Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 3

Moderator: lilfishi22

CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 3 

Post#1 » by CPT » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:16 am

The old thread is getting up near 100 pages, and all conversations seem to have resolved themselves (if not, continue them here), so it's time for a new thread.

Again, if you think a thread based on a post in here could make it to a second page of discussion (unlike most Fight Pass events), go ahead and make a separate thread. It's better to err on the side of more threads, because otherwise things can get lost, conversations can be hard to follow, etc.

Also, if the piece of news is a fight announcement, post it in the thread for that event. If there isn't one on the first page, make one. The conversation will have to go there eventually anyway.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 3 

Post#2 » by SDM » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:13 pm

Chael Sonnen gave out Stephanie McMahon's phone number on OTR last night. The number was blurred out, but producers called it after the show and it was the real deal.

It really sounds like he's going to make the jump to pro wrestling. I know there's been mutual interest between Chael/WWE for some time and with the new TRT policies in fight jurisdictions... Probably too old to step in the ring and learn how not to hurt people while tossing them around, but he's got endless potential as a mouthpiece.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#3 » by Headliner » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:07 pm

SDM wrote:Chael Sonnen gave out Stephanie McMahon's phone number on OTR last night. The number was blurred out, but producers called it after the show and it was the real deal.

It really sounds like he's going to make the jump to pro wrestling. I know there's been mutual interest between Chael/WWE for some time and with the new TRT policies in fight jurisdictions... Probably too old to step in the ring and learn how not to hurt people while tossing them around, but he's got endless potential as a mouthpiece.

I'm not sure if it will translate though.
He's a promo cutter, which will be good, but if you put it in the context of the wwe, he's nothing special. Those guys have professional writers and teams preparing them. I'm not so sure Sonnen would stand out.
In the wwe it's more like acting. You need to sell lines, feelings, emotion, and not just promo cut. In the 80s that would work, but not now.

It's like Jordan as a baseball player, he might have been the best baseball player in the nba but put him on MLB and he's average to lower tier.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#4 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:56 pm

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#5 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:38 pm

Dennis Siver tests positive for banned substance following UFC 168
By Ariel Helwani  @arielhelwani on Mar 15 2014, 3:32p 4

Almost three months later, the UFC 168 drug test results are finally in, and they contain one positive result.

UFC featherweight Dennis Siver tested positive for the banned substance human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) following his unanimous decision win over Manny Gamburyan on Dec. 28, Nevada Athletic Chairman Francisco Aguilar informed MMAFighting.com on Saturday.

"The Nevada Attorney General's office is preparing the appropriate complaint for the State of the Nevada," Aguilar said. He didn't reveal Siver's exact hCG level or what kind of punishment he might receive.

Most commonly known as a female fertility drug, hCG is typically used by steroid users in an effort to restart their testosterone production following steroid usage.

The UFC 168 drug tests results were delayed because both Siver and Siyar Bahadurzada's "A" samples came back inconclusive. As a result, both of their "B" samples were tested and only Siver's came back positive. The other 21 fighters on the card passed their drug tests.

MMAFighting.com contacted Siver two weeks ago for a comment on his inconclusive test, but the German fighter did not respond.

Former MLB star Manny Ramirez most famously tested positive for hCG in 2009 and was subsequently suspended for 50 games. For more on hCG's presence in sports, click here.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#6 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:14 pm

hey bros, Mac Danzig retired. could see that coming. he'd put everything into some new training methods and they just didn't pan-out. interesting guy, interesting fighter. wish he got more media time to document his training.

as an aside, LOL. listening to Mac Danzig on the Ari Schaffir's "skeptic" (choke and die) podcast. the Skeptic states without irony, "Tate Fletcher told me humans weren't designed to process grains". paleobrotology.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#7 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:20 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:as an aside, LOL. listening to Mac Danzig on the Ari Schaffir's "skeptic" (choke and die) podcast. the Skeptic states without irony, "Tate Fletcher told me humans weren't designed to process grains". paleobrotology.

Ari Shaffir calling himself a skeptic is almost as ironic as the phrase "Joe Rogan Questions Everything". Such a lack of self-awareness.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#8 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:42 pm

GSP said on Ariel's show that everything he said in public he had said to the zuffa brass just before. So all that feigned shock and indignation about GSP's comments were more Dana/Lorenzo lies. The whole "be a man GSP" comments from the boxerciser...he had actually said it to their faces just before that.

Also, he is essentially saying that he isn't interested in coming back unless the sport is cleaned up, basically.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#9 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Woodley also on Ariel's show. I had NO issues with anything Woodley did the other night, the celebrating, none of it. But he irritates me in this interview. He basically says he earned the victory, but takes away from Weidman's win by saying that its not like he won by just lifting his leg. Both should be given credit for their wins imo.

He then goes on to basically admit stalling. He says he was punching, then he heard Condit groaning from the injury, and stopped punching to try to get a ref standup so he could attack the leg. This is a huge reason why I hate the bs standups. He couldn't or wouldn't escape Condit's closed guard, so he appeals to the artificial bs and gets a standup? ugh. Not saying he wouldn't have won anyway, but still, hate that random subjective aspect of it.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#10 » by Headliner » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:13 pm

I don't ever listen to the podcasts, so I just want to say thanks for all of the updates. They are always appreciated.

I love that GSP has took a stand on an issue that he sees as important. He hasn't called out anyone by name, but you have to think he knows a lot of guys that on the juice if he thinks the issue is that wide spread.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#11 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:24 pm

Headliner wrote:I don't ever listen to the podcasts, so I just want to say thanks for all of the updates. They are always appreciated.

I love that GSP has took a stand on an issue that he sees as important. He hasn't called out anyone by name, but you have to think he knows a lot of guys that on the juice if he thinks the issue is that wide spread.

I know you are a GSP fan, so I encourage you to listen to the interviews. I do audio only but I think if you go to mmafighting.com you can listen to individual interviews instead of the whole 3-4 hour deal like I do.

I only say that because I listen while working so pretty much everything I post is my own interpretation. So hopefully I'm not changing GSP's message by omitting stuff or highlighting the stuff I find interesting, etc.

But yea you can tell the dude is passionate about this. In this interview and others he has stated how mma is like the one and only sport that allows TRT, for example. He seemed really happy that they banned it. At the same time though, imo the zuffa brass and their scathing remarks kind of scared him out of too much criticism imo. He said the commissions are doing fine and the ufc is doing fine, but changes need to be made with the testing. I don't understand who he thinks needs to be held accountable if both the ufc and the commissions are fine.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,873

Post#12 » by Jasen777 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:56 pm

REDDzone wrote:GSP said on Ariel's show that everything he said in public he had said to the zuffa brass just before. So all that feigned shock and indignation about GSP's comments were more Dana/Lorenzo lies. The whole "be a man GSP" comments from the boxerciser...he had actually said it to their faces just before that.

So it was a complete smear attempt, instead of just being stupid and reacting badly? Doesn't matter really though, I don't have any respect for Dana left to lose.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#13 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Jasen777 wrote:So it was a complete smear attempt, instead of just being stupid and reacting badly? Doesn't matter really though, I don't have any respect for Dana left to lose.

IDK man maybe Dana was specifically referring to the monopoly comments instead of the ped comments when he did the whole tough guy thing and GSP had only brought one of those up to the brass. I just gave my interpretation, its worth the listen. GSP seemed to me to be trying to emphasize the fact that he had confronted zuffa with his issues prior.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#14 » by REDDzone » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:04 pm

I read somewhere that Matt Serra will be on Rogan's podcast today. Sweet.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#15 » by blkout » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:24 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:as an aside, LOL. listening to Mac Danzig on the Ari Schaffir's "skeptic" (choke and die) podcast. the Skeptic states without irony, "Tate Fletcher told me humans weren't designed to process grains". paleobrotology.

Science.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#16 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:11 am

REDDzone wrote:I read somewhere that Matt Serra will be on Rogan's podcast today. Sweet.

3:00 pst

sweet.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#17 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:29 pm

is good. ^ all MMA, no weed or "science" (so far)

not as revealing of behind-the-scenes as some other interviews. but still great. Serra is such a cool guy.

Serra on the TRT, lol. still hates Hughes. would consider a re-match.

a couple terrible, meandering anecdotes. LOL. how long did it take him to tell the blood clot story?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#18 » by REDDzone » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:11 pm

NSAC randomly summons Palhares from Brazil to take a drug test.
blkout
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,914

Post#19 » by blkout » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:50 am

[tweet]http://twitter.com/marc_raimondi/status/446425729346310145[/tweet]

:lol: :lol:

Apparently every remote threat to Rousey outside of the UFC has an **** as a manager who Dana couldn't possibly work with.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#20 » by SDM » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:41 pm

To be fair, I've heard on talk radio (not sure if true) that Holm is looking for Rousey money right away. Not that Zuffa's scraping cheese off of pizza boxes or anything.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts