,423

Post#380 » by Revived » Fri Sep 4, 2015 6:12 pm

I just want this idiot gone.

Return to Phoenix Suns