ImageImageImage

Game 11: Chicago Bulls (7-3) @ Phoenix Suns (6-4)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Re: Game 11: Chicago Bulls (7-3) @ Phoenix Suns (6-4) 

Post#441 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:58 pm

GoranTragic wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
"I told the guys that just got here that it's gonna be like that," forward P.J. Tucker said. "When you get the Lakers, Chicago, Boston, you know it's gonna be loud. It's how it is, welcome to Phoenix."

I really dislike Tucker. The dude can't control himself yet he is giving out advice to younger players? Last time I checked nobody else on our current roster had a super DUI. Him and Kieff need to **** go right **** now. Honestly.

Are you saying that telling them that at times the other team's crowds are louder than ours is giving them advice? It's the **** truth. If he IS advising them on how much hustle it takes, good. If he is advising them on what to do in their free time, not so good.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#442 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:04 pm

RunDogGun wrote:
ginobiliflops wrote:Make the ******* playoffs and see if we can still hear the opponents fans. I doubt you would.

Well to be fair, we won't face any of those teams in this years playoffs, if we make it. Well unless it was the finals. :wink:

Yeah, it's mostly eastern coast transplants. There are always some Lakers fans too. Since our arena is so quite in the first place, they will stand out. And when you have an arena that holds 18,400, opposing fans who are happy to see their team in town are going to make more of an impact than say, opposing fans at a Cardinals game, where the stadium holds 63,400. Though I will say when the Cards sucked for years, when I went to games, there were always tons of fans of other teams at the games....Dallas always, but I also remember being at Redskins and Vikings games.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#443 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:09 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FlyByKnite/status/667236174700892160[/tweet]
Two Time
Ballboy
And1: 38

Post#444 » by Two Time » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:23 pm

rsavaj wrote:Let's not pretend like this place was a fan utopia during the SSOL years. It was a lot better than it is now, but it still took a LOT to get the crowd going.

I see that you live here in the valley, so you probably get out to the games some and know the crowds. When this team has respectable players, and worth the watch to more than the diehards the crowd is just fine. They sell the games out, they understand the game, and the opposing fans are minimal. When the team sucks and/or has a collection of asses they don't sell, the tickets are there for the super casual fan that thinks its cool to root for the out of town team, and cash in on $10 and such tickets.

Overall I'm a fan of PJ "SUPER DUI" Tucker, and think that fans of this site underrate him. That quote just chapped my ass.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,370

Post#445 » by Puff » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:51 am

This team is just not very watchable or likeable at this point. They play hard and have some talent and will win some games maybe more than I and most folks anticipate, but something is missing.

I used to watch every pre game and post game show. Now I watch the game and turn it off immediately after the game ends and move on. They probably have the all time worst communicators on any team I have ever followed. Hornacek is boring as hell in the interview room and most of our players are lucky to complete one sentence. Our best players Knight and Bledsoe are horrible at the mic.

I am like most on this board. Both Markieff and Tucker need to go. Both are horrible communicators and not very good basketball players. They both have dirty laundry and need to be moved sooner than later. I find it hard to believe that either will be part of a winning team in this town. Unfortunately I doubt either will be moved.

The guy that needs to play and sold to the fan base, is Booker. He appears to have good communication skills and is someone that I think this fan base can fall in love with. It is criminal that anyone on our bench gets playing time prior to him. Why in the world does Archie get PT prior to Booker? Why does Price get any playing time? Hornacek subs him in prior to Booker, when he is healthy. Why in the hell does he do that?

We went after 3-point shooters in the off season, Booker, Luer and Mirza to space the floor for our dual point guardsto take it hard to the basket. Booker, Luer and Mirza hardly play and Bledsoe and Knight jack up all the 3point shots. I don't get it.
phnart
Junior
And1: 451

Post#446 » by phnart » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:28 pm

I have to agree with those who have posted about this team being hard to like or the fans just not as interested. I used to watch every game from beginning to end, even saving some of the really good ones on the DVR for months at a time. I used to record every summer league game as well. Now, I have watched two full games this season, which is one more than I watched last season. They are not fun to watch and lack passion. There was a time when the majority of Suns players seemed to WANT to be Suns players. I don't really get a lot of that now.

If I were GM, I'd move Tucker, Morris, Goodwin, and maybe even Weems. I'd also bring in a coach with some attitude. I liked the player Hornacek was, but I don't like him as a coach. This team needs a stronger leader.
The moon is a ufo.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#447 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:30 pm

phnart wrote:I have to agree with those who have posted about this team being hard to like or the fans just not as interested. I used to watch every game from beginning to end, even saving some of the really good ones on the DVR for months at a time. I used to record every summer league game as well. Now, I have watched two full games this season, which is one more than I watched last season. They are not fun to watch and lack passion. There was a time when the majority of Suns players seemed to WANT to be Suns players. I don't really get a lot of that now.

If I were GM, I'd move Tucker, Morris, Goodwin, and maybe even Weems. I'd also bring in a coach with some attitude. I liked the player Hornacek was, but I don't like him as a coach. This team needs a stronger leader.

Well I guess you missed this Bulls game then, because they certainly were not lacking passion. At least everyone but Morris.
phnart
Junior
And1: 451

Post#448 » by phnart » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
phnart wrote:I have to agree with those who have posted about this team being hard to like or the fans just not as interested. I used to watch every game from beginning to end, even saving some of the really good ones on the DVR for months at a time. I used to record every summer league game as well. Now, I have watched two full games this season, which is one more than I watched last season. They are not fun to watch and lack passion. There was a time when the majority of Suns players seemed to WANT to be Suns players. I don't really get a lot of that now.

Well I guess you missed this Bulls game then, because they certainly were not lacking passion. At least everyone but Morris.

Actually, you're right about the passion of that game. I did enjoy the fire they brought and watched the whole thing without feeling cheated by anyone except Morris. Maybe passion isn't what is truly lacking (and maybe I'm still pissed about the Dallas game opening night and much of last year) as much as focus and a plan of attack.
The moon is a ufo.
tgtm_24
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#449 » by tgtm_24 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Can't see how the Suns aren't watchable. Tucker just left it all on the court so if you're not happy with that you're hard to please.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#450 » by batsmasher » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:19 pm

Yeah seriously. The Nash-Amare era Suns were one of the most watchable teams of all time. I think expectations are high because of that.

We're a pretty fun team to watch at the moment. Ball movement has improved from last season.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me

Return to Phoenix Suns