props to C.lupus
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Re: Bellator General Discussion and Info 

Post#882 » by Cammo101 » Tue Aug 5, 2014 10:07 pm

Bernman wrote:#Bjorn_was_Bellator's_Problem

LOL

I'm on record as being anti-Coker to Bellator as well.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#883 » by blkout » Sat Aug 9, 2014 2:56 am

Bellator got rid of War Machine, some minor positive marijuana test or something. Oh no wait, he beat the living **** out of his girlfriend. What a lunatic.

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/bellator-r ... ltercation
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#884 » by Bernman » Fri Sep 5, 2014 2:50 pm

Pitbull-Curran 2 is on tonight at the same time as the UFC card. It will be airing simultaneously to a lesser fw fight in Oliveira-Lentz. Make sure you at least switch over for that one at 9:45 EST or so, lest risk being one of the suckers like who missed Chandler-Alvarez 1 or got it spoiled for them. We already know this match-up the first time produced a pretty sick fight, and Curran's last fight was a classic. So there is a good shot this one will be as well. I don't know why people just can't watch both cards and switch back and forth on a little tape delay. For me that way is better because of less lulls in the action. But some are weirdos where they have to watch sports at the exact time they happen, as if they'll have control over what happens then.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Bernman
RealGM

Post#885 » by Bernman » Fri Sep 5, 2014 3:29 pm

Actually, I just realized with UFC changing times, that the main event of the Bellator card coincides with the end of the UFC prelims and beginning of UFC main card. There may not even be a fight going on most of the time. So you are an even bigger sucker if you don't switch over and at least watch Pitbull-Curran.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#886 » by REDDzone » Fri Sep 5, 2014 4:43 pm

Bernman wrote:Actually, I just realized with UFC changing times, that the main event of the Bellator card coincides with the end of the UFC prelims and beginning of UFC main card. There may not even be a fight going on most of the time. So you are an even bigger sucker if you don't switch over and at least watch Pitbull-Curran.

ufc scared homie
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#887 » by Jasen777 » Sat Sep 6, 2014 12:21 am

When they talk about not having any ground game, they are talking about Lavar Johnson.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#888 » by Jasen777 » Sat Sep 6, 2014 12:24 am

Bobby Lashley does not qualify for the "'I'd be a little surprised if he took PEDs" list.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#889 » by REDDzone » Sat Sep 6, 2014 3:12 am

Pitbull def. deserved it. Good fight.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,267

Post#890 » by Shaazzam » Sat Sep 6, 2014 3:25 am

so i havent watched the card yet but what the **** was that with tito and bonner?
that was even more absurd then what i thought those two muppets conjure up
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#891 » by REDDzone » Sat Sep 6, 2014 6:01 am

Seriously, this is so cringeworthy, I could barely watch. Literally, 100% out of a tna scene, omg. The mask, the faces Bonnar was making, do you think Dana let him go to intentionally sabotage bellator? Serious question, I'm reeling from this.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDIrhndo1gc[/youtube]
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#892 » by ShowtimeFan » Sat Sep 6, 2014 7:30 pm

Yep, pit bull beat chandler the in their second match-up, that just sets up a third fight you know...
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#893 » by CPT » Sat Sep 6, 2014 10:30 pm

REDDzone wrote:Seriously, this is so cringeworthy, I could barely watch. Literally, 100% out of a tna scene, omg. The mask, the faces Bonnar was making, do you think Dana let him go to intentionally sabotage bellator? Serious question, I'm reeling from this.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDIrhndo1gc[/youtube]

lol

Why was Kenny Powers wearing a mask?

On the bright side, this incident probably knocked a good 6 months off the "UFC buys Bellator" countdown.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#894 » by Bernman » Sun Sep 7, 2014 8:48 pm

Indeed, it was cringeworthy.

I don't think Bonnar was sent to Bellator to sabotage them. That's just his personality. SurferKen on youtube remarked when he was announcing for WEC he sounded like he belonged at a monster truck rally instead. Pro wrestling is in that family of entertainment. He's very over the top. Also, Dana has a much better relationship with Bellator now that Coker has taken over. I wouldn't be surprised if he sends them Overeem to return the favor for Alvarez.

All this shouldn't overshadow one of the FOY candidates in Pitbull/Curran. I knew that would be a good fight, and it exceeded my expectations. Like CPT said, maybe the upside of part of their show being a cheap knock-off of pro wrestling is that we may get to see these guys in UFC sooner. I think both Pitbull and Curran would be contenders at 145. Pitbull would be the champ at 135 if he ever chose to drop down and chase a title. He has a kryptonite style for everyone in Team Alpha Male.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#895 » by CPT » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:36 am

I only just found out that that was Justin McCully. LMAO.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#896 » by Cammo101 » Mon Sep 8, 2014 8:27 pm

Bernman wrote:Indeed, it was cringeworthy.

I don't think Bonnar was sent to Bellator to sabotage them. That's just his personality. SurferKen on youtube remarked when he was announcing for WEC he sounded like he belonged at a monster truck rally instead. Pro wrestling is in that family of entertainment. He's very over the top. Also, Dana has a much better relationship with Bellator now that Coker has taken over. I wouldn't be surprised if he sends them Overeem to return the favor for Alvarez.

All this shouldn't overshadow one of the FOY candidates in Pitbull/Curran. I knew that would be a good fight, and it exceeded my expectations. Like CPT said, maybe the upside of part of their show being a cheap knock-off of pro wrestling is that we may get to see these guys in UFC sooner. I think both Pitbull and Curran would be contenders at 145. Pitbull would be the champ at 135 if he ever chose to drop down and chase a title. He has a kryptonite style for everyone in Team Alpha Male.

100% agree with all of this.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#897 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Sep 8, 2014 10:58 pm

Listen @Lowkey1324, @titoortiz is a self absorbed ego maniac.The world needed 2 know.Tito, Coker, @BellatorMMA & @SpikeTV, didn’t know ****! It was all me & @JustinMcCully. If u wanna hate us 4 pulling a pro wrestling esque promo off while calling tito out on the BS he’s pulled on people over the years..Then by all means, go buy yourself some punishment gear, a front row ticket, and be sure to bring a rain coat, cuz things r gonna get bloody.

Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#898 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Sep 8, 2014 10:59 pm

Bonnar loves pro wrestling, listen to him on the Stone Cold podcast. He is a huge fan, always and to this day.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#899 » by CPT » Tue Sep 9, 2014 5:10 am

If/when Ortiz/Bonnar actually fight, what are the odds it is a work? They might not work out all the details or even the winner, but I think they would have some kind of agreement in place to try to make it a "good" fight.

Is it unfair to make that jump based on the fact that a man was wearing a mask inside the Bellator cage?
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#900 » by Jasen777 » Tue Sep 9, 2014 5:55 am

CPT wrote:I only just found out that that was Justin McCully. LMAO.

That was the strangest thing to me. It seems to me the mask deal is only going to work if you yank it off and it's someone everyone knows. (Not realistic I know, but) Imagine if it was Dana White...

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts