When Jon Jones streak will be finished?

Moderator: lilfishi22

Gregoire
Analyst
And1: 542

Re: When Jon Jones streak will be finished? 

Post#41 » by Gregoire » Fri Jun 6, 2014 4:46 pm

NZB2323 wrote:Just to clarify, Jones clearly has the better resume, but IMHO Cormier has been just as impressive.

Evans and Machida are legitimate LHWs, but they're not used to fighting the biggest guys in the sport. Cormier is.

Who do you think will win (percentage-wise prediction) and how likely will go the fight (Jones - Cormier)?
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them from the league. That's gonna be the most enduring take from his career. :lol:
falcolombardi wrote:
Come playoffs 18 lebron beats any version of jordan :lol:
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,877

Post#42 » by Jasen777 » Fri Jun 6, 2014 9:12 pm

Gregoire wrote:And on the ground you think Cormier would win more likely? I doubt it...

The assumption is that if it's on the grou0nd it's because Cormier put it there and is on top. Yes, I will certainly favor Cormier in that position (if only to ride out a decision).
Gregoire
Analyst

Post#43 » by Gregoire » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:53 pm

Im not sure even if Cormier would have the advantage in the ground game... Maybe Jones will decide to fight Cormier in his area (wrestling) to prove himself that even there he is better (like he did with Guf and Glover). In these case I dont know who will take down the opponent. What do you think, guys?
Heej wrote:
These no calls on LeBron are crazy. A lot of stars got foul calls to protect them from the league. That's gonna be the most enduring take from his career. :lol:
falcolombardi wrote:
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,716

Post#44 » by NZB2323 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Gregoire wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:Just to clarify, Jones clearly has the better resume, but IMHO Cormier has been just as impressive.

Evans and Machida are legitimate LHWs, but they're not used to fighting the biggest guys in the sport. Cormier is.

Who do you think will win (percentage-wise prediction) and how likely will go the fight (Jones - Cormier)?

I'll put it at 50-50, I don't know. Cormier has never faced someone like Bones and Bones has never faces someone like Cormier. I could see it going split decision, with Jones cutting up Cormier's face with hellbows and Cormier getting more takedowns.

I do think that Cormier will take Jones down, but we don't know how good Jones is off of his back. I could see Jones throwing nasty elbows from the bottom.
Gregoire
Analyst

Post#45 » by Gregoire » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:03 am

NZB2323 wrote:
Gregoire wrote:

I'll put it at 50-50, I don't know. Cormier has never faced someone like Bones and Bones has never faces someone like Cormier. I could see it going split decision, with Jones cutting up Cormier's face with hellbows and Cormier getting more takedowns.

I do think that Cormier will take Jones down, but we don't know how good Jones is off of his back. I could see Jones throwing nasty elbows from the bottom.

If it would be superclose fight, like you believe, no doubt we will see the rematch like Jones -Gus.
Heej wrote:
falcolombardi wrote:

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts