World Series of Fighting Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Re: World Series of Fighting Thread 

Post#181 » by Cammo101 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:05 am

MelosSoreWrist wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:My complaint about the reffing there was about the eye gouging. I agree there's not a whole lot more he could do about the sub. But how many warnings to you get before you take a point? Palhares probably should have been disqualified before the third round.

It looks pretty bad.

Disgusting. Herb Dean has the occasional bad stoppage, but nonsense like this doesn't go on in his fights. This is a combination of a dirty fighter and a terrible referee with no clue what is going on around him.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#182 » by REDDzone » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:19 am

Cammo101 wrote:
Disgusting. Herb Dean has the occasional bad stoppage, but nonsense like this doesn't go on in his fights. This is a combination of a dirty fighter and a terrible referee with no clue what is going on around him.

Herb sucks because he's so inconsistent. You never know what you are going to get with him. He may have stopped it perfectly, he may have let Palhares crank it for 5 extra seconds, or he may have stopped it before Shields ever tapped. Its like a happy meal (is that still a thing?), you just never know.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#183 » by REDDzone » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:20 am

Yea I was addressing the stoppage specifically. The eye raking was ridiculous and should have been addressed. He actually did address it at one point and Palhares literally immediately went directly back to it and there were no repurcussions.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#184 » by REDDzone » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:22 am

CPT wrote:Palhares is a dirty dirty fighter, but dammit I'm interested in his fights. The eye gouging seemed intentional, and the hold on the kimura definitely was. But the guy just tapped Jake Shields. That's pretty impressive.

I never thought I'd ever see Shields be submitted. After that, I feel like I could see anyone in the sport be submitted, outside of maybe Jacare/Maia. That said, it was pretty clear to me that Shields was limited due to the eye raking. He was so panicked for takedowns because I think he was having issues with his vision and didn't want to take a big shot standing.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#185 » by Bernman » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:01 am

REDDzone wrote:Herb sucks because he's so inconsistent. You never know what you are going to get with him. He may have stopped it perfectly, he may have let Palhares crank it for 5 extra seconds, or he may have stopped it before Shields ever tapped. Its like a happy meal (is that still a thing?), you just never know.

Yeah, you'll get one extreme or another with him these days. On his more indecisive nights, Palhares would release a sub without even being prompted first. Then Herb would still be standing there confused as to what to do. Finally wave his hands like 10 seconds later while Palhares is straddling the cage lip and spectators are dipping Shields' twisted arm in hot mustard.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#186 » by REDDzone » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:15 am

I LOLzed at that one.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#187 » by CPT » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:04 am

REDDzone wrote:
CPT wrote:Palhares is a dirty dirty fighter, but dammit I'm interested in his fights. The eye gouging seemed intentional, and the hold on the kimura definitely was. But the guy just tapped Jake Shields. That's pretty impressive.

I never thought I'd ever see Shields be submitted. After that, I feel like I could see anyone in the sport be submitted, outside of maybe Jacare/Maia. That said, it was pretty clear to me that Shields was limited due to the eye raking. He was so panicked for takedowns because I think he was having issues with his vision and didn't want to take a big shot standing.

And that's different from Shields in any other fight how? ;)
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#188 » by Cammo101 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 5:59 am

CPT wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

And that's different from Shields in any other fight how? ;)

Except Shields was beating Palhares handily in the standup for two rounds, until he magically couldn't see anymore.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#189 » by REDDzone » Mon Aug 3, 2015 12:34 pm

Lol, I can't say I didn't see that one coming, but there was a marked difference from the beginning of the fight and the end of the fight.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#190 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 3, 2015 2:49 pm

REDDzone wrote:Also, Mazaggati didn't do a terrible job despite how bad he is in general. I did think it was funny pre fight when some mma media were saying that its too bad Herb was in Brazil because ideally he would be in the cage for a Palhares fight.

Pretty hilarious given how late and bad Herb's stoppages have been lately. Palhares would probably still be wrenching that sub if Herbie were in there.

But he just tapped on his back, he didn't break up the submission. McCarthy is a self-absorbed, it's-all-about-me douche but he would have jumped in to ease off the lock.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#191 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:05 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Good call, have either won a fight since they all stomped Mayhem together on strikeforce?

They are a combined 2-6 since 2011. Yet people still care about them for a reason I can't seem to figure out.

srsly stfu

Not everyone watches fighting by way of scrolling FightFinder. The bros Diaz are **** amazing, they 100% have the most interesting style in the history of MMA. And the most relentless personalities that you can get. There is so much to fighting that is more itneresting than winning/losing, shut yer mouth.

In terms of memorable fights, Nick and Nate have an easy 10 classic wins that will run shivers of pleasure up my spine 50 years from now. Nate against Cowboy, Markham, and Maynard. Are you kidding me? Recall those fights! The slow destruction of those 3 men by way of a totally inconceivable method. These crazy power athletes dying the death of a thousand slaps. I will be in hospice care 50 years from now, if I recall those fights, my jaw will still drop in amazement at how that happened. And the Nick wins are countless. Shamrock, Cyborg, Gomi, Daley, BJ. Do you own a **** soul, Cammo? And they put everything in the line, relentless infant rage - it's not sporting to them. Listen to Shamrock explain what happens from that pitter-patter..the effect it has on the body. Woah!

Whatever, I'm not in a position to spend 30 minutes articulating why the Diaz brothers are amazing. Everyone thoughtful understands. Top 2 reasons you're clueless.

You "can't figure it out"??? LOL.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#192 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:09 pm

REDDzone wrote:Not to defend Mazagatti, but...

1) He didn't jump in late, really.

2) Just the nature of the double wrist lock position, I don't think its as easy to physically stop as you seem to think. Were it a heel hook, inverted or otherwise, its easy to pull away the attacking hand or else pry away the gable grip to relieve pressure on the knee. But the kimura? IDK how you physically stop that one, especially without risk of cranking the attacked dude's arm even more, especially in the hear of the moment. One option would have been for him to physically lift Palhares off of Jake's torso and allow Jake to spin and take away to angle to relieve pressure, but we both know that wasn't happening lol. Otherwise there is a wrist of wrenching the sub even more as you entangle your arms with theirs...

I'm no grab-ass-playing fairy but you go over his shoulder, right to left, with your right arm and then grab his wrist from the inside. You're not going to be stronger than him but you can initiate the movement perhaps Tapping him on the shoulder?? At least cue the man. He seems to have a cognitive deficit. Jump in and initiate the muscular reflexes or soemthing.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,869

Post#193 » by Jasen777 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:10 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:srsly stfu

You seem to be taking that a bit personally, are you that guy in the Diaz entourage that Khabib punched?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#194 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:12 pm

What would be the maximum fine for repeatedly holding on to submissions? I'd try that if it hasn't been done yet. If it has, suspension/ban.

I'd be fine with no sanctions. He's so exciting is Palhares.

In some sense I think it would be unfair for him to punished for the eye-raking when the ref did not sufficiently assert himself. What is there after the fact that allows a judgment to come down on Palhares that the ref didn't have access to?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#195 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:13 pm

Jasen777 wrote:

You seem to be taking that a bit personally, are you that guy in the Diaz entourage that Khabib punched?

NORCAL
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#196 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:21 pm

I did almost make a trip / pilgrimage to Stockton when in California last year. A friend from California was incredulous and talked me out.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#197 » by Susan » Mon Aug 3, 2015 3:53 pm

REDDzone
RealGM

Post#198 » by REDDzone » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:39 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Also, Mazaggati didn't do a terrible job despite how bad he is in general. I did think it was funny pre fight when some mma media were saying that its too bad Herb was in Brazil because ideally he would be in the cage for a Palhares fight.

Pretty hilarious given how late and bad Herb's stoppages have been lately. Palhares would probably still be wrenching that sub if Herbie were in there.

But he just tapped on his back, he didn't break up the submission. McCarthy is a self-absorbed, it's-all-about-me douche but he would have jumped in to ease off the lock.

There is at least SOME small chance that McCarthy would have been bellowing YOU gotta WORK!!!!!!1111111 at the top of his lungs while Shields was tapping.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#199 » by Cammo101 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:45 pm

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:

There is at least SOME small chance that McCarthy would have been bellowing YOU gotta WORK!!!!!!1111111 at the top of his lungs while Shields was tapping.

LOL. Between the 2nd and 3rd round after Shield's eyes had been gouged to death, Big John would just keep telling him he's fine.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#200 » by Cammo101 » Mon Aug 3, 2015 4:46 pm

Jasen777 wrote:

He almost has to be that guy to even remember that Nate fought Rory freaking Markham at one time.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts