UFC Fight Night 62 (3/21): Maia vs. LaFlare

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: UFC Fight Night 62 (3/21): Maia vs. LaFlare 

Post#61 » by REDDzone » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:20 am

Jasen777 wrote:Disgraceful from Maia in the 5th. La Flare wins if it goes 6, IMO.

If there were more rounds maybe Laflare wins, if there weren't rounds at all then Maia doesn't get pulled off Laflare 5 different times (literally) and probably finishes.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#62 » by Jasen777 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:19 am

Sure. I'm probably just mostly upset that a win by La Flare there or Maia getting four less fantasy points, and I'd won about $1300 instead of $250.

Maia probably could have finished him if he went for ground and pound from the mount, though it did look like he was really close with that one choke.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#63 » by High 5 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:35 am

REDDzone wrote:Not to start THIS conversation in another thread - but after seeing how rapidly Koscheck's career deteriorated after having GSP break his orbital and pound on his face all night long - it does make me a little nervous being a fan of Pettis. Man, unforgiving sport.

I think the rapid deterioration had more to do with being old and having to fight Hendricks->Lawler->Woodley.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#64 » by REDDzone » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:05 am

High 5 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Not to start THIS conversation in another thread - but after seeing how rapidly Koscheck's career deteriorated after having GSP break his orbital and pound on his face all night long - it does make me a little nervous being a fan of Pettis. Man, unforgiving sport.

I think the rapid deterioration had more to do with being old and having to fight Hendricks->Lawler->Woodley.

Yea could be but he never looked the same tbh. He even looked terrible against Hughes.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,232

Post#65 » by Mehar » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:54 pm

REDDzone wrote:One of the worst stoppages in history.

Not one of the worst stoppage, but "The Worst Stoppage" that i have ever witnessed in all of my years watching MMA. Mr. Herdy should never be allowed to ref again, after his two big blunders last night, the stoppage being the worst ever i seen in MMA. There is no justification for this. Glad Dana paid the guy his win bonus. Absolutely disgraceful is all i have to say.
GetBuLLish
General Manager
And1: 2,508

Post#66 » by GetBuLLish » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:19 am

There's bad stoppages. And there's 'what the hell just happened' stoppages.

This stoppage was worse than either of those two. Can you imagine that happening in the main event of a PPV? :lol:
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#67 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:58 am

Is it a rule where if the ref touches one of the fighters it means the fight is off? I'm asking because assuming the ref made a mistake and recognised it, could he have let them fight on?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#69 » by REDDzone » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:41 pm

Its funny that the Brazilian Commission is like a year old and just performed a more logical/progressive task than the NSAC has ever accomplished.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#70 » by Cammo101 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:31 pm

REDDzone wrote:Its funny that the Brazilian Commission is like a year old and just performed a more logical/progressive task than the NSAC has ever accomplished.

Because it's not bogged down in red tape and out of date processes.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#71 » by REDDzone » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:51 pm

Cammo101 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Its funny that the Brazilian Commission is like a year old and just performed a more logical/progressive task than the NSAC has ever accomplished.

Because it's not bogged down in red tape and out of date processes.

Its not just that, because other commissions aren't as bad. It used to be stubbornness when it was Kizer, now it mostly seems like incompetence. Seriously, the NSAC at this stage is just ridiculous, like three stooges/michael scott level ridiculous. And if you look at the rate they catch users and the rate other commissions catch user., and their recent penchant of not revealing failed prefight drug tests until after fights ...there is a great chance of corruption as well.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#72 » by REDDzone » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:20 pm

Drew Dober:
“Once we were back in the locker room, I was told that Dana White wanted to see me,” Dober said. “The first thing he said was that he couldn’t believe that I would tap that quick to a guillotine and that I shouldn’t be a UFC fighter because of it. And then he smiled and said, ‘Just kidding.’ Then we laughed and he said that I would get paid the win bonus and he thought it was complete BS and would try his best to get it overturned into a no-contest.”

Props to Dana for giving the guy his win bonus.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts