UFC 183 (1/31): Nick Diaz vs. Anderson Silva

Moderator: lilfishi22

Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Re: Nick Diaz vs. Anderson Silva, Jan 31 

Post#81 » by Marcus » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:17 am

REDDzone wrote:Woodley just posted on instagram that Gastelum is 9 pounds overweight. Get your bet in now bern before the line flips when that scale result comes back.

dammit Kelvin
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: UFC 183 (1/31): Nick Diaz vs. Anderson Silva 

Post#82 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:22 am

Bernman wrote:Relax, bro. I just enjoy trolling you with various themes, i.e.: being a bjj nerd, originally from the south, and hyper-averse to small weight differences. It's funny I can still bait you on these topics. I'm gonna keep trying.

9 lbs is pretty crazy, but if it's like 2-3 I'd be like by all means give me 20% of your purse. They also aren't helping themselves by scrambling to make weight late. The guys who are coasting out of laziness or to have a small size advantage I think are in the minority.

I already had bet a little on Woodley when he was a small dog.

Sick of your trolling, if it happens again, be ready to bang bro.

Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#83 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:27 am

Kelvin looks terrible.

He weighed in at 180. Lolzers.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#84 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:27 am

Brandao at 142?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#85 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:30 am

Kelvin looked so bad to me, like he was going to pass out. They should probably give that dude a good once over before letting him in the cage lol.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#86 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:38 am

There are at least some rumblings that Woodley may not take the fight. Although I'm guessing he changed his mind after seeing Kelvin.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#87 » by CPT » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:11 am

REDDzone wrote:There are at least some rumblings that Woodley may not take the fight. Although I'm guessing he changed his mind after seeing Kelvin.

Might as well put that out there, and get some extra money to take the fight, even if you were going to do it anyway.

(I have no idea if that's a thing).
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#88 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:15 am

So what's he game plan if you're Nick Diaz? Keep your hands high and hope Silva is really washed up?
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#89 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:17 am

CPT wrote:
REDDzone wrote:There are at least some rumblings that Woodley may not take the fight. Although I'm guessing he changed his mind after seeing Kelvin.

Might as well put that out there, and get some extra money to take the fight, even if you were going to do it anyway.

(I have no idea if that's a thing).

Its a thing and its exactly what he did. He ended up with 30% of Kelvin's purse instead of 20%. Although with Kelvin coming off of tuf, I think Woodley just earned himself an extra $500 bucks. :lol:
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,718

Post#90 » by AussieBuck » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:25 am

I like that I've had work days that have earned me more money than guys I watch fight in the UFC.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#91 » by Bernman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:58 am

REDDzone wrote:Its a thing and its exactly what he did. He ended up with 30% of Kelvin's purse instead of 20%. Although with Kelvin coming off of tuf, I think Woodley just earned himself an extra $500 bucks. :lol:

He made 20k to show last fight, so it's at least 6k extra. It's probably a little more with him on a contract where his purses ascend with each win. It'll be like a 15k consolation prize for Woodley if he loses. I don't know how it works with bonuses. Regardless, it's a nice little boost and bit of business for Woodley.

It might be a good idea for PRIZE fighters to target fights with opponents who have a history of missing weight and who make a good salary. Bader got 50k from Rampage, would have been 100k if he lost.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#92 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:53 am

Dana supposedly had a huge announcement to make tomorrow night. Last time it was CM Punk. Any guesses for this one? Undertaker maybe?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#93 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:55 am

Dana also said Kelvin must move up to mw. I'm assuming the same goes for Lineker but who knows.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#94 » by Jasen777 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:59 am

REDDzone wrote:Dana also said Kelvin must move up to mw. I'm assuming the same goes for Lineker but who knows.

Lineker has to move to MW? :P

Doesn't seem necessary for Kelvin, especially if this is true:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/561336354605244416[/tweet]
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#95 » by CPT » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:01 pm

^ That doesn't sound good. All of this has been enough to swing me to Woodley for that fight.

What do you guys make of some of the other fights on this card? There are a bunch of close ones.

Iaquinta vs. Lauzon. I've got Lauzon here, but admittedly haven't thought too much about the specifics of the matchup. I just think he's better. Iaquinta is the favourite, and I've heard a lot of people picking him, so what am I missing?

McCall vs. Lineker. Toss up for me. Mainly because McCall is such a headcase. If Lineker gets him to fight his fight, I like his chances. McCall should win though.

Mein vs. Alves. I think Alves still has enough in the tank to get this done. Mein is now a veteran, and a mediocre one, IMO. He's never going to be as good as Alves was, I'm just not sure how good Alves is right now.

Tate vs. McMann. McMann is the favourite, and most people I've seen are picking her, and I probably agree, but I think Tate has become underrated in a weird way. She gets a disproportionate amount of attention, and she catches a lot of flak for getting a title shot off a loss, but she's still more accomplished than most women out there. I'm also not entirely sure why this fight is happening, since it has the feel of a title eliminator, yet neither one will be fighting Rousey with a win here (I would think). Maybe that's exactly why it makes sense though, instead of having them pick off other contenders. I dunno. McMann should win on paper, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Tate keep it standing and win an ugly boxing match.

Even Leites vs. Boetsch isn't bad. I really don't think much of Boetsch, but he manages to win fights against good fighters at a decent rate, so he must be doing something right. Leites should win handily, but I wouldn't feel comfortable betting on it.

Brunson vs. Herman...is probably the fight where I leave my house and head to the bar, hoping to get there in time for Tate/McMann.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#96 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:16 pm

You are picking like all dogs there.

Iaquinta vs Lauzon is so interesting to me, no idea how that goes down.

I think Boetsch is terrible though, just terrible. Not that he's always been, but for the last year or two he has gotten his a$$ kicked every time out, even if he somehow came away with the win.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#97 » by Bernman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:49 pm

Gastelum and Lineker aren't nearly as interesting at higher weight classes, so it's a shame they can't get their crap together. Lineker is a 5'2" pseudo dwarf and Gastelum of below average height for his current division even. I don't envision them making noise like they were. So I figure this move up would be temporary. Lineker might just get cut. I'm guessing he loses this.

I trew a little coin down on Lauzon, Alves, Woodley, and Boetsch. First 3 I think will win straight up. The last, +400 is crazy odds against him considering he's not facing an elite opponent and his ability to pull wins out of his ass with a big shot.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#98 » by REDDzone » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:57 pm

Yea I'm looking hard at Lauzon and Alves. Iaquinta is vulnerable to the sub and I think he may be just a pinch overrated after the Pearson win.

I was always staying away from Woodley and Gastelum.
Bernman
RealGM

Post#99 » by Bernman » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:09 pm

Pearson is kind of enigmatic and chinny. Mind you he looked like he was about to get wrecked against Guillard, who himself is overrated. And Ross built his rep largely on other chinny, then overrated guys like Maynard and G-Sot. Lauzon is over the hill after being thru all the wars, but he showed he has enough left with another war win against Chiesa, who beat Iaquinta, and of course in that fight was one of a few examples of bad sub D by Iaquinta. You figure Iaquinta has basically one way to win this fight, as he's not a big one strike power guy. If he wins by tko it's going to be off volume in a fight he was going to win anyway. I think Lauzon is the bet here.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#100 » by cowboyronnie » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:23 pm

CPT wrote:^ That doesn't sound good. All of this has been enough to swing me to Woodley for that fight.

What do you guys make of some of the other fights on this card? There are a bunch of close ones.

Iaquinta vs. Lauzon. I've got Lauzon here, but admittedly haven't thought too much about the specifics of the matchup. I just think he's better. Iaquinta is the favourite, and I've heard a lot of people picking him, so what am I missing?

McCall vs. Lineker. Toss up for me. Mainly because McCall is such a headcase. If Lineker gets him to fight his fight, I like his chances. McCall should win though.

Mein vs. Alves. I think Alves still has enough in the tank to get this done. Mein is now a veteran, and a mediocre one, IMO. He's never going to be as good as Alves was, I'm just not sure how good Alves is right now.

Even Leites vs. Boetsch isn't bad. I really don't think much of Boetsch, but he manages to win fights against good fighters at a decent rate, so he must be doing something right. Leites should win handily, but I wouldn't feel comfortable betting on it.

Brunson vs. Herman...is probably the fight where I leave my house and head to the bar, hoping to get there in time for Tate/McMann.

Disagree on Mein. And Boetsch. I think TB might come in with physical/mental issues sometimes. His movements are beautiful.

I would never bet on Boetsch but he's certainly a man capable of winning a lot of fights.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts