ImageImageImage

Amare Trade Thread / Suns trades II

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Re: Amare Trade Thread / Suns trades II 

Post#661 » by realsunsfan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:59 pm

BigDaddyPR wrote:I do think that Amare is gone anyways.. lets hope not though... this team can win it all imo with the right coach/system, but right now its hard to keep that faith...

Bigdaddpr, listen man, I've been watching the suns since truck robinson, dennis johnson, nance,davis.......an so on through the years played. We have had a lot of ups and downs, I know it gets tough but if you are a true fan you can keep the faith................
jlove_26
Sixth Man
And1: 12

Post#662 » by jlove_26 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:00 pm

JohnVancouver wrote:
jlove_26 wrote:There's ONLY 1 way the Suns GIVE Barbosa away so cheaply, especially to New York, and that's if there is a BIG trade involving an extra 2 players coming to the Suns (i.e. a 3 for 1, etc). I still don't think they'd do it that cheap. Maybe an expiring, Lee and a pick, but Barbosa for an expiring and a pick....NO!!!!

--- 1) Surely Walsh would take a contract that runs past 2010 if it was a player they wanted, and Barbs is still a bargain contract for what he brings.
2) I can't see Lee in a deal for Barbs. They've said they want to keep him and if not, I doubt that's the deal they'd make
3) If the Suns want to keep their roster at 13 they aren't doing any 3-for-1 deals, bar someone they waive immediately

Negative. They only have a roster of 12 right now. So if they did a 3 for 1, the roster would be 13.
SSOL
Bench Warmer
And1: 436

Post#663 » by SSOL » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:02 pm

quote]

There is nothing final. The Bulls are favorable though.[/quote]

Interesting. I liked the deal involving Noah and TT.
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Post#664 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:04 pm

How did we glaze over the fantastic "spacegoat" posts a while ago?

My God that was funny.

Those pictures are HILARIOUS...

...ahh spacegoat's rise to power will be quick and potent. The gun-toting, green-eyed, political extra-terrestrial goat...

Good times.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#665 » by WTFsunsFTW » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:05 pm

Black Jesus wrote:
There is nothing final. The Bulls are favorable though.

Favorable to you? We have no idea what you are trying to say and you have successfully convoluted your claims enough that you're officially crying wolf.
realsunsfan
Rookie

Post#666 » by realsunsfan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:06 pm

Sun Scorched wrote:How did we glaze over the fantastic "spacegoat" posts a while ago?

My God that was funny.

...ahh spacegoat's rise to power will be quick and potent. The gun-toting, green-eyed, political extra-terrestrial goat...

Good times.

Maybe that should have been OKC's new mascot ...........LMAO........
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant

Post#667 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:06 pm

SSOL wrote:Interesting. I liked the deal involving Noah and TT.

I really don't want Noah in a Suns uni...

I hate the Fabricio Oberto, Anderson Verajo, Joakim Noah brand of player... just annoys the crap outta me. Luis Scola I can stand.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
SSOL
Bench Warmer
And1: 436

Post#668 » by SSOL » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:07 pm

Sun Scorched wrote:
SSOL wrote:Interesting. I liked the deal involving Noah and TT.

I really don't want Noah in a Suns uni...

I hate the Fabricio Oberto, Anderson Verajo, Joakim Noah brand of player... just annoys the crap outta me. Luis Scola I can stand.

I hear you. But I think I would like him if he were on our side.
eastsidecrossover
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#669 » by eastsidecrossover » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Please, no chicago trade. That is just plain garbage. That makes our team even worse then most trades out there. To bad the griz trade is not going to happen.

I still think shaq is the guy we move and we take our chances with amare.

All I think there is going to be is a lot of smoke and nothing will come about. You hear so many rumors in the nba and only like 2% of them happen.
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant

Post#670 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:09 pm

realsunsfan wrote:
Sun Scorched wrote:How did we glaze over the fantastic "spacegoat" posts a while ago?

My God that was funny.

Good times.

No joke. A Bison... is it supposed to be the "THUNDERing" Herd... is that the idea? I don't understand the relation. Isn't Marshall (college team) the Thundering Herd...? With Bison?

It's just wierd.

But I guess we have a Gorilla as ours so...
On Steve Nash:
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#671 » by WTFsunsFTW » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:09 pm

My God that was funny.

Good times.

No respect I tell ya...
Black Jesus
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#672 » by Black Jesus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:10 pm

WTFsunsFTW wrote:
Black Jesus wrote:

Favorable to you? We have no idea what you are trying to say and you have successfully convoluted your claims enough that you're officially crying wolf.

The best thing I've given anyone is that the Bulls are the favorites right now. There is nothing more or less. I made a mistake in the beginning by not saying much and then saying some, but it really isn't a lot at the end of the day and it's all I really know at this time. chill out on me!
jazzy_jeff
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#673 » by jazzy_jeff » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:12 pm

quick question (didn't want to start a separate thread for this) -- does anyone know if there's a freeze on trades during all-star weekend?
When I breeze past, breathe fast, on point like Steve Nash
Black Jesus
Banned User

Post#674 » by Black Jesus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:12 pm

eastsidecrossover wrote:Please, no chicago trade. That is just plain garbage. That makes our team even worse then most trades out there. To bad the griz trade is not going to happen.

I still think shaq is the guy we move and we take our chances with amare.

All I think there is going to be is a lot of smoke and nothing will come about. You hear so many rumors in the nba and only like 2% of them happen.

I agree!
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#675 » by TASTIC » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:17 pm

Black Jesus wrote:
WTFsunsFTW wrote:
Black Jesus wrote:

The best thing I've given anyone is that the Bulls are the favorites right now. There is nothing more or less. I made a mistake in the beginning by not saying much and then saying some, but it really isn't a lot at the end of the day and it's all I really know at this time. chill out on me!

BJ^ Without a legit source - email me/PM me if you need and I'll keep it private and can back you up - your 'source' holds as much water as the piece of pizza I just had...it's the truth.

It's nothing personal, but anyone can come on here and say "I know this guy who knows that guy" but until it's proven like DB for example, I can't do/help you as far as people doubting you/calling you out on your unnamed sources...
realsunsfan
Rookie

Post#676 » by realsunsfan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:19 pm

Sun Scorched wrote:
realsunsfan wrote:

My God that was funny.

Good times.

No joke. A Bison... is it supposed to be the "THUNDERing" Herd... is that the idea? I don't understand the relation. Isn't Marshall (college team) the Thundering Herd...? With Bison?

It's just wierd.

The Gorilla was born from Hazel a long time ago........
Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant

Post#677 » by Sun Scorched » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:27 pm

realsunsfan wrote:
Sun Scorched wrote:
realsunsfan wrote:Maybe that should have been OKC's new mascot ...........LMAO........

It's just wierd.

The Gorilla was born from Hazel a long time ago........

Thing about the Gorilla is that it's just crazy enough to avoid the "WTF" scrutiny that comes with selecting a new mascot. Plus, who wouldn't want to see a guy in a Gorilla suit jump through a flaming hoop and dunk the ball?
On Steve Nash:
Black Jesus
Banned User

Post#678 » by Black Jesus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:28 pm

BJ^ Without a legit source - email me/PM me if you need and I'll keep it private and can back you up - your 'source' holds as much water as the piece of pizza I just had...it's the truth.

It's nothing personal, but anyone can come on here and say "I know this guy who knows that guy" but until it's proven like DB for example, I can't do/help you as far as people doubting you/calling you out on your unnamed sources...

I know nothing's personal, and I completely understand your input. I can't do much right now but you'll be the first man to PM if anything else is constructed. If I'm even able to release it that is. You won't see me on here throwing anything else out for now unless something crazy happens and I am able to spill the beans.
rb19
Ballboy

Post#679 » by rb19 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:32 pm

jlove_26 wrote:
JohnVancouver wrote:
jlove_26 wrote:There's ONLY 1 way the Suns GIVE Barbosa away so cheaply, especially to New York, and that's if there is a BIG trade involving an extra 2 players coming to the Suns (i.e. a 3 for 1, etc). I still don't think they'd do it that cheap. Maybe an expiring, Lee and a pick, but Barbosa for an expiring and a pick....NO!!!!

--- 1) Surely Walsh would take a contract that runs past 2010 if it was a player they wanted, and Barbs is still a bargain contract for what he brings.
2) I can't see Lee in a deal for Barbs. They've said they want to keep him and if not, I doubt that's the deal they'd make
3) If the Suns want to keep their roster at 13 they aren't doing any 3-for-1 deals, bar someone they waive immediately

Negative. They only have a roster of 12 right now. So if they did a 3 for 1, the roster would be 13.

Are you serious? 12-1+3=13?!
Can someone explain me why I'm "not authorised sending private messages"?
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#680 » by TASTIC » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Black Jesus wrote:

I know nothing's personal, and I completely understand your input. I can't do much right now but you'll be the first man to PM if anything else is constructed. If I'm even able to release it that is. You won't see me on here throwing anything else out for now unless something crazy happens and I am able to spill the beans.

All good :)
macetastic at hotmail if you want to get hold of me

Return to Phoenix Suns