The UFC Signs CM Punk

Moderator: lilfishi22

Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Re: The UFC Signs CM Punk 

Post#221 » by Jasen777 » Fri Apr 3, 2015 11:46 pm

Marcus wrote:Wife of CM Punk retired from wrestling today.

Mixed tag cage match anyone?

vs Tate and Caraway? Winner takes on Rousey and The Rock.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#222 » by Marcus » Fri Apr 3, 2015 11:48 pm

Jasen777 wrote:
Marcus wrote:Wife of CM Punk retired from wrestling today.

Mixed tag cage match anyone?

vs Tate and Caraway? Winner takes on Rousey and The Rock.

RnR by "people's armbar"
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#223 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 9:23 pm

When does this guy fight??
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#224 » by REDDzone » Sat Apr 4, 2015 9:35 pm

Nemesis21 wrote:When does this guy fight??

I'm semi skeptical it happens, but there is no guarantee that it will even be in 2015.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#225 » by Nemesis21 » Sat Apr 4, 2015 9:57 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Nemesis21 wrote:When does this guy fight??

I'm semi skeptical it happens, but there is no guarantee that it will even be in 2015.

Lol really? So just a PR move by Dana?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#226 » by REDDzone » Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:24 am

Punk moved to Milwaukee. I was beginning to think this whole thing wasn't going to happen. Maybe it will after all.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#227 » by REDDzone » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:11 am

I've said this before and people probably don't believe me, but I like Punk a lot. I'll root for him. Its what signing Punk stands for for the ufc that I don't like. Anyway, sounds like he's pretty much living in Milwaukee 100% of the time at this point. Says he originally planned on living in Mil during the week but would live in Chi-town on weekends but his wife fell in love with Milwaukee so they have pretty much been there fulltime. I will say that his mind may change in winter. Milwaukee is amazing during summer, but sh*t changes Jan-Feb lol. ANYWAY...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvgwnzJOLo[/youtube]

I think he says at one point that he has had a number of "amateur bouts" in the gym and he says he doubts he has ever won one of them.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,722

Post#228 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:15 am

If you're not sure you've won you haven't. :)
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#229 » by Marcus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:43 pm

REDDzone wrote:I've said this before and people probably don't believe me, but I like Punk a lot. I'll root for him. Its what signing Punk stands for for the ufc that I don't like. Anyway, sounds like he's pretty much living in Milwaukee 100% of the time at this point. Says he originally planned on living in Mil during the week but would live in Chi-town on weekends but his wife fell in love with Milwaukee so they have pretty much been there fulltime. I will say that his mind may change in winter. Milwaukee is amazing during summer, but sh*t changes Jan-Feb lol. ANYWAY...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvgwnzJOLo[/youtube]

I think he says at one point that he has had a number of "amateur bouts" in the gym and he says he doubts he has ever won one of them.

he trollin
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#230 » by REDDzone » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Marcus wrote:
he trollin

About liking Milwaukee or about never winning a fight? I think he's truthful about both, personally. :D
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#231 » by Marcus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:01 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Marcus wrote:
he trollin

About liking Milwaukee or about never winning a fight? I think he's truthful about both, personally. :D

I think he's honest about those.

I just mean this fight thing as a whole. He's making fun of everybody at this point.
Watch More Basketball

Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#232 » by Jasen777 » Tue Oct 6, 2015 3:03 am

CM Punk's UFC debut reportedly delayed due to shoulder injury

Punk's coach Duke Roufus told ESPN.com on Monday that the former WWE star has an injured shoulder and won't make his UFC debut for another six to 10 months....

When asked how far along he is with his preparation, Roufus said Punk is "50 percent" there. Punk, whose real name is Phil Brooks, signed with the UFC last December after a very long, prosperous career in professional wrestling. He is also 36 years old with no substantial previous experience in martial arts before he began training at Roufusport earlier this year....

Roufus would be in favor of positioning CM Punk to make his debut at UFC 200 on July 9, 2016, which will take place at the new Las Vegas arena being constructed by MGM.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#233 » by REDDzone » Tue Oct 6, 2015 12:43 pm

I don't think this is happening.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#234 » by SDM » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:51 am

REDDzone wrote:I don't think this is happening.

Wrong!

"I'm bringing Mickey Gall in and he's gonna fight a kid named Michael Jackson, they're going to fight on the prelims on Feb. 6 on Fight Pass and if he wins that fight, Mickey Gall will fight CM Punk and CM Punk will be there at the fight to watch. He's holding a lottery ticket with really good odds of winning the lottery right now. He's got to get through this fight and yeah, it's going to be a life changer for this kid."

Gall is 1-0 and Jackson is 3-3.

Here's a clip of Gall talking about Punk:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSkoR9StJNg[/youtube]
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#235 » by Marcus » Tue Feb 9, 2016 8:58 pm

SDM wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I don't think this is happening.

Wrong!

"I'm bringing Mickey Gall in and he's gonna fight a kid named Michael Jackson, they're going to fight on the prelims on Feb. 6 on Fight Pass and if he wins that fight, Mickey Gall will fight CM Punk and CM Punk will be there at the fight to watch. He's holding a lottery ticket with really good odds of winning the lottery right now. He's got to get through this fight and yeah, it's going to be a life changer for this kid."

Gall is 1-0 and Jackson is 3-3.

Here's a clip of Gall talking about Punk:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSkoR9StJNg[/youtube]

did anybody actually see Gall fight this past weekend? what is Phillip in store for come his debut?
Watch More Basketball

Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#236 » by Jasen777 » Tue Feb 9, 2016 9:42 pm

BTW, Jackson's record there was as a amateur I believe.

Marcus wrote:did anybody actually see Gall fight this past weekend? what is Phillip in store for come his debut?

Gall looked fairly athletic (and larger than Jackson) and basically competent, he would be a fine signing for CFFC. Jackson went down with the first strike landed and had nothing on the ground.

Still I doubt Punk is competitive with Gall. Gall is a -300 favorite.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#237 » by SDM » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:52 pm

Jasen777 wrote:BTW, Jackson's record there was as a amateur I believe.

Marcus wrote:did anybody actually see Gall fight this past weekend? what is Phillip in store for come his debut?

Gall looked fairly athletic (and larger than Jackson) and basically competent, he would be a fine signing for CFFC. Jackson went down with the first strike landed and had nothing on the ground.

Still I doubt Punk is competitive with Gall. Gall is a -300 favorite.

Correct, amateur record. It was really tough to find accurate records on these guys.

Agree with this. I think Gall is better than your standard 1-0 fighter and within a couple fights, was probably going to be on UFC's radar anyway, as a young, athletic, supposedly good looking guy (plus he can talk a little bit). Looooooooooooong way to go and his opponent on Saturday was the type of can that gets beat up by other cans, but I think they wanted him to win because they see something in him and are banking on major improvement from now through to his Punk fight then onto real competition. There's a few examples of fighters with one or no professional fights doing well... Sadollah, MItrione.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#238 » by Jasen777 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:24 pm

A difference of course is that they both went through TUF. Before he got to the finale, Sadollah had beaten Steve Byrnes (who had a 6-1 professional record, his lost in the UFC), Gerald Harris, Matt Brown, and C.B. Dollaway. Mitrione, well he's a HW which is a different standard.

Not saying he can't do it, but transitioning to fighting legit fighters after Punk won't be easy for Gall.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#239 » by REDDzone » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:37 pm

Yea, I get the Sadollah/Mitrione comparison but Mitrione is a HW and also a former professional athlete. Sadollah had an extensive amateur background and had fought muay thai IIRC.

Punk's background is being a white belt in bjj under guys who give out blue belts over Skype. Mickey Gall is a brown belt btw.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,232

Post#240 » by Mehar » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:11 pm

CM Punk is undergoing back surgery. For some reason, i just get the feeling the next time you see this guy performing will be in a wrestling ring, where he can follow his script and entertain the people that like that stuff.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts