Fighters to Sue UFC

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Fighters to Sue UFC 

Post#61 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:01 pm

No confirmation yet, but read on the UG that Jon Fitch and Nate Quarry are there as well.

So as of now we have heard Fitch, Cung, Nate Quarry, and Carlos Newton.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#62 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:02 pm

SDM wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Greg Savage (the sherdog guy) just tweeted that he is at the presser and so far has seen Cung Le and Carlos Newton there.

BOOM. This guy. (and you too).

You listened to the Bisping/Chael podcast, didn't you?

Lol yes but IDK what that has to do with this bruh.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#63 » by Cammo101 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:03 pm

3 fighters? none active in the UFC? I am disappoint.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#64 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:04 pm

Cammo101 wrote: I am disappoint.

I doubt that.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#65 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:06 pm

Law firms include Cohen Milstein, Berger and Montague, and Joseph Saveri Law Firm.

I've heard of the first.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#66 » by Cammo101 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:07 pm

REDDzone wrote:

I doubt that.

I was promised a sh**storm. This feels more like a crap drizzle. I still don't think the UFC loses, but they could at least make it interesting to keep up with.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#67 » by Cammo101 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:27 pm

I suspect for this to have legs, they need to get past the stock ex-UFC malcontents into current and former fighters without an axe to grind.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#68 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:28 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

I doubt that.

I was promised a sh**storm. This feels more like a crap drizzle. I still don't think the UFC loses, but they could at least make it interesting to keep up with.

Who promised you a sh*t storm? The same random people at the bar who told you bellator was fixed?

:D
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,720

Post#69 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:34 pm

REDDzone
RealGM

Post#70 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:36 pm

Lol, some UGer:

"Never leave it in the hands of the judges, Dana."
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#71 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:38 pm

I just read them make the claim that the ufc has kept 90% of the revenue from their events. How is it even possible to know that?

IF somehow true though, that's pretty nuts since most sports are closer to 50/50.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#72 » by Cammo101 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:45 pm

I worry about the comparisons to boxing made in both the lawsuit and the ESPN article. A sport that slowly died from the inside because of a lot of the same things the fighters seem to be pushing for...more promoters and huge paydays.

Hopefully this scares the UFC into making a deal out of court and being more reasonable in certain regards, because I for one don't want a glut of promoters and overpaid name fighters ruining MMA like it did boxing. I know it's the cool thing to hate on the UFC, but they have worked really hard to keep MMA from following that path. Maybe they have gone too far the other direction.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#73 » by Cammo101 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:47 pm

REDDzone wrote:Who promised you a sh*t storm? The same random people at the bar who told you bellator was fixed?

No, those guys are waiting patiently for Tito/Shamrock 4. I'm pretty sure Bloody Elbow said there were lot of fighters involved, both current and former UFC name fighters.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#74 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:48 pm

The lawyers supposedly used stuff from Dana's video blogs against him. Speculation, is that this is why he has stopped doing the pressers and the scrums. He said it was because of the media.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#75 » by Cammo101 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:50 pm

REDDzone wrote:The lawyers supposedly used stuff from Dana's video blogs against him. Speculation, is that this is why he has stopped doing the pressers and the scrums. He said it was because of the media.

Dana has said a lot of dumb things over the years which may now be about to come back to bite him in the butt.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#76 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:55 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Who promised you a sh*t storm? The same random people at the bar who told you bellator was fixed?

No, those guys are waiting patiently for Tito/Shamrock 4. I'm pretty sure Bloody Elbow said there were lot of fighters involved, both current and former UFC name fighters.

LOL true but to be fair Tito/Shamrock 4 is 10 times more legitimate than CMPunk/whoever 1.

But also, Cung is an active ufc fighter, at least contractually. He is definitely the 'technically active ufc fighter' that was mentioned yesterday. I'm curious if more are in on it but just not named as plaintiffs. Cung/Fitch/Quarry obviosuly have nothing to lose.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#77 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:55 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:The lawyers supposedly used stuff from Dana's video blogs against him. Speculation, is that this is why he has stopped doing the pressers and the scrums. He said it was because of the media.

Dana has said a lot of dumb things over the years which may now be about to come back to bite him in the butt.

The specific moment referenced (that I caught) was the one where he held up the tombstone of all the mma competitors. :)
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#78 » by REDDzone » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Lots of good speculation in that UG thread. That's where I got the "that's why Dana stopped doing media" thing.

Additionally, someone said this is why the ufc has basically propped up wsof/rfa and had their weird relationship with those promotions.

Finally, they were saying that the 3 law firms are all huge names in the monopoly game. They most likely hired all 3 so that the ufc wouldn't be able to enlist their services for their defense (because they would all be desirably in that regard?).
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft

Post#79 » by Cammo101 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:01 pm

It will be interesting to see what fighters the UFC rolls out to argue their side. Liddell, Franklin, Hughes, Forrest, Florian all come to mind.

Also makes me wonder how UFC Tonight will handle the reporting of this.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#80 » by Bernman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:19 pm

You actually expect a bunch of current UFC fighters who depend on the "allegedly" monopolistic company to make a living, to join a lawsuit against them, or the plaintiffs have next to no credibility?!?!

Anyways, all that matters is the case they make. It doesn't matter who is behind the lawsuit if it's not a he said-she said situation. If they can do something like provide compelling evidence WSOF was created behind the scenes by Zuffa to sabotage Viacom because they were threatened they were about to be aired on Spike, or just to protect them from a lawsuit like this earlier, they have a winning case.

Incidentally, 3 names leaked out or were noted. That doesn't mean that's all who joined the lawsuit. It means far from that. Just those were the names that media outlets collected, or decided to run with.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts