The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: The Official Metamoris/BJJ/Grappling Thread 

Post#241 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:42 am

Susan wrote:That's absurd.

Rolled with Dan three times today. First time we really got to roll together and it was probably the most fun I've had doing BJJ in a while.

Its an experience but I just end up getting triangled or armbarred over and over. And he is so long that he just steps around or back steps my hooks all the time. :lol: He's just another level. I've been lucky enough to get to train with several high level mma dudes lately which is fun also, they definitely offer a different feel than the normal bjj guy.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#242 » by Susan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:06 pm

REDDzone wrote:

Rolled with Dan three times today. First time we really got to roll together and it was probably the most fun I've had doing BJJ in a while.

Its an experience but I just end up getting triangled or armbarred over and over. And he is so long that he just steps around or back steps my hooks all the time. :lol: He's just another level. I've been lucky enough to get to train with several high level mma dudes lately which is fun also, they definitely offer a different feel than the normal bjj guy.

I mean, he submitted me at least 6 times but was super complimentary of my defense and how I moved which was pretty awesome. We're the same size (I might be a little taller/longer, he's probably a little more muscular) and he really doesn't muscle things and I think that's something I do well as well but I really liked how he committed to things when he attacked. It's something that's key in BJJ and it's something I need to be more aggressive with.

His open guard and open guard passing are so good and something I really need to develop myself. I'm too reliant on my closed guard (which I feel 100% confidence in at this point) but I see the open guard development and half guard as the biggest keys to my game getting better.

What have you been working on?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#243 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Susan wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

I mean, he submitted me at least 6 times but was super complimentary of my defense and how I moved which was pretty awesome. We're the same size (I might be a little taller/longer, he's probably a little more muscular) and he really doesn't muscle things and I think that's something I do well as well but I really liked how he committed to things when he attacked. It's something that's key in BJJ and it's something I need to be more aggressive with.

His open guard and open guard passing are so good and something I really need to develop myself. I'm too reliant on my closed guard (which I feel 100% confidence in at this point) but I see the open guard development and half guard as the biggest keys to my game getting better.

What have you been working on?

My game is stagnant as hell to be honest. Just too much stuff going on in my personal life. I train twice a week but usually just to stay in shape. I don't study or drill as much as I should, just go through the motions. I really need to get my passion back. We have been wrestling like crazy at our gym, so I've been working a lot on that. I'm definitely more confident in my takedowns than I ever have been. I've also been playing collar and sleeve guard which is fun.

My half guard is terrible (relatively speaking) and I know exactly what you mean when it comes to being more aggressive and committing, its an issue I have as well. I gotta get this half guard right though, I get complimented from upper belts about how I do a good job at getting back to my half guard if I get passed, but then they just eventually pass again. I don't have any reliable sweeps from there.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#244 » by Jasen777 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Jordan Burroughs won another world title. Kyle Snyder (19 years old) also won despite having falling short in the NCAA's.

And I was wrong about Bellator signing all the wrestlers, the UFC has signed Bilyal Makhov, who wrestles at 130 kg and has 3 world titles and an Olympic bronze in the past. This time he got bronze and both freestyle and Greco-Roman.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#245 » by Jasen777 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,223

Post#246 » by Shaazzam » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:00 pm

he stands no chance
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#247 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:47 pm

I'd like to know who is still supporting metamoris at this point. Even if we disregard all the scamming and shadiness, their product is just not as good as their competitors anymore.

The only thing that will be worse than Chael/Barnett is the inevitable Chael/Kevin Casey match in 2016.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#248 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:21 pm

My god this Bendo!

For context, Rodolfo is probably the second best pure bjj guy on the planet at the moment.

The sequence circa 4:10 just shows how hard it is to get anything to work on really good guys like that. Oh, you get pretty good penetration on a takedown attempt? Welcome to crucifix city.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfGCKi7js7g#t=385[/youtube]
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#249 » by REDDzone » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:19 pm

So a few weeks after losing to a fresh blue belt in grappling competition, Sara McMann has apparently been submitted by a 16 year old girl in a grappling competition.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#250 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:45 am

Gary Tonon is moving to mma. I think he's athletic enough, with good enough wrestling, and sick enough heel hooks that he can be successful.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Gd-NUrklY[/youtube]
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#251 » by Jasen777 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:32 am

REDDzone wrote:So a few weeks after losing to a fresh blue belt in grappling competition, Sara McMann has apparently been submitted by a 16 year old girl in a grappling competition.

I've been really surprised by her lack of improvement.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#252 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:41 am

Jasen777 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:So a few weeks after losing to a fresh blue belt in grappling competition, Sara McMann has apparently been submitted by a 16 year old girl in a grappling competition.

I've been really surprised by her lack of improvement.

I'm just proud of the 16 year old who proved that a blue belt in bjj > medal in Olympic wrestling.

:D
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#253 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:54 am

Aljamain Sterling has been competing at purple lately. Will be doing nogi pan am this weekend in NYC.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#254 » by Jasen777 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:27 am

REDDzone wrote:I'm just proud of the 16 year old who proved that a blue belt in bjj > medal in Olympic wrestling.

:D

Just proves that girl is a wrestling prodigy. :nod:
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#255 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:49 pm

I really like McMann...and thought she was the best chance against Ronda (totally down with them re-matching). But this? Uyyy.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#256 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:54 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLxTsw3gx4[/youtube]

You tell me how serious that was. Was she messsing around cos it was a kid? I have no idea.

Also, you are going to develop a hematoma watching this handheld camera. Your brain will bleed.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#257 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:59 pm

ermygod, McMann is so sexy. you're a scared little white pussy, is all. not confident laying pipe. I'm a real man or looking to **** surrogate dudes but either way, eeeeeeeeee she's hot. what thread is this? I'm guessing I'm not the only one who has gotten hard reading the Grappling thread.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#258 » by REDDzone » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:40 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:ermygod, McMann is so sexy. you're a scared little white pussy, is all. not confident laying pipe. I'm a real man or looking to **** surrogate dudes but either way, eeeeeeeeee she's hot. what thread is this? I'm guessing I'm not the only one who has gotten hard reading the Grappling thread.

Who would you rather go north-south on you...McMann or Raquel Pennington?
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#259 » by cowboyronnie » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:21 pm

I get caught in an inverted triangle, it's sleep or skeet. I don't tap.

Nap or splat.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#260 » by REDDzone » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:12 am

Stuart Cooper's adcc 2015 highlight. Not as good as the 2011 or 2013 one imo but still worth watching. Some of these guys are just such freaks.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQcI_0hNyc8[/youtube]

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts