Nashty and Cactus, Game 21 vs Jazz

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Nashty and Cactus, Game 21 vs Jazz 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 4:57 am

Remember all, anyone can start these. I think batsmasher will start them immediately if around, and if not I will start within a few minutes of game end, but if you don't see it within 5 minutes or so, and feel obliged, start the thread.

Standings

How it works
PackSuns
Senior
And1: 251

Re: Nashty and Cactus, Game 21 vs Jazz 

Post#2 » by PackSuns » Wed Dec 7, 2016 5:45 am

I didn't get to watch the whole game. I will watch tomorrow and comment. What's everybody else's excuse?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 5:56 am

PackSuns wrote:I didn't get to watch the whole game. I will watch tomorrow and comment. What's everybody else's excuse?

I was dealing with some stuff on the forums unfortunately. Had it on but didn't watch intently until the very end when Knight had a couple of turnovers like he does when it's close at the end, and then hit a layup when it was too late.

Makes me want to give him at least a -2 for that and hist 30% shooting, but they did make the run with him in. Looks by pure box stats, Booker finally shot really well, but the starters got killed so a tough one to vote on. Len fouled out, but shot ok and hit free throws, however only 4 boards.

PJ should be -3 though for being part of that starting lineup and producing nothing. Bender seemed to be moving well in that final lineup with Dudley and Chandler. While Warren's out, I would love to see a Bled/Book/Dudley/Bender/Chandler Chandler rebounds, solid 3 pt shooters in theory (if Bled and Book can get consistent) and good passers.

Then Ulis/Barbosa/Tucker/Williams/Len off the bench...or maybe DJJ instead of Williams.

Troy Williams would be nice to have.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#4 » by batsmasher » Wed Dec 7, 2016 6:13 am

I was playing tennis. I've never been one to watch games on replay but I have the time so I should probably start. Much easier to spot things than when it's live.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,690

Post#5 » by Qwigglez » Wed Dec 7, 2016 8:20 am

+3 LB
+2 Bender
+1 Len

-1 for Booker
-2 for Tucker/Bledsoe
-3 for Knight
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,816

Post#6 » by Saberestar » Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:17 pm

+3 Booker
+2 Barbosa
+1 Len

-3 Tucker
-2 Chandler
-1 Chriss

Booker played great offensively but he played poor on defense. Terrific third quarter.
Len played a good game, but he fouled out and he was big out there.
Barbosa played probably his best game this year, good to see him being the old Starbosa.

I am done with Chriss and Tucker starting. They are terrible starters, they need to come from the bench.
Chriss is one of the worst defenders that I have seen in the NBA, seriously. Diaw was toying with him, was ridiculous a few times.

Regarding Chandler, I want him out of the team before the trade deadline. We have enough veterans on the team, we do not need him.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#7 » by kennydorglas » Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:35 pm

+3 Booker: Solid effort on offense, no one wanted to defend in this game, so I'll give him a short leash.
+2 Len: Tried to man up against Gobert tonight, he was OK
+1 Bender: No one was guarding his man except our 19yo. Nobody in this team really cares about him on offense tho.

-1 Chriss: Tough moments when he was toyed by Diaw. He's so raw, I dont even know how he's still starting
-2 Knight: He carried us with some intensity UNTIL we had a chance to win this game.
-3 Tucker: TJ Warren cant come back early enough.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#8 » by RaisingArizona » Wed Dec 7, 2016 1:41 pm

PackSuns wrote:I didn't get to watch the whole game. I will watch tomorrow and comment. What's everybody else's excuse?

We were losing by 20 at halftime. Had better things to watch but still tuned in again to see us give it away at the end :lol:
Jarlaxle0204
Sixth Man
And1: 2,091

Post#9 » by Jarlaxle0204 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 1:45 pm

Tale of two halves.

+3 Barbosa: He at least brought the intensity and tried driving to the hole early when everyone else was afraid to do so. Leading through example even though he still does Barbosa like things.
+2 Len: Played well while he was on the floor. If he hadn't fouled out, I wonder if we would have won the game.
+1 Booker: I wish he would show up a bit more early in the game. He had a great 3rd Quarter and came out of halftime firing which we really needed.

Honorable mentions to Bender and Dudley. Also Knight played decent in the 4th right up until the final 2 minutes or so where he decided he was going to win it all himself and predictably fell apart.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#10 » by darealjuice » Wed Dec 7, 2016 4:03 pm

I'm so confused lol it feels like people complain about rookies not playing enough, then gets mad that Watson is starting a rookie? It's also weird to me how much PJ Tucker gets hate here for not being able to do anything on offense and only being on the court for defense when Bender is the exact same way right now, but he gets a lot of unconditional love and apparently should be starting. We don't have anyone that is a legit starting power forward, and neither Bender nor Chriss has been getting significantly more minutes than the other in the past few games. Neither of them look like they're ready to be named starter, but they're the only true power forwards on the roster and someone has to do it. At this point it's picking between offense and bad defense with Chriss, or defense and limited offense with Bender, and with PJ starting right now it's no surprise that we go with offense considering how little impact he can have on that end at times. Although I doubt it changes when TJ returns. Anyways...

+3 Barbosa: Played well in the 4th and brought us back to tie the game after getting our asses kicked all night, I liked the hustle and intensity on both ends and he didn't take many bad shots.
+2 Len: Looked solid while he was out there. He didn't get completely dominated by Gobert like he usually does, so that deserves some love. Too many fouls, especially for the playing time that he got, but I'd attribute part of that to our horrendous perimeter defense. That's what happens when you play in Utah though, thousands of fouls. I still can't believe that a combined 100 FTs were taken when we played them in preseason.
+1 Knight: All things considered, he played a pretty decent game. He was big for us in the 4th, was a big part of what got us back in the game after our starters were getting dominated, and limited his turnovers. I still hate his shot selection, and still am not a big Knight fan, but I think he deserves a + over any of our starters considering the hole they put us in to open the game.

-1 Booker: He needs to start getting his game going right out the gate, not coming out of half time. He shot the ball well for sure, but he needs to be more than that. Way too many loose turnovers, not a lot of impact on offense outside of scoring the ball, and uninspiring defense. I hate +/- to evaluate individual players, but our entire starting lineup was in the negative and he was leading them with a really bad -26. I want to see more of that playmaking he was showing in SL and preseason.
-3 Tucker: We compete in games that he plays well, and get our asses kicked when he plays games like this, where he's not even pretending to be a threat on offense and can't find any other way to contribute to the team. This team seriously misses TJ on the court, he was looking like our best player on both ends at times.

I'll think of a -2 later. Tucker gets a -3 because he had even less impact than you would expect from him, and that's saying something. Booker gets a -1 because I expect more than just scoring from him, but doesn't deserve a bigger negative to me because he still contributed in some way.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#11 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Dec 7, 2016 10:28 pm

+3 Booker - I was surprised by his defense today.
+2 Barbosa - Got us back in it.
+1 Len

-1 Chandler
-2 Bledsoe - Didn't show up.
-3 Tucker - What is this guy for, again?
MilotheSlayer
Senior
And1: 261

Post#12 » by MilotheSlayer » Wed Dec 7, 2016 11:43 pm

+3 Knight - He made the game close and interesting
+2 Booker - His iso game is legit. Very efficient game
+1 Barbosa - Good game from the bench.

-1 Bledsoe - Didn't take a 3 all night. Wasn't aggressive
-2 Tucker - 21min and nothing to show for it
-3 Knight - He also lost the game for us by taking dumb shots down the stretch
dremill24