Bellator General Discussion and Info

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#901 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 9, 2014 12:30 pm

'I would rather bob for apples in a lake of fire than watch that scene again' - Luke Thomas
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#902 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 9, 2014 1:23 pm

CPT wrote:If/when Ortiz/Bonnar actually fight, what are the odds it is a work? They might not work out all the details or even the winner, but I think they would have some kind of agreement in place to try to make it a "good" fight.

All I know is that I hope that, somehow someway, Ortiz smacks down Bonnar in a vicious fashion.

Just because I'm the type of dude who likes to watch the world burn.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#903 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 9, 2014 1:28 pm

I'm listening to Bonnar on the mmahour, the dude is a day trader now by profession. lol wow.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,256

Post#904 » by Shaazzam » Tue Sep 9, 2014 5:54 pm

REDDzone wrote:I'm listening to Bonnar on the mmahour, the dude is a day trader now by profession. lol wow.

he really is the american psycho
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#905 » by REDDzone » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:17 am

The inverted triangle was insanity.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,256

Post#906 » by Shaazzam » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:42 pm

Yeah that was lovely. He kept throwing his legs up and just couldn't catch the dudes head. And was it just me or was Beltran lighting up newton. Newton looked like ****. No gas, pretty lame clinch work and really was just hoping to land some spinning attack. Now he did and it was lovely about a minute into that fight I was like Beltran is going to win this belt. Holy ****.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#907 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:29 am

He was definitely pushing him back with some Diaz ****, Beltran was, but I don't know if it had accumulated that well ^^^

What would Bellator have done if Beltran actually became their belt-holder?? That would be a nightmare for them

I'm really excited to see Doug Marshall get put down. First fight back from steroid suspension (?), you get the newly-signed, lifelong roid maniac? That's gotta be a message right there.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#908 » by SDM » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:05 pm

Sean Wheelock on this week's Jim Cornette Experience, discussing his book with Art Davie about the start of UFC.

Some great stuff here, had no idea the savate guy (can't spell his name so won't try) used to break legs for the Dutch mob and would carry a switchblade. I knew he was a jerk who gouged out someone's eyes, but figured that would be the worst of it.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#909 » by REDDzone » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:17 pm

SDM wrote:Sean Wheelock on this week's Jim Cornette Experience, discussing his book with Art Davie about the start of UFC.

Some great stuff here, had no idea the savate guy (can't spell his name so won't try) used to break legs for the Dutch mob and would carry a switchblade. I knew he was a jerk who gouged out someone's eyes, but figured that would be the worst of it.

I believe that dude is still running a martial arts school somewhere in Europe.

He should be in prison.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#910 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:55 pm

Huh. Always felt bad for that guy after Royce held the sub late.

Hope Wheelock makes it to JRE. I am nut reading no book.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#911 » by REDDzone » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:08 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:Huh. Always felt bad for that guy after Royce held the sub late.

Hope Wheelock makes it to JRE. I am nut reading no book.

Well to be fair Royce held the sub late because the dude bit him before that.

Have you watched Choke? I believe it was in that tournament that he blinded Yuki Nakai.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#912 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:04 pm

Haha. Marshall wanted none of that. You could see him broken at the weigh-in. Flopped like Liston and got out of there.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#913 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:05 pm

They just showed DC, Kos, and Rockhold on cam...something I don't think either org would have allowed 2 months ago.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#914 » by REDDzone » Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:12 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:They just showed DC, Kos, and Rockhold on cam...something I don't think either org would have allowed 2 months ago.

And something strikeforce was ALL about. lol.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#915 » by Bernman » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Enjoy Bellator this week. This might be the best card they put on until the promotion's demise. Halsey-Shlemenko, Held-Pitbull, and Richman-West are all real matches which could produce some higher level MMA and fireworks. After this they're putting cards together like Colossus-Alexander and Neer-Bradley. lol They either intentionally have no long-term plan because their short-term plan is to sell, or they're just too inept to have a long-term plan. Because there is nothing gained from many of the match-ups they put together in the long run. They aren't building many more viable fighters or a fan base base thru people being impressed with their product after they see it. They are just trying to draw a few more eyes in the interim by showcasing borderline names of the UFC on Spike era.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#916 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:54 pm

Re-watched that Manhoef pre- and post-fight. Marshall was beaten at the weigh in, you could see it. Manhoef turned his back when DM tried to shake hands and the chagrin in Marshall's reaction said it all. There was no lash back, he didn't have it, he tried to shrug it off but was totally & inescapably belittled. After the fight, he was a needy supplicant. Tried to bro it up but it was forced.

He never had had an expectation of being able to win. I don't think I've seen that kind of psychological effect so clear.

Maybe as much Manhoef as not being able to show up with his usual cocktail of synthetic courage. Not feeling your usual aggression and clear-minded focus has got to be frightening, self-doubting.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#917 » by Bernman » Sat Oct 4, 2014 4:30 pm

I think Rafa Silva might be one of the best wrestlers in MMA, and the best in Bellator.

I mean we're talking about a guy who was easily out-wrestling Joe Warren until he gassed hard to due to taking a 5-rd title fight against him on super short notice.

And last night he was taking Emerson down almost at will.

His shot is tremendously well-timed, quick, strong, and low. And he's got the strength, technique, and moves to execute clinch td's efficiently too.

He's a lot like GSP in the wrestling department in that he didn't come from a wrestling background but just adapted that skill really well for MMA.

As much as I love Dantas, I think he'll be a big threat to him, if he gets thru Warren next week (very excited for that fight, part of me feels guilty for rooting for Warren to get brutally ko'ed again, but he makes it easier with his big mouth and trt use).

Also thrilled that Page is back next week. He makes every card a must watch. He's getting a real test in Burrell. At least after facing Rainey and Burrell, we'll know he's completely legit in the stand-up department if he schools them both. The wrestling test is down the line.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#918 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Oct 6, 2014 1:52 am

I had to take satisfaction in a volume 11 evangelical - 'God won't let me lose' - like Wilcox getting KTFOd.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#919 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Oct 6, 2014 2:27 am

Sokoudjou on the prelims of the last event...
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#920 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Oct 6, 2014 11:42 am

Does Manhoef take Schilling down? I'd guess no, and I'd guess he KOs that sloppy MFer.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts