Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 3

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 3 

Post#1981 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Oct 7, 2015 10:20 pm

At least they're talking fighting. Rather than pontificating on the nature of achieving success, managing success, and having made it.

Brendan had previously said he no longer wanted to talk fighting.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#1982 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Oct 7, 2015 10:33 pm

Schaub just gave a dismissive, passive aggro, "hmmm" to Bryan saying, "Hendricks can't beat Weidman". There is not much more incontrovertible.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,636

Post#1983 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Oct 7, 2015 10:54 pm

REDDzone wrote:Listening to Fighter and Kid with Bang.

Still don't like Bang. Also, does Schaub just say dumb sh*t for shock factor or does he believe it? "Brandon Thatch could never train stand-up again and still beat everyone at 170 standing".

Except for last fight when he was dropped by Gunnar Nelson who has been training standup for like 3.5 months total? lol.

Yeah I still don't like Bang even after listening to the episode. I guess a big part of that is both Callen and Schaub's nut-hugging of their guests.

Also totally agree about Schaub saying ridiculous things like that. I've heard many times when Callen says something like a wrestler should be prioritising their stand up since it's working on their weakness and Schaub would put him in his place by saying the wrestler should prioritise his grappling and keep working on his strengths. Seems totally counter-intuitive in becoming a "complete martial artist" when you're prioritising what you're already great at.

I still love the podcasts though especially just when they are talking amongst themselves. A lot of good humor. But when there's guests on, it's really hit and miss
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,430

Post#1984 » by Susan » Thu Oct 8, 2015 4:52 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV1djSJb9BM[/youtube]

Rampage has been calling people on his Twitch stream. Good to know Rashad doesn't like dragons.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#1985 » by REDDzone » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:46 am

SDM wrote:Lentz cut a scathing promo on BJ on dropped the mic on You're Welcome. Easy top 3 promo in MMA ever.

Alright this is my third time trying to post this on this garbage site, but...

Lentz would destroy BJ, that's the sad thing. Not even close to a competitive fight at this stage.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,636

Post#1986 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:48 am

"He's talking about how it's an amazing opportunity money-wise or whatever," Faber says. "Pfff, you gotta be kidding me, dude. You could dedicate yourself to mowing lawns for Sanchez Carlino's business and make the same amount of money if you do it full time."

Faber also alleged that Dillashaw's short fuse has resulted in him hurting people in sparring:

"When you have a family environment, you have people that have different little issues. T.J.'s thing has been that he has a bad temper and he hurts people in practice and does stuff. He's got a temper and doesn't hold back sometimes," Faber notes.

"I'm like, 'It doesn't make sense for you to come in and spar with our guys,'" Faber says he explained.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/10/9/9491319/urijah-faber-discusses-big-boy-decision-tj-dillashaw-leave-team-alpha-male-ufc-news

Damn dude's sounding salty
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts