UFC Fight Night 73 (8/8): OSP vs. Teixeira

Moderator: lilfishi22

Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Re: UFC Fight Night 73 (8/8): OSP vs. Teixeira 

Post#21 » by Bernman » Sun Aug 9, 2015 6:28 pm

I nailed those 3 predictions. :tooth

In all seriousness, that Dariush-Johnson scoring was one of the worst I've seen. Dariush couldn't have won to the point I stopped watching mid 3rd figuring it was a formality. Going back, the 3rd is the only round Dariush could have taken, and still it was a toss-up. The first two rounds pretty much any time Dariush committed to anything he was either shut down or countered, harder. Johnson's feet, hands, and reflexes were just considerably faster. And what I ignored going in is they were both southpaws so that negated Dariush's biggest weapon in his body kicks, which then may have set up td's to get the fight on the ground where his advantage was theoretically huge. Never got it there once, which was another case for Johnson. Dariush's strikes weren't as potent as in his last couple fights either, hmmmm...

OSP had Glover on the ropes b4 Glover caught that body kick and took him down. Then OSP actually did get exposed on the ground. He wasn't even blocking an easy transition to mount because his legs weren't laced around Glover's or his body. Plus instead of focusing on retaining guard or blocking mount with his legs from being side mounted, he decided to go for a kimura instead and got full mounted. Just very naive on the ground.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#22 » by REDDzone » Sun Aug 9, 2015 7:56 pm

He literally pulled Glover into mount with that kimura. That was embarrassing.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#23 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Aug 9, 2015 8:30 pm

But, damn, the raw strength to just keep getting back to his feet. Glover trying to drag him back down, osp lumbering back to standing with a 220 pound man hanging off him.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#24 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Aug 9, 2015 8:34 pm

I think texeira could have begun taking over on the feet. Squared against the cage, hands down...osp was reliant on that uppercut.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#25 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Aug 9, 2015 8:37 pm

Glover such a gracious guy, honed by being a journeyman I'm sure.
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#26 » by ShowtimeFan » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:30 am

That was a very exciting fight and even though OSP has lost 7 fights, with his strength, reach and kicks, he always has a punchers chance, but he is not in great shape and gets easily winded...
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#27 » by REDDzone » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:09 pm

ShowtimeFan wrote:That was a very exciting fight and even though OSP has lost 7 fights, with his strength, reach and kicks, he always has a punchers chance, but he is not in great shape and gets easily winded...

He'll probably never be Michael Bisping but him getting "easily winded" probably had a lot to do with carrying 225 lbs of Glover around the cage for 15 minutes.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts