UFC Fight Night 52 (9/20) Hunt vs. Nelson (Japan, FP)

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: UFC Fight Night 52 (9/20) Hunt vs. Nelson (Japan, FP) 

Post#41 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:50 pm

NZB2323 wrote:Roy Nelson has said his belly protects him from body punches and makes it harder to grapple with him.

Well, think of it from this perspective, when you are on the bottom in a grappling match or fight and you don't want to be there, your goal is always to create space, create space. So if you are on trying to keep someone pinned you want to take away space. Its easier said that done against someone who has good hips on the bottom. But with a guy like Roy, its super easy for him to take away space because his fat just kind of sinks into all the open space between his and his opponent's body lol I'm not hating at all its just the truth.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,779

Post#42 » by NZB2323 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:54 am

REDDzone wrote:
NZB2323 wrote:Roy Nelson has said his belly protects him from body punches and makes it harder to grapple with him.

Well, think of it from this perspective, when you are on the bottom in a grappling match or fight and you don't want to be there, your goal is always to create space, create space. So if you are on trying to keep someone pinned you want to take away space. Its easier said that done against someone who has good hips on the bottom. But with a guy like Roy, its super easy for him to take away space because his fat just kind of sinks into all the open space between his and his opponent's body lol I'm not hating at all its just the truth.

Yeah, but having a fat butt doesn't give you good hips.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#43 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:42 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

Yeah, but having a fat butt doesn't give you good hips.

Not automatically, no, but it gives you heavy hips. There are lots of times in grappling situations where this is good for a good base, low center of gravity super hard to sweep. Just ask Daniel Cormier. :D And times when heavy hips is good for various judo/sambo throws. Just ask Fedor Emelianenko. :D

On a serious note, could you even imagine the power of someone like Cormier's sprawl?
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#44 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:14 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPtB8TXwxhc[/youtube]
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,632

Post#45 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Can't wait for Jon Jones v Cormier
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#46 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:41 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPtB8TXwxhc[/youtube]

Insanity.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts