Pacquiao by KO/TKO
25%

Total votes: 76

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,405

Re: Mayweather vs Pacquiao - May 2nd 

Post#581 » by Revived » Wed May 6, 2015 10:21 pm

Major props to MJ for stepping in and helping resolve a potentially ugly situation

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/clip-bo ... basketball
Butch718
RealGM
And1: 6,574

Post#582 » by Butch718 » Thu May 7, 2015 3:31 am

I should've warned RichRane to stay away from anything boxing related on the Knicks forum.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,792

Post#583 » by Rich Rane » Thu May 7, 2015 3:55 pm

Butch718 wrote:I should've warned RichRane to stay away from anything boxing related on the Knicks forum.

My face can only take so much palming.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#584 » by REDDzone » Thu May 7, 2015 4:47 pm

Butch718 wrote:I should've warned RichRane to stay away from the Knicks forum.

fixed. :D
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Revived
RealGM

Post#585 » by Revived » Thu May 7, 2015 11:30 pm

I hate to say it because I hate him but I'm on Mayweather's side on this

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/maywe ... --box.html
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#586 » by Rich Rane » Fri May 8, 2015 5:04 am

SF88 wrote:I hate to say it because I hate him but I'm on Mayweather's side on this

Is it still an excuse after he's gotten surgery for it? I am by no means in favor of a rematch and you could be angry at him and his team for not alerting the NSAC about his shoulder, but calling him a coward is kind of dumb.
Revived
RealGM

Post#587 » by Revived » Fri May 8, 2015 5:10 am

Rich Rane wrote:
SF88 wrote:I hate to say it because I hate him but I'm on Mayweather's side on this

Is it still an excuse after he's gotten surgery for it? I am by no means in favor of a rematch and you could be angry at him and his team for not alerting the NSAC about his shoulder, but calling him a coward is kind of dumb.

Imo if your not gonna disclose your injury before then you can't disclose it afterwards basically sending the message that "Oh I only lost because I was injured".
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#588 » by Rich Rane » Fri May 8, 2015 5:23 am

SF88 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

Imo if your not gonna disclose your injury before then you can't disclose it afterwards basically sending the message that "Oh I only lost because I was injured".

He did disclose it (even though Koncz was an idiot for not checking the correct box). His team went to the USADA and the NSAC knew about it, but not early enough to allow him the use of a numbing injection before the fight.
Revived
RealGM

Post#589 » by Revived » Fri May 8, 2015 6:36 am

Rich Rane wrote:
SF88 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

He did disclose it (even though Koncz was an idiot for not checking the correct box). His team went to the USADA and the NSAC knew about it, but not early enough to allow him the use of a numbing injection before the fight.

If he was injured, then he shouldn't have fought. Either delay it or call it off.

And come on man, are we supposed to believe that his guy accidentally "checked the wrong box"?
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#590 » by Rich Rane » Fri May 8, 2015 6:41 am

SF88 wrote:If he was injured, then he shouldn't have fought. Either delay it or call it off.

And come on man, are we supposed to believe that his guy accidentally "checked the wrong box"?

What boxer, or really what athlete, would have called off a $100 million payday if he felt he could deal with the injury before a boxing fight? Would you?

And Koncz is an idiot, enough so to not put that past him. If you've paid attention the last few years, you would know this.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#591 » by cowboyronnie » Fri May 8, 2015 1:47 pm

There was no way he could delay the fight. Do you how many layers of business were depending on that fight taking place that weekend? In LV and beyond? All the people who'd spent money, the bars and restaurants?

He had to fight, and he did, cos he has a courage none of us could even imagine.

Go away.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#592 » by SpeedyG » Fri May 8, 2015 2:49 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:There was no way he could delay the fight. Do you how many layers of business were depending on that fight taking place that weekend? In LV and beyond? All the people who'd spent money, the bars and restaurants?

He had to fight, and he did, cos he has a courage none of us could even imagine.

Go away.

Yeah I agree with this. Athletes, constantly are praised for their courage by fighting through an injury. MJ is remembered for his flu game. Byron Leftwich still gets shown on ESPN being carried by his teammates with a broken leg.

Manny thought he could fight through it. He didn't get the shot pre-fight. And took a pretty vicious blow on the shoulder during the fight (someone posted a gif of it online, can't find it now though). At that point, there was nothing much he can do.

It's a torn rotator cuff. Anyone who's had that injury knows how painful it is and how limiting it is, especially for someone who needs not only speed but power and motion from his arm/shoulder.
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one ~ FrancisM, R.I.P. 3/6/09
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#593 » by Newz » Fri May 8, 2015 7:54 pm

Rich Rane wrote:

I find it amusing you guys are buying into this.

All they are doing is setting up a rematch. It will sell better if they 'hate' one another. Mayweather needs to continue to look like the villain and Manny needs to sell the idea that the only reason he lost was his shoulder. They need to sell the idea that the result will be different if Manny recovers... that he'll finally be able to vanquish the 'evil' Mayweather.

Some projections say this fight had nearly SIX MILLION buys and Mayweather is set to make $250+ million. I'd say the odds that this fight happens again are near 100%. They are already beginning to sell it... and part of that selling is Mayweather turning himself in the 'evil guy' that everyone hates again.

The guy is a smart businessman. He knows how to get under people's skin so that they pay to watch people try to beat him.
olive_triangurl
Banned User
And1: 607

Post#594 » by olive_triangurl » Fri May 8, 2015 8:26 pm

^ Yeah but the reason for the shoulder surgery is not to "sell" anything.
The shoulder surgery is so Pac can continue his boxing career.
And if Mayweather is afraid of a healthy Pac, then Mayweather will retire in September and never come back.
olive_triangurl
Banned User

Post#595 » by olive_triangurl » Fri May 8, 2015 8:27 pm

SF88 wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:

So he should have kept his surgery a secret somehow?
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#596 » by REDDzone » Fri May 8, 2015 9:24 pm

Newz wrote:The guy is a smart businessman. He knows how to get under people's skin so that they pay to watch people try to beat him.

Yea agreed. If he wasn't such a horrible person in reality, I would be a huge fan of his as he is a great heel.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#597 » by Newz » Fri May 8, 2015 9:27 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Newz wrote:The guy is a smart businessman. He knows how to get under people's skin so that they pay to watch people try to beat him.

Yea agreed. If he wasn't such a horrible person in reality, I would be a huge fan of his as he is a great heel.

I would be curious to know how much of the stuff said about Floyd is actual fact. I'm curious to know if a lot of these cases were gold digging or if they were legitimate. Wouldn't shock me either way. One way or another though the dude seems like a pretty bad person. I can appreciate him as an athlete, can't really appreciate him as a person unless a lot of the stuff in his personal life was just people fishing for cash.

Amazing athlete though, incredible boxer. His style isn't the most entertaining ever... but he can sell a fight better than just about anyone else ever. He has built up the heel persona better than any other athlete or human being I can remember. Who else has made this much money by making people hate them? It's pretty crazy.
olive_triangurl
Banned User

Post#598 » by olive_triangurl » Fri May 8, 2015 9:32 pm

I've been watching ESPN First Take for a long time, and the most impressive thing I've ever seen is that Skip Bayless tipped Manny to win, but has still defeated Stephen Smith. How? Because Stephen Smith is now pushing the boneheaded notion that Manny wasn't injured before the fight. Stephen Smith is claiming that the injury occurred purely because Manny was throwing punches that missed their target and that punching the air caused the injury. That is how desperate Stephen Smith is for Mayweather to get full credit for the victory :lol:
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#599 » by REDDzone » Fri May 8, 2015 9:34 pm

Yea, the whole letter from his son thing...and the fact that it has happened like 6 times or whatever it is...where there's smoke there's fire.
olive_triangurl
Banned User

Post#600 » by olive_triangurl » Fri May 8, 2015 9:35 pm

Newz wrote: One way or another though the dude seems like a pretty bad person.

I heard that Mayweather went on a racist rant against Manny, in addition to his constant drug cheat accusations (Manny ended up suing Mayweather for slander).

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts