ImageImageImage

thank god the season is over

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Preacherpj
Junior
And1: 310

thank god the season is over 

Post#1 » by Preacherpj » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm extremely satisfied the Suns pulled off the tank and passed* the Lakers -- just nice to see the STRATEGIC vision for once from ownership.

That being said -- its a crap feeling rooting for your team to lose for like two months. Happy this season is over.

We need to start making progress out of this rebuild, that doesn't mean making the playoffs next year, but its time to starting getting competitive.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Re: thank god the season is over 

Post#2 » by MathiasPW » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:05 pm

jeff2020
Senior
And1: 350

Post#3 » by jeff2020 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Preacherpj wrote:I'm extremely satisfied the Suns pulled off the tank and passed* the Lakers -- just nice to see the STRATEGIC vision for once from ownership.

That being said -- its a crap feeling rooting for your team to lose for like two months. Happy this season is over.

We need to start making progress out of this rebuild, that doesn't mean making the playoffs next year, but its time to starting getting competitive.

100% agree. Rooting for the team to lose is such an awful feeling. The NBA really does need to rethink how the draft is setup to avoid blatant tank jobs. I no way shape or form is that good for the league or the fans
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Post#4 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:59 pm

I didn't feel that I was rooting for this team to lose these past few months. I was cheering for our young guys to play well, which I think they largely did. We didn't really play losing basketball, despite losing a lot.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#5 » by NTB » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:38 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:I didn't feel that I was rooting for this team to lose these past few months. I was cheering for our young guys to play well, which I think they largely did. We didn't really play losing basketball, despite losing a lot.

This.

I was just having fun watching kids develop and just didn't care when results of games were losing. It's different than rooting to lose.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#6 » by Damkac » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 am

I too enjoyed watching kids playing and getting better every game. Can't wait to see Suns young squad playing again (hopefully more developed after the offseason).
DaleyBlind
Veteran
And1: 1,832

Post#7 » by DaleyBlind » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:36 am

This season flew by IMO, feels like the draft was only on the other day
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#8 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:15 pm

I can't wait for Draft Day aka D-Day
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#9 » by ATTL » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:22 pm

We're due for luck in the lotto.
Villalobos
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,266

Post#10 » by Villalobos » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:10 pm

ATTL wrote:We're due for luck in the lotto.

I think all Suns fans know, deep down in their hearts, what will happen. The Suns will drop two spots and the Lakers will win the lottery for the third year in a row, and people will say it's karma even though the Lakers tanked too.
In2ition
Senior
And1: 259

Post#11 » by In2ition » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:42 pm

Villalobos wrote:

I think all Suns fans know, deep down in their hearts, what will happen. The Suns will drop two spots and the Lakers will win the lottery for the third year in a row, and people will say it's karma even though the Lakers tanked too.

Is #2 winning the lottery? On the former part, I am jaded to believe that's what's most likely to happen.
Villalobos
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,266

Post#12 » by Villalobos » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:51 am

In2ition wrote:
Villalobos wrote:

Is #2 winning the lottery? On the former part, I am jaded to believe that's what's most likely to happen.

The top three have to win their spots with lottery balls, so that's how I look at it.

Return to Phoenix Suns