UFC 180(Nov 15)Cain/Werdum,Hunt steps in for injured Cain...

Moderator: lilfishi22

Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Re: UFC 180(Nov 15)Cain/Werdum,Hunt steps in for injured Cai 

Post#101 » by Hilltop » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:54 am

I wasn't able to see it clearly but was Hunt ever out? Not protesting the stoppage because he had already eaten a hundred shots at that point but I'm just wondering.
UN-Owen
Banned User
And1: 409

Post#102 » by UN-Owen » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:54 am

spykelee wrote:Faked the takedown and KO's him with the knee, nice.

Yeah, it was nice

I noticed it in real time, but the replays didn't really show it, nor did Rogan comment on it
spykelee
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,756

Post#103 » by spykelee » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:19 am

UN-Owen wrote:
spykelee wrote:Faked the takedown and KO's him with the knee, nice.

Yeah, it was nice

I noticed it in real time, but the replays didn't really show it, nor did Rogan comment on it

I thought the same thing. Every replay showed the knee, and it was beautiful but lacked the setup. The only reference I heard to it was Werdum himself mentioning the fake in his post fight interview.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#104 » by Nemesis21 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:52 am

I'd like to see Gastelum vs Maia.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,234

Post#105 » by Mehar » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:08 pm

REDDzone wrote:If anyone is interested, Chandler fight is starting now. War Chandler!

Has anyone fallen faster than Jake Ellenberger? IDK why he was fed to Kelvin anyway when he had lost two in a row. Something weird going on there, I remember thinking he was like the biggest welterweight, now he seems small.

I think the UFC will most likely cut him. Dana was not happy with Ellenberger's last two fights and with that loss yesterday, that is three in a row. I noticed the same thing about Ellenberger looking small. I said this to my brother as well last night, and that maybe Ellenberger should try to drop down to 155. Anyways, i do hope the UFC gives him one more shot, but i think he will probably be cut.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#106 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:37 am

Hunt was hauling in deeeeep breaths that whole fight. It's got to be difficult to drag a body that big out of bed at elevation, nevermind fight a HW title fight.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#107 » by Jasen777 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:26 am

Bernman wrote:Don't think he can't pull that off on Cain,

Or Cain mauls him against the fence for 5 rounds. I'd still favor Cain assuming healthy knees.

Werdum would need a first or second round finish IMO.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#108 » by Bernman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:50 am

Jasen777 wrote:Or Cain mauls him against the fence for 5 rounds. I'd still favor Cain assuming healthy knees.

Werdum would need a first or second round finish IMO.

Right, that's about the only way Cain could win. Maybe he tko's an exhausted Werdum in round 4 or 5, but that's about the same effect.

But Werdum hasn't really struggled with cardio from what I've seen, and he's got a better distance game, so maybe he wins a decision that way. And standing or ground he's always going to be a threat to end a fight at any moment due to his intelligence as a fighter and weapons he now possesses. The guy is extremely diverse for a hw and astute with his ability to both create and see openings that are there. He's one of the higher i.q. guys in MMA outside the cage, and he's translated that inside with his development over the years. My vision is that Cain leans on him for a while against the cage, and upon separating a little to punch, or resting for a split second, Werdum seizes the opportunity to turn him quickly and knee the **** out of him in a muay thai plum.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#109 » by Bernman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:02 am

Mehar wrote:I think the UFC will most likely cut him. Dana was not happy with Ellenberger's last two fights and with that loss yesterday, that is three in a row. I noticed the same thing about Ellenberger looking small. I said this to my brother as well last night, and that maybe Ellenberger should try to drop down to 155. Anyways, i do hope the UFC gives him one more shot, but i think he will probably be cut.

I suggested he move down to 155 even before the current losing streak, and got ripped for it by some. He has trouble with reach, creativity to overcome that, cardio, as well as mental lapses that cost him fights. The mental lapses would cause him in any division, but at least the reach and cardio issues could be largely rectified by losing a lot of that muscle and going to 155. He'd be a (more) interesting guy there at least. I never viewed him as a title contender at 170 because of all his flaws, and losses to everybody who could be considered a contender, except maybe Shields, who is of course one-dimensional and was very lucky in his UFC career.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#110 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:14 pm

Bernman wrote:
Mehar wrote:I think the UFC will most likely cut him. Dana was not happy with Ellenberger's last two fights and with that loss yesterday, that is three in a row. I noticed the same thing about Ellenberger looking small. I said this to my brother as well last night, and that maybe Ellenberger should try to drop down to 155. Anyways, i do hope the UFC gives him one more shot, but i think he will probably be cut.

I suggested he move down to 155 even before the current losing streak, and got ripped for it by some. He has trouble with reach, creativity to overcome that, cardio, as well as mental lapses that cost him fights. The mental lapses would cause him in any division, but at least the reach and cardio issues could be largely rectified by losing a lot of that muscle and going to 155. He'd be a (more) interesting guy there at least. I never viewed him as a title contender at 170 because of all his flaws, and losses to everybody who could be considered a contender, except maybe Shields, who is of course one-dimensional and was very lucky in his UFC career.

Alas, you were right. I'd like to apologize for the internet. It won't happen again.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#111 » by SDM » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Did you guys see the german suplex + RNC combo in the first TUF fight? That was a crazy thirty second or so sequence... waist lock, suplex, loose RNC, gets reversed, guy slaps on an armbar? I was yelling at the TV.

Big John also took 2 points away, which I've never seen, for an intentional headbutt (it looked intentional, you can overhear Big John saying, "I don't give a **** what he says, that was intentional").

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts