UFC 171: Hendricks vs Lawler

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: UFC 171: Hendricks vs Lawler 

Post#141 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Just give it to Condit..."earned" or not, we all know he's dead even with Hendricks.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#142 » by REDDzone » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:45 pm

Lawler looked to me like he was doing some crazy wing chun moves or something with his hands. It also seemed like this fight took place at a pretty crazy close range. Boxing range, it seemed somewhat atypical for an mma fight.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#143 » by UN-Owen » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Imagine you're Woodley, you've just slammed Condit to the ground and after crying out in pain he says "Wood, I think I just tore my ACL"

What would you do?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#144 » by REDDzone » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:50 pm

UN-Owen wrote:Imagine you're Woodley, you've just slammed Condit to the ground and after crying out in pain he says "Wood, I think I just tore my ACL"

What would you do?

Punch his knee? Stomp his knee? Go for a heel hook or inside heel hook or kneebar (whichever one damages the acl more)?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#145 » by Bernman » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:23 pm

REDDzone wrote:Let some combination of Rory/Woodley/Lombard fight for it. Or better yet, add a 4th WW to that mix and hold both fights on the same card and see who emerges as the best, kind of like they were supposed to do with Shogun/Vera/Machida/Bader at LHW a year or two ago.

You stole that idea from me. I'll take it as paying homage though. :)
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#146 » by CPT » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:41 pm

REDDzone wrote:
UN-Owen wrote:Imagine you're Woodley, you've just slammed Condit to the ground and after crying out in pain he says "Wood, I think I just tore my ACL"

What would you do?

Punch his knee? Stomp his knee? Go for a heel hook or inside heel hook or kneebar (whichever one damages the acl more)?

Sounds savage, but that's what you'd have to do. Notify the ref of an injury, not your opponent.

That didn't actually happen though, did it?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#147 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:29 am

CPT wrote:Sounds savage, but that's what you'd have to do. Notify the ref of an injury, not your opponent.

That's the martial part of martial arts. :D

Never tape one knee/ankle/foot/hand/wrist, tape both.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#148 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:22 pm

I'd like to see Rory vs Lombard for #1 contender. Lawler vs Woodley, Condit vs M Brown, Maia vs N Diaz.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#149 » by REDDzone » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:53 pm

I'd like to see Lombard/Rory or Lombard/Woodley. For some reason I feel like Rory/Woodley could be boring.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#150 » by Bernman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:50 pm

For my 4 men enter 1 man leave with a title shot at UFC 174 idea (that RZ adopted), I think these match-ups make the most sense from a combined entertainment, marketing, merit, and feasibility perspective:

Nick Diaz vs. Hector Lombard
Rory MacDonald vs. Tyron Woodley

You might be able to throw Saffiedine-DHK in there later if Tarec beats DHK without too much trouble. Although I fear Stun Gun would be put back in the holster for Glue Gun. But it would be the only match to make at that point. If Ellenberger beat Saff they could throw him in there as not a contender per se but test for DHK, and I think that would bring out the Stun Gun although he might be the one getting stunned in the end.

Then just take the guy who looks the best on a rocket ship to a title shot.

I think putting Diaz on the card makes sense because he has main event potential, and right now I don't know where they are going with that otherwise for the event. Ideally I'd want to put him against Rory, but then that leaves Lombard and Woodley, who are ATT teammates. As is we'd have two guys who come forward and throw controlled in the pocket like Lombard and Diaz. That could be fun. In the other, it could be another mundane jab fest by Rory, but Woodley is fairly athletic, and the attempt didn't work against Lawler. I'm hopeful Rory would get beat up.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#151 » by cowboyronnie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:00 am

Diaz vs Lombard, holy eff that would be great.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts