Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,327

Re: terry porter fired 

Post#61 » by TASTIC » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:15 am

Rodrizzle wrote:
TASTIC wrote:Says the guy who got kicked out of Carnegie Hall...

Suss Russ...

Highlight of the trip!!!
You enjoying watching games at night? U gonna watch the game afterwards too?

Yeah man it's awesome, even better not having to watch streams...though I had to watch Suns-Cle online yesterday

You sorted your NBA satellite out yet?
Definitely an all nighter
SteveNashMVP
Senior
And1: 0

Post#62 » by SteveNashMVP » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:15 am

why isn't this on nba.com
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#63 » by TASTIC » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:15 am

WTFsunsFTW wrote:Once it's official I would like everyone who has their pants off to record a video of yourself doing your best Goodbye Porter Dance and place it in the upcoming Pants Off Dance Off Competition Thread. Winner will receive an 8 hour massage by TASTIC.

Wait, how the hell did this happen?

I think mkot would rather do that... :D
Rodrizzle
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#64 » by Rodrizzle » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:18 am

TASTIC wrote:
WTFsunsFTW wrote:Once it's official I would like everyone who has their pants off to record a video of yourself doing your best Goodbye Porter Dance and place it in the upcoming Pants Off Dance Off Competition Thread. Winner will receive an 8 hour massage by TASTIC.

Wait, how the hell did this happen?

I think mkot would rather do that... :D

Not anything you queers didnt do last month :)
Get on msn man
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS....MY FRIEND!!!!
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#65 » by carrottop12 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:22 am

Coming out of a Utah Radio Station:

They got a text from a source close to the Suns organization saying Porter will be fired in the next 2 days. Congrats!
Orange_Blooded
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#66 » by Orange_Blooded » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:25 am

Sweet!!

Porter has never meshed with this team (<<captain obvious) although I thought he was the best coach available at the time. I was obviously wrong.

Hopefully Ivaroni takes over but I doubt Kerr and Sarver would ever give in to that. They seem too proud to admit their direction is wrong. Probably will be Gentry, but Maybe they'll give Thunder Dan a chance (long shot... but he's good at those) since he seems like the ultimate players coach and Porter was anything but that here.

Im happy as long as neither Porter or Kerr are the Coach against the Clipps next week since this team was obviously going nowhere this season... then again who knows what the roster will look like.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by TASTIC » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:25 am

OB, how about after the AS break you crack some of those magical game threads!? get us on a streak or something...
Orange_Blooded
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by Orange_Blooded » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:27 am

TASTIC wrote:OB, how about after the AS break you crack some of those magical game threads!? get us on a streak or something...

Sounds like a plan, recently got my photoshop back running, only prob is I dont know who will be on the squad, lol.
girlygirl
RealGM

Post#69 » by girlygirl » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:29 am

I still haven't seen any wire stories or reports on espn or whoever. TNT is in Phoenix, and they haven't said word one aout this. So why should I consider this anything more than an unsubstantiated rumor?
10scott10
Veteran
And1: 40

Post#70 » by 10scott10 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:54 am

if he is in fact fired, you guys should hire Ivaroni
Ming Kong! wrote:Greg Oden = Rickrolling a franchise
Mr. Sun
General Manager

Post#71 » by Mr. Sun » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:00 am

Phoenix Stan: "I also confirmed independently that Porter isn't long for Phoenix...timing is to help bury it in the all star hubbub"
ray ray
Sixth Man
And1: 762

Post#72 » by ray ray » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:03 am

Batronuj wrote:Coming out of a Utah Radio Station:

They got a text from a source close to the Suns organization saying Porter will be fired in the next 2 days. Congrats!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rock: :rock: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Its about time!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rock: :rock: :rock: :clap: :clap: :clap: :rocking: :rocking: :rofl2: :rofl2: :beer: :beer:
The Diesel
Veteran

Post#73 » by The Diesel » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:11 am

Until ESPN, TNT, Yahoo Sports, etc. report this, I'm not believing this.

I sure hope it's true, though.

Porter is one of the worst coaches in the NBA.

FIRE PORTER!
eastsidecrossover
Assistant Coach

Post#74 » by eastsidecrossover » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:28 am

Got a little excited until I could not find a link or a source that sounds solid to me. First off, it sucks to lose your job, but the dude gets a payout. He has been a huge mistake and I think that is on part of Kerrs ego. I am surprised because I did not see him firing him and just rather tear it down and rebuild it with Porter as HC and mold a team around his coaching and kerrs Philosophy.

Now if this is true, and I will not celebrate until I know it is, does this change this team around? Because I still do not think this team can win it all. They cant play D, they focus on Shaq and if they turn from that, he will get pissed, and we still have not backup PG or well, shoot, we have crap depth that will not help us.
hitachi7
Sophomore

Post#75 » by hitachi7 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:36 am

The Suns still shoot the highest FG% in the league. Has a team who has done that ever missed the playoffs? Assuming this team isn't blown up, start working on limiting the turnovers, which will help them not get caught in transition as often, and finally they can work on the defense.

I'm not holding my breath, but obviously this team can improve a lot.
ray ray
Sixth Man
And1: 762

Post#76 » by ray ray » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:46 am

eastsidecrossover wrote:Got a little excited until I could not find a link or a source that sounds solid to me. First off, it sucks to lose your job, but the dude gets a payout. He has been a huge mistake and I think that is on part of Kerrs ego. I am surprised because I did not see him firing him and just rather tear it down and rebuild it with Porter as HC and mold a team around his coaching and kerrs Philosophy.

Now if this is true, and I will not celebrate until I know it is, does this change this team around? Because I still do not think this team can win it all. They cant play D, they focus on Shaq and if they turn from that, he will get pissed, and we still have not backup PG or well, shoot, we have crap depth that will not help us.

Even with the recent struggles, I still believe that the Suns are as good as the second tier of teams( Rockets, Jazz, Nuggets, Portland, Dallas, Hornets) of course the Lakers and Spurs are the top two teams in the west. We can be as good as those teams especially with the talent that we have in our starting five. The Suns need to be around the 5-7 position , we are only 4 games away from being in the 4th seed!! I do believe that the Suns are going to pick it up in the second half and STAT is going to take it to the next level!!

GO SUNS!!
phxsports
Senior

Post#77 » by phxsports » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:52 am

i agree with you amare is going to dominate the second half of the season just like last season

that is if porter is fired and we keep amare
SunsWinSunsWin
Senior
And1: 396

Post#78 » by SunsWinSunsWin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:53 am

If this isn't true I will die a little inside.
realsunsfan
Rookie
And1: 132

Post#79 » by realsunsfan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:58 am

phxsports wrote:i agree with you amare is going to dominate the second half of the season just like last season

that is if porter is fired and we keep amare

Porter is as good as gone, tastic's/sdu's source is extemely reliable...... Pretty confident Amare stays and he will dominate the second half of the season.....
Classick
Banned User

Post#80 » by Classick » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:00 am

I hate it when people just make a thread with no source what so ever.

If this isn't true, then the guy who posted this should be IP banned.

Return to Phoenix Suns