Jordan McRae

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Re: Jordan McRae 

Post#21 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:57 pm

Had to be crazy to go from d league straight to a game at MSG. That's some big time pressure. Considering his circumstances, this guy must ooze confidence.
Sunsss
Analyst
And1: 1,074

Post#22 » by Sunsss » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:39 pm

Unlike our guards he showed that executing a fastbreak is not actually that hard when you have numbers. Created 3 consecutive easy layups.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYNEpf1Tnsc[/youtube]
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,329

Post#23 » by TASTIC » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:16 am

Much as I don't like it, McD should take a page out of Hinkie's book and sign him at vet min for 3yrs.

Lock him up cheap and then he's a cheap buy-out/trade filler if it doesn't work out.

His jumper looks more like Arenas than Durant imo
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#24 » by RunDogGun » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:34 pm

TASTIC wrote:Much as I don't like it, McD should take a page out of Hinkie's book and sign him at vet min for 3yrs.

Lock him up cheap and then he's a cheap buy-out/trade filler if it doesn't work out.

I have a feeling they will offer him a multi year contract, even if it is a deal for the rest of this season, and a team option next year. Getting 25 mins in his first game with little to no practice is the reason I think the contract will be coming.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#25 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:52 pm

TASTIC wrote:Much as I don't like it, McD should take a page out of Hinkie's book and sign him at vet min for 3yrs.

Well if he keeps playing like he has and we can sign him for cheap, for sure. If he was on another team putting up numbers like he did the other night, people would probably say we should trade for him.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,394

Post#26 » by dremill24 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:35 pm

RunDogGun wrote:

I have a feeling they will offer him a multi year contract, even if it is a deal for the rest of this season, and a team option next year. Getting 25 mins in his first game with little to no practice is the reason I think the contract will be coming.

So getting those minutes couldn't possibly be because a) they have very few healthy bodies in the backcourt, and b) he was playing very well?
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#27 » by RunDogGun » Mon Feb 1, 2016 5:23 am

dremill24 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:

So getting those minutes couldn't possibly be because a) they have very few healthy bodies in the backcourt, and b) he was playing very well?

Could be, which is why I said it was what I thought, and not a definite positive true fact. :roll: But we have guys in those positions. We could have easily rolled with 30+ minutes to both Goodwin and Booker, while giving both Tucker and Weems the remaining minutes at the guard spots, and added minutes to Warren at the three, no?
MeCarlos24
Rookie
And1: 52

Post#28 » by MeCarlos24 » Fri Feb 5, 2016 11:43 am

Really wanted us to sign him and get rid of soe of the trash we have, hope he does well for you guys. Funnily in those highlights the one commentator says after Mcrae scores "what an impact he's had on the ball game"... While down over 20. lol
btw pls out tank the Lakers
“There are a few prerequisites to inventing...You have to be willing to fail. You have to be willing to think long-term. You have to be willing to be misunderstood for long periods of time."
- Jeff Bezos
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#29 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Feb 5, 2016 3:31 pm

Not sure I want McD to do anything Hinkie does.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,798

Post#30 » by Saberestar » Sun Feb 7, 2016 11:13 pm

Sources say that the Phoenix Suns are signing Jordan McRae to a second 10-day contract.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/696468017354575872
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#31 » by thamadkant » Sun Feb 7, 2016 11:38 pm

With Orlando Jones and Jordan McRae, they both join Goodwin as 3 6'5~6'6 guys with over 6'10 wingspan...
2 of which can play PG (Goodwin and McRae)...

this to me... is a clear sign of going "LONG" against the sharp shooters of the world... like Curry. If Curry and such has to adjust a couple of inches in their 3pt arcs... it can make a big difference in its chances of hitting.

Hence, a short traditional PG with short arms is probably going to be benched against 6'3 PGs with deep range, they just cant defend those high arc shots.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#32 » by Damkac » Mon Feb 8, 2016 12:33 am

Yes, they will increase our chances against Warriors in the playoffs ;)
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#33 » by kennydorglas » Mon Feb 8, 2016 12:52 am

1UPZ wrote:With Orlando Jones and Jordan McRae, they both join Goodwin as 3 6'5~6'6 guys with over 6'10 wingspan...

this to me... is a clear sign of going "LONG" against the sharp shooters of the world... like Curry. If Curry and such has to adjust a couple of inches in their 3pt arcs... it can make a big difference in its chances of hitting.

Hence, a short traditional PG with short arms is probably going to be benched against 6'3 PGs with deep range, they just cant defend those high arc shots.

It was about time.
I wonder if they'll target Dunn (6'4 6'9 wing) in the draft.
Makes sense.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#34 » by saintEscaton » Mon Feb 8, 2016 1:04 am

kennydorglas wrote:
1UPZ wrote:With Orlando Jones and Jordan McRae, they both join Goodwin as 3 6'5~6'6 guys with over 6'10 wingspan...

It was about time.
I wonder if they'll target Dunn (6'4 6'9 wing) in the draft.
Makes sense.

An ideally sized PG who can pass worth a damn? No way he doesn't fit our system. What we really needs is another positionless combo guard out of Kentucky like Jamal Murray
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

Return to Phoenix Suns