Preseason Finale! Game 6 Suns @ Lakers

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Re: Preseason Finale! Game 6 Suns @ Lakers 

Post#201 » by RunDogGun » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:10 am

Kerrsed wrote:
LukasBMW wrote:Len's stats look good with 16 & 9. If you watched the game, you know the real deal though. :/

Yeah, i clearly remember 1 play where he blew the layup, got the rebound, blew the put back, got the rebound, blew the putback, got the rebound, blew the putback, then Bledsoe stormed the paint and grabbed the rebound and put it in the hoop. 3 rebounds off one play.

I also know there was another where it was very similar, but with him only getting the rebound twice before Warren put it in for him.

Pretty sure that was the only 5 offensive rebounds he got.

Holy heck, Len is AC Green!
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#202 » by DRK » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:28 am

Our defence and overall play was night and day with Chandler on the court as opposed to Len.
Len doesnt seem like he communicates at all on D, which is what you need to do as a Center in the NBA.
We gave Len alot of opportunities in the post tonight, but he couldn't convert on some very easy plays. Baby-books, layups etc, missed them all..
Pretty disappointing from Len. Hope he can come back and do more next time.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#203 » by NTB » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:58 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,691

Post#204 » by Qwigglez » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:48 am

Was gonna say, for everyone being so negative a win is a win. Bledsoe is still obviously trying to get into game shape. Hopefully he gets there sooner rather than later. I think a lot of our errors are minor and we'll just have to grind them out throughout the season. We made plenty of silly turnovers after turnovers but I also saw some good plays being set up too. Not sure how Len can improve his post-game beside just making his effing shots. Knight actually took a step back 3 instead of a step back long 2, and I thought that was actually an improvement. Maybe he did it on accident though. Warren is staying within his game and taking those mid-range floaters, taking the ball to the basket. I'd like to see him launch a couple threes a game just to keep the defense honest.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#205 » by NTB » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:08 am

carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,691

Post#206 » by Qwigglez » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:33 am

Zelaznyrules wrote:It will be a lot of fun for me, it will be misery for a lot of fans. It all has to do with expectations.

All this national Booker love has some people thinking we have a Kobe in his prime and we simply don't. He is still a very young player, he might look like an all star some nights but he'll look he belongs in college the rest of the time. If you were to compare him to starting 2's around the league, he'd definitely grade out near the bottom, right now anyway. By the end of the season he should start coming closer to delivering on his incredible promise but even then he'll still be a work in progress.

Len is playing himself out of the NBA before our very eyes. Tyson is never more than a half step away from a hamstring, knee or ankle based vacation. Warren is basically a second year player that still needs a lot of grooming. Chriss is as raw as they come, Bender makes him look like a seasoned veteran. Bledsoe isn't the player he was, and the player he was, was never the player we hoped he'd become. Knight is a player that few people like when he plays well and no one likes when he doesn't. Barbosa has a little left in the tank but still has the flaws he left town with. Dudley lost it before we traded him to the Clippers and moving him to power forward does little to hide his shortcomings. On top of all this, we're staring at our 7th straight year out of the playoffs and we have a wet behind the ears head coach running the show. Some fans aren't going to take all this well.

I'll be enjoying the season though because I've already come to grips with what I believe is our current reality. Hopefully by Christmas, we'll have completely given up on the season and started playing the young guys major minutes. Dudley and Barbosa will see the court in emergency situations only. Most of Bledsoe, Knight, Chandler and Tucker will have been traded for draft picks or 23 and under prospects. And our rotation will consist of Ulis, Booker, Warren, Chriss, Bender, Len, Jones jr, Williams and a couple of D league players. Our present is still bleak but our future has a lot to look forward to. But we're going to struggle out there until we develop these kids, add another potential star from this draft (hopefully) and cash in the 2 banked first round draft picks that Miami owes us.

Besides his baby face, Booker doesn't look like he belongs in college at all. He looks like he belongs in this league. I think you are being very dramatic to illustrate a point. Also, players develop their game over the summer not over the course of the season. I doubt by the end of the season he'll start to deliver on his incredible promise, players just don't "get it" towards the end of the season. That makes no sense at all.
You mentioned earlier that we have the worst center rotation in the entire league and it isn't even close. Really? I mean really? So you're telling me you'd take whatever the Pelicans have at center than our guys? Asik who averaged 6/4, Ajinca who averaged 4/6. How about the Hornets, you'd take Roy Hibbert over Tyson Chandler? How about even the best in class Warriors, Zaza Pachulia, you'll take him?
What were you hoping from Bledsoe last year? That wasn't what we'd hope he become? 20/6/4/2 shooting 45%, 1.5 threes per game. Those are pretty stellar numbers. Near borderline all-star numbers. If he replicated those numbers this year I'd be extremely happy.
If this is how many of you are going to act when we win a game, I can't wait to see how you all react when we lose games.
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#207 » by carey » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:11 am

Zelaznyrules wrote: All this national Booker love has some people thinking we have a Kobe in his prime and we simply don't.

I am fairly certain you're the only one I've seen say this. Do many of us think we have Kobe in his 2nd year? Yeah, because his stats last year were sneakily identical to Kobe's first season and the kid is mature beyond his years like Kobe was. That's all anyone has said. No one has said he looks like prime Kobe Bryant. Come on, man.
letsgosuns
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#208 » by letsgosuns » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:54 am

Bledsoe and Knight both had terrible preseasons. Each of them looked as bad or worse than ever. Here are their statistics:

Bledsoe:
9.8 pts, 4.8 ast, 2.3 to, 33.3% fg, 24.1 mpg

Knight:
12.8 pts, 3 ast, 2.2 to, 41.8% fg, 23.9 mpg

Injuries or no injuries, this is Bledsoe's seventh year in the league and Knight's sixth year. These guys should be far better than what they showed during preseason, if they were actually star guards. And make no mistake, they got paid like they were star guards.

Compare their preseason statistics to Booker's:
19.6 pts, 2.6 ast, 2.2 to, 45.5% fg, 26.5 mpg

These numbers speak for themselves. Bledsoe and Knight are both considered point guards and they combined to average 7.8 ast and 4.5 to. That is so bad. They make Marbury look like Magic Johnson. As good as McDonough has been at drafting, he has been equally as bad at giving out free agent contracts. His three biggest contracts, Bledsoe, Knight, and also Chandler, have not lived up to their contracts even remotely.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,819

Post#209 » by Saberestar » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:07 pm

Well, I saw the game yesterday and I was happy with the result. It was a game that both teams played to win, not a common preseason game.

First of all the Lakers are not that terrible. They are way better than the Sixers and the Nets wich are IMO the worst of the NBA right now. And they are probably better than the Kings and the Pelicans, so it wasn't a game against a group of D-League players.

I liked our perimeter defense A LOT. Booker and Warren were fantastic defensively, they were running through screens really well and were agresive with his man all the time.

Chandler seems to be healthy, he is really important for us with Len playing so bad in the preseason. Hopefully he stays healthy for a long time.

Bender and Chriss played a forgettable game, nothing good to talk about it. I wanted to see Ulis some minutes on the court, but Watson wants to give Knight at least 25 minutes per game, so it's gonna be difficult for him to have playing time on a daily basis.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#210 » by batsmasher » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:16 pm

we should trade for Vucevic. his numbers this preseason speak for themselves:

24.1 mpg 8.7 ppg 6.8 rpg 3.0 ast 33.9% fg 2.0 to

33.9% fg? actual scrub. we should trade him for our scrub bk.

.. you thought Schroder was a star of the future? NOPE. check out his preseason numbers:

10.4 pts, 5.4 ast, 2.6 to, 40.8% fg, 24.5 mpg

Atlanta must have the most incompetent front office in the league if they think this guy can be the future of their franchise. just look at those numbers.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
letsgosuns
Veteran
And1: 2,167

Post#211 » by letsgosuns » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:34 pm

I do not really like Vucevic. In fact, I think Len's best career games come against the Magic. Last year he had a 31 and 15 game against Vucevic in Orlando and a 20 and 14 game against Vucevic in Phoenix. Vucevic puts up great statistics on paper but I am not a big fan of his. And I am certainly not a fan of Schroder. Idk what the Hawks think they have with him. Then again, the Hawks are the organization that decided to give Dwight Howard 23.5 million a year so who knows what they are thinking. Howard's scoring has gone down each of the past three seasons. He has gotten worse every year since 2013 and had injury problems yet the Hawks paid him like a superstar entering his prime.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#212 » by thamadkant » Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:54 pm

Magic signed Biyombo and traded for Ibaka to support Vucevic. That front court is now a balanced rotation that can adjust to many teams.

And batsmasher... Was that suppose to be sarcasm regarding Schroeder?

Because 10ppg and 6apg in 24 minutes for preparation games is not bad... Its not too good either but can be brushed off as simply him shaking the rust off before the actual season kicks off.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#213 » by kennydorglas » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Len just doesnt have any touch around the rim. He just throws the ball up like Noah and hopes for the best.
Always off-balance, always rushing his moves.

I dont know why TJ Warren looks so much more athletic right now. He's just oozing me all the time.

Dudley will be very valuable until Chriss learns how to defend in the NBA.

I still think we're lowballing Bender as a playmaker.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Re: RE: Re: Preseason Finale! Game 6 Suns @ Lakers 

Post#214 » by carey » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:17 pm

kennydorglas wrote:He's just oozing me all the time.

He should get that checked out then.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#215 » by Fo-Real » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:27 pm

I'll give Len credit, his effort and impact on the game seems to have been altered a little, maybe Watson got in his ear and is teaching him a some alpha tendencies. I think the main issue for Len is that at this point in his career he should be strong enough to finish more of those plays through contact and he is just not. He gets bumped around the hoop when going up for shots and instead of finishing strong and smoothly through contact he is still weak so he winds up getting knocked off balance and throwing up those little ugly tosses, and I think that's one of the main reasons that his field-goal percentage is worse than it should be. At this stage in his NBA career he should be stronger and able to physically get hit and put up a balanced shot.
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#216 » by LukasBMW » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:08 pm

Lots of you make good points. ^^^^^^

It's why I love this forum. <3
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#217 » by LukasBMW » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:09 pm

Every time Bledsoe attacks the rim, I think: "Oh god, here comes another knee injury"

Especially last night with the ice under the floor.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#218 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Qwigglez wrote:Was gonna say, for everyone being so negative a win is a win.

Not in preseason. Preseason is how you play and develop. Its not about wins and losses.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#219 » by wheezy » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:37 pm

1UPZ wrote:Magic signed Biyombo and traded for Ibaka to support Vucevic. That front court is now a balanced rotation that can adjust to many teams.

And batsmasher... Was that suppose to be sarcasm regarding Schroeder?

Because 10ppg and 6apg in 24 minutes for preparation games is not bad... Its not too good either but can be brushed off as simply him shaking the rust off before the actual season kicks off.

But they still have AGordon and just signed the ghost of Jeff Green, and both are better off playing pf (okay... Green there is debatable but still). Any balance you see in the frountcourt is just coming at the expense of their backcourt/wing. They're at least in a good position for a trade with a team like Boston.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,819

Post#220 » by Saberestar » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:12 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Was gonna say, for everyone being so negative a win is a win.

Not in preseason. Preseason is how you play and develop. Its not about wins and losses.

With 2 minutes left we were tied and both teams wanted to win. We executed really well a play for a 3p shot by Dudley and defensively Warren made a big steal down the strech and his free throws.

All that matters and give us confidence entering the season.

Return to Phoenix Suns