TUF: Nations Cote (CAN) vs. Noke (AUS); Finale 4/16

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: TUF: Nations Cote (CAN) vs. Noke (AUS); Finale 4/16 

Post#41 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:51 am

blkout wrote:I'm placing this event in the "return those hours to my life immediately" pile which is growing at an alarming rate. I've given up on WMMA, I loved it to start but there's no one worth giving a **** about and the fights outside of Rousey are becoming increasingly boring. I think my interest in the sport is at an all time low, it bores the life out of me. Even the knockouts did nothing for me because I didn't care about the guys fighting.

It was a very good event, it was fine. I don't get this at all.

Dustin Poirier is 25 and has 8 wins in the UFC, a guy like this is always exciting to watch. And he finishes and scraps and is good everywhere.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#42 » by blkout » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:55 am

If this is what constitutes a "very good event" either you've dropped your standards or the sport has passed me by.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#43 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:05 am

It was absolutely a very good event, even the TUF fights were technical and good. Not one dud that I've seen. Brutal KOs, lots of damage in the Elias/Westcott, Cote/Noke, Poirier/Kurawasani fight, that TUF guy against the judo TUFer looked fantastically technical as a come-forward fighter...

5 years ago there were also TUF finales, look them up and tell me this is in anyway a drop-off. They'd be packed with the TUF duds fighting each other, 5-6 TUF fights/card, this was way above that standard.

And - look it up - this is nothing new to pair a TUF finale on a Wed before a larger Saturday event. This has also been happening for years.

I respectfully would say the difference is you or perception.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#44 » by REDDzone » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:24 am

cowboyronnie wrote:Elias is making a run at Doug Marshall's crown as biggest douchebag in MMA. You don't need to disrespect your opponent with a "hi mom" during grappling.

I didn't see it, but can it really be as bad as Rory doing the Ali shuffle to mock the concussed corpse of BJ Penn?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#45 » by Cammo101 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:50 am

cowboyronnie wrote:It was absolutely a very good event, even the TUF fights were technical and good. Not one dud that I've seen. Brutal KOs, lots of damage in the Elias/Westcott, Cote/Noke, Poirier/Kurawasani fight, that TUF guy against the judo TUFer looked fantastically technical as a come-forward fighter...

5 years ago there were also TUF finales, look them up and tell me this is in anyway a drop-off. They'd be packed with the TUF duds fighting each other, 5-6 TUF fights/card, this was way above that standard.

And - look it up - this is nothing new to pair a TUF finale on a Wed before a larger Saturday event. This has also been happening for years.

I respectfully would say the difference is you or perception.

100% agree. We used to have TUF Finales that were all guys from the show except for the main event. The way they do it now is 100 times better.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#46 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:03 am

I think there were a couple seasons where every contestant got a fight on the finale. And where like Bubba McDaniel was on the maincard straight off teh show (or whatever).
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#47 » by cowboyronnie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:04 am

REDDzone wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Elias is making a run at Doug Marshall's crown as biggest douchebag in MMA. You don't need to disrespect your opponent with a "hi mom" during grappling.

I didn't see it, but can it really be as bad as Rory doing the Ali shuffle to mock the concussed corpse of BJ Penn?

I'm talking his overall demeanor...
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#48 » by blkout » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:17 am

Honestly I preferred the events having more TUF guys, since the reason I was watching the finale is because I watched the whole season and had an interest in them. Would rather see two guys desperate to make an impression because they got knocked out earlier in TUF than a bunch of who gives a **** guys already in the UFC.

Though reading back I really think my problem was sitting through all the prelims. I wanted the thing to be over before the main card had even started.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#49 » by CPT » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:09 pm

I kind of agree with you. Maybe not about the TUF guys, but that might be because I don't watch every episode of every season anymore. When I do, I'd like to see a lot of the guys from the cast as well.

There was nothing wrong with this card. Not a bad fight on it, that I can think of. But I don't know that there was a whole lot right with it either. Some good action, some nice finishes, but for the most part a whole lot of mediocrity that I don't really care about.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#50 » by Cammo101 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:30 pm

blkout wrote:Honestly I preferred the events having more TUF guys, since the reason I was watching the finale is because I watched the whole season and had an interest in them. Would rather see two guys desperate to make an impression because they got knocked out earlier in TUF than a bunch of who gives a **** guys already in the UFC.

Though reading back I really think my problem was sitting through all the prelims. I wanted the thing to be over before the main card had even started.

Watch them in reverse order. Do the main card first, and then come back to the prelims when you have free time. I have the same issue sometimes where I've watched 9 fights by the time the main card starts and I'm ready for a break and a nap.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts