UFC 191 (9/5): Johnson vs. Dodson II

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: UFC 191 (9/5): Johnson vs. Dodson II 

Post#61 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 6, 2015 4:50 am

REDDzone wrote:Is it just me or is rogan riding Mouse way too much? He makes it sound like Dodson is being killed here.

I made my comment before seeing yours, FWIW. I think he was describing it accurately. the right hand, the angles, the pace.

and I do think it was a runaway victory.

those hips.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#62 » by Jasen777 » Sun Sep 6, 2015 4:52 am

LOL, BBC just apologized for offensive language.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#63 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 6, 2015 4:55 am

Jasen777 wrote:LOL, BBC just apologized for offensive language.

That Mighty Mouse badass!
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#64 » by Cammo101 » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:08 am

It seems Mighty Mouse is trying the Conor approach to gaining fans. Curse a little, talk crap leading up to the fight, and then look awesome. Hopefully it works, because he deserves to have a ton of fans.

Up next for all involved should be...

Johnson vs. Cejudo/Formiga winner (for FlW title)
Dodson vs. Ian McCall
Arlovski vs. Fedor Emelianenko
Mir vs. Travis Browne
Johnson vs. Rampage Jackson
Manuwa vs. Ovince St. Preux
Anderson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Blachowicz vs. Nikita Krylov
VanZant vs. Joanne Calderwood
Chambers vs. Maryna Moroz
Pearson vs. Francisco Trinaldo
Felder vs. Daron Cruickshank
Lineker vs. Manny Gamburyan
Rivera vs. Eddie Wineland
Pennington vs. Cat Zingano
Andrade vs. Sara McMann
Trator vs. Doo Ho Choi
Collard vs. Mike de la Torre
Riggs vs. Kevin Casey
Stallings vs. Antonio Braga Neto
Silva vs. Jon Tuck
Malegarie vs. Brian Barberena
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#65 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:09 am

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Is it just me or is rogan riding Mouse way too much? He makes it sound like Dodson is being killed here.

I made my comment before seeing yours, FWIW. I think he was describing it accurately. the right hand, the angles, the pace.

and I do think it was a runaway victory.

those hips.

It got more and more accurate as the fight went on but he made some comment in the second about Mouse controlling everything in the fight. At that point, Dodson was 6/6 takedown defense and iirc had landed a takedown or two himself. Made no sense.

Also, just an example. Third round, Mouse lands a baby elbow (it was effective, don't get me wrong) from the clinch: "OOHHH!! That was a HARD elbow Mike!". Mouse tries a flying knee to end the round and Dodson drops him with a right, not a peep lol.

Granted I was watching in a bar so the audio isn't always perfectly clear.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#66 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:10 am

Mouse must be sick of people not caring about him for being top 3 p4p fighter in the sport, trying to start talking more and more. Listen to his last mmahour interview and listen to his second to last one. The contrast is crazy. He went from the most soft spoken guy in the sport to dropping n bombs and f bombs regularly. Must be sick of having nobody watch his fights, getting the wwe crowd into it I guess. I just don't dig it when its so obviously contrived, that's not who he is.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#67 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:16 am

Ironic that I missed it, but I said a few times in this thread alone that Rivera/Lineker would be a good one. Heard it was nuts, haven't seen it yet.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#68 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:23 am

Looks like Frank "Dad Bod" Mir's run was short-lived.
cowboyronnie wrote:

cos no steroids? for some reason looking at his posture I think lower back.

He was on teh trt, obviously had to get off that.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#69 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:40 am

Paige just said that she didn't want to go to the ground because her opponent is a purple belt. Lol, def haven't heard that one before at the ufc level.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#70 » by Jasen777 » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:48 am

Wow, even if that's true you say, "I think I have a bigger advantage standing."
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#71 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:51 am

Dodson just said obviously Mouse has more power and landed shots, "I mean look at my face, I look like a Monster, I look like...Dos Anjos".

LOL.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#72 » by REDDzone » Sun Sep 6, 2015 5:54 am

Jasen777 wrote:Wow, even if that's true you say, "I think I have a bigger advantage standing."

I actually thought it was kind of cool and candid. Kind of a descriptor of where the women's divisions are at. In the men's divisions, you aren't even scared of going to the ground with a black belt, you are only scared of going to the ground with those guys who are black belts of black belts.

In the women's divisions, purple belt is the black belt of black belts I guess, lol.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#73 » by Bernman » Sun Sep 6, 2015 7:14 am

Lineker vs. Rivera was the most I've ever seen someone go Frankie Fast Hands technique in my life. Rivera tried to rely too much on his power after he got swarmed by a bee. Should have escaped, grabbed a bottle of Bee Be-Gone, and used it at a safer distance. Nice guillotine to finish it off by Lineker. I think Rivera tapped because his eye was all swoll and the increase pressure made it bulge like Quaid in Total Recall. Lineker couldn't have gotten much leverage with his back curled against the fence. Craziest minute in MMA history maybe.

Felder has a diverse skill-set and is a smart guy. Unfortunately I think Cowboy is a bad influence on him in throwing away a lot of those positive traits in the name machismo (the theme of the prelims, which are all I watched). He gets angry, walks straight forward like a single-minded brutish monster and with no angles into boxing range, letting his opponent hit him on the way in because he wants to get at him and prides himself in not being able to get hurt, and in the process is taking away kicks from his arsenal to boot. He could have gone to work on the legs and body especially, and has the training and mind to set it up. But he just tosses it away. Fun fight, nonethless. I think the worse guy won, although I would have given him the edge.

Clay Collard is just an idiot and he gets dumber and dumber with every rock'em sock'em robot fight. What was with the repeated hail mary spinning backfist. There is no rhyme or reason, he just does stuff cuz it looks fun in the moment.

They're all taking veiled or not so veiled shots at RDA these days. They know. :nod: Hard proof in MMA about who is what kind of fighter takes time to play itself out. It's just the nature of the sport. But in the end we usually find out thru more matches, tests, and stories.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#74 » by SDM » Sun Sep 6, 2015 11:46 am

Uphill battle for Mighty Mouse in attracting those casuals, I think. I suspect many guys at bars think they can kick his ass because he's only 125lbs.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#75 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 6, 2015 2:56 pm

Bernman wrote:Felder has a diverse skill-set and is a smart guy. Unfortunately I think Cowboy is a bad influence on him in throwing away a lot of those positive traits in the name machismo (the theme of the prelims, which are all I watched). He gets angry, walks straight forward like a single-minded brutish monster and with no angles into boxing range, letting his opponent hit him on the way in because he wants to get at him and prides himself in not being able to get hurt, and in the process is taking away kicks from his arsenal to boot. He could have gone to work on the legs and body especially, and has the training and mind to set it up. But he just tosses it away. Fun fight, nonethless. I think the worse guy won, although I would have given him the edge.

I agree. The mean mug and the stalking forward. But Cowboy is actually lighter on his feet than that. Cowboy even throws counters.

Felder's left knee strike is vicious...holy Christ. If he used that as a counter - like Cowboy does - he'd obliterate dudes. He only got it off a couple times last night cos he was busy mean mugging forward.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#76 » by cowboyronnie » Sun Sep 6, 2015 3:21 pm

Andrade's body doesn't look the same as her 2014 promo shot, when she had traps and tris like Randleman. Hmm. Cheater.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#77 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Sep 6, 2015 11:56 pm

lol @ Rumble saying the finish wasn't something he trained. But it must be "muscle memory" :nod:

Main event was an absolute clinic. Didn't think DJ would finish Dodson but I did expect him to take a comfortable decision, what I didn't expect was how amazing he looked at doing it. The angles he was taking, that lead right, the wrestling clinic. DJ is easily #1 or #2 on the P4P list of active fighters.

Mir/AA was a weird one. I thought AA would get in there, stand for a bit and put Mir out but he looked tentative. He must've watched the Mir/Duffee knockout too many times. Mir looked confident but also terrible at the same time. It looked like Mir thought he knew what he was doing and his corner wasn't helping much either.

Rumble/Munawa pretty much went as I had expected. Rumble looked a bit wild but considering Manuwa isn't known for his wrestling chops, he didn't have to worry too much about getting taken down.

PVZ/Chambers was a mauling. At quite a few points, I thought the ref was going to jump in or Chambers' corner would call it. PVZ looked great and I really hope they continue to develop her rather than throw her in against Joanna Champion.

Pearson/Felder was a fun match but Felder has definitely been disappointing. He looked great coming in as a late replacement against Barboza and I expected with more time, he would be able to take out Pearson.

Rivera/Lineker was the best brawl I've seen since Stann/Wandy. Lineker going up in weight and standing with a guy with KO power and come away with a submission was amazing to watch. It wasn't the most technical but every now and then, I do appreciate a good bar brawl.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#78 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Sep 6, 2015 11:59 pm

He does that with all champs doesn't he?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#79 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 7, 2015 1:05 am

lilfishi22 wrote:lol @ Rumble saying the finish wasn't something he trained. But it must be "muscle memory" :nod:

This is the same dummy who gave a big speech about "never giving up" 5 seconds after he tapped out during his last fight.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#80 » by REDDzone » Mon Sep 7, 2015 1:08 am

Uh oh, Mighty Mouse dropped the f word again in reference to fans who booed him.

He is just so edgy now! This is crazy.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts