Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 4

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 4 

Post#841 » by REDDzone » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:48 pm

Still have to wonder how DC will be affected in future fights, even if its just mentally. He has said in the past that he and Cain do not spar, they FIGHT every day in the gym. His point as I took it was basically how could you not be prepared for a fight if you fight Cain Velasquez everyday in the gym. But he said in that interview that Cain really dialed it back and it worked really well for him. DC still spars with the likes of Rockhold, etc. but if he doesn't have Cain anymore to go hard with (relatively speaking) then it will be interesting to see how he responds.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,826

Post#842 » by Jasen777 » Sat Dec 3, 2016 9:03 pm

Gerald Harris in Legacy slam KO'd a guy - who had missed weight by 50 pounds.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/12/legacy-fc-63-results-brutal-gerald-harris-slam-lays-out-aaron-cobb-in-first-round
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#843 » by REDDzone » Sun Dec 4, 2016 12:51 am

I'm a fan of Gerald Harris.

Also in other nonthreadworthy news, WME has fired Chuck and Hughes. Sounds like this is their plan to make their investment back - stop the unnecessary expenses like these BS fighter jobs and comping fighters' tickets to events, etc.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#844 » by REDDzone » Sun Dec 4, 2016 12:57 am

Carla Esparza has been getting ripped apart online. She made a post about how she has to sell her tuf motorcycle because she is so broke, but a quick social media search shows her lifestyle is way out of control - $1000 desserts (you read that right), trips to Bahamas, Ecuador, and the French Riviera in the last year or so. One fight in each of the last four years for her.
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#845 » by Jasen777 » Sun Dec 4, 2016 1:24 am

REDDzone wrote:but a quick social media search shows her lifestyle is way out of control - $1000 desserts (you read that right), trips to Bahamas, Ecuador, and the French Riviera in the last year or so.

Is there a summary of that somewhere? My social media game is pretty weak.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#846 » by REDDzone » Sun Dec 4, 2016 2:49 am

Jasen777 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:but a quick social media search shows her lifestyle is way out of control - $1000 desserts (you read that right), trips to Bahamas, Ecuador, and the French Riviera in the last year or so.

Is there a summary of that somewhere? My social media game is pretty weak.

Same here actually. l I recall the ice cream thing happening but here is the page in the thread where I read the vacay stuff (with pictures provided):

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/UnderGround/Carla-Esparza-flat-broke:2617236-6

There's a bunch of other stuff too, ridiculously expensive dinners, apparently she bought a very expensive puppy recently, just all kinds of random stuff.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#847 » by REDDzone » Sun Dec 4, 2016 2:54 am

Another wrinkle to this story - and this is just what I read on reddit/forums so take it FWIW, but apparently Carla has been offered fights from the ufc, but she refuses the fights they are offering (Gadelha). She wants "warm up fights".

God, by the time you get that attitude. I just don't know if you can mentally compete with the best in the division anymore.

edit: Shoot the instagram thing embedded but it was the comment I wanted to display, not the picture.

REDDzone
RealGM

Post#848 » by REDDzone » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:59 am

Apparently a drunk and high Eddie Bravo let slip on JRE tonight that Goldberg was being let go by WME.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#849 » by Susan » Sun Dec 4, 2016 6:44 pm

REDDzone wrote:Apparently a drunk and high Eddie Bravo let slip on JRE tonight that Goldberg was being let go by WME.

Nah...they were talking about Bill Goldberg....wait, they were talking about the TV show "The Goldbergs"!

Pretty hilarious how awkward that was.

Bill Goldberg is MASSIVE bro.
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#850 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 12:45 am

REDDzone
RealGM

Post#851 » by REDDzone » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:45 pm

LOL this fight companion is just ridiculous from the start. Rogan just has a need to be contrarian I think. Schaub and Callen are clearly mocking Eddie for his CT talk (of course Eddie is all in on pizzagate LOL). Rogan of course profoundly argues that "the truth is somewhere in the middle" re pizzagate.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#852 » by REDDzone » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:59 pm

Eddie is such an idiot. Its usually forgivable because he's usually cordial and mostly harmless. When he goes into this condescending mode, despite being by far the dumbest guy in the room (a room including two comedians and a former fighter), its just insufferable.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,459

Post#853 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 5, 2016 5:01 pm

For months Eddie was insisting that Trump was put forth as a patsy by the Illuminati to allow their puppet Hilary to be elected. He'd be all smug talking about Trump, like "don't worry", this is all part of the game. You could hear the condescending smirk on his face as he talked.

In the face of disconfirming evidence he will naturally reconsider his worldview.

Top EB moment was on a Rogan-EB FC when he went on for 10 minutes about the T.V. show Gotham is "how it really works". A conspiracy friend of his noted it, he was all in. Gotham is a profound meditation on the mechanisms of government. A legit 5-10 minutes on Gotham.

Go to school, kids.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#854 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 5, 2016 5:04 pm

REDDzone wrote:Eddie is such an idiot. Its usually forgivable because he's usually cordial and mostly harmless. When he goes into this condescending mode, despite being by far the dumbest guy in the room (a room including two comedians and a former fighter), its just insufferable.

The condescension, yes. It's insane. He's saying, "spin your wheels, peons, it's cute. But I see through all the mystifications into the heart of how things really work."
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#855 » by REDDzone » Mon Dec 5, 2016 5:13 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
REDDzone wrote:Eddie is such an idiot. Its usually forgivable because he's usually cordial and mostly harmless. When he goes into this condescending mode, despite being by far the dumbest guy in the room (a room including two comedians and a former fighter), its just insufferable.

The condescension, yes. It's insane. He's saying, "spin your wheels, peons, it's cute. But I see through all the mystifications into the heart of how things really work."

Joe says air is mostly made up of nitrogen. "Where did you hear that Joe? The internet? Or the library." Joe states the internet and Eddie gets smug. "Oh it can't be true if you read it on the internet, only if you read it at the library" he says sarcastically, as if everything on 'the internet' should be given equal weight and his ridiculous youtube conspiracy "documentaries" are credible.

LOL once again, Callen talks about how oil is priced (essentially supply and demand)...Eddie thinks its priced by a nefarious small cabal of unknown powerful men...Rogan says "the truth is somewhere in the middle". :lol:
Jasen777
Head Coach

Post#856 » by Jasen777 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 5:41 pm

REDDzone wrote:LOL once again, Callen talks about how oil is priced (essentially supply and demand)...Eddie thinks its priced by a nefarious small cabal of unknown powerful men...Rogan says "the truth is somewhere in the middle". :lol:

Well he's kinda right on that one, as the supply part of the equation can be significantly effected by OPEC (which is more of a large cabal I guess).
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#857 » by REDDzone » Mon Dec 5, 2016 6:11 pm

LOL I would be floored if Bravo had ever heard of OPEC (unless he learned about it on CT youtube vids). His latest seems to be that NASA is evil, so he probably thinks the oil supply is ran by NASA.

By the way he thinks this shadowy cabal runs the entire world government and economy, not just oil production and prices, that was just the one example Callen seized on.
cowboyronnie
RealGM

Post#858 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 5, 2016 9:59 pm

REDDzone wrote:Apparently a drunk and high Eddie Bravo let slip on JRE tonight that Goldberg was being let go by WME.

He has watched the business chew-up and leave shattered hundreds of people. It's hard to feel sorry when it turns on him, he's certainly made 6 figures for 15+ years.

There's no way Buffer can get cut, is there? Such a douche.But he's too woven into the fabric. Maybe they could make him clean toilets the other 41 hours a week he isn't attending events? And provide a dedicated Facebook Live feed of it? Toilets outside a whey protein smoothie stand.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#859 » by Cammo101 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:28 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:

He has watched the business chew-up and leave shattered hundreds of people. It's hard to feel sorry when it turns on him, he's certainly made 6 figures for 15+ years.

There's no way Buffer can get cut, is there? Such a douche.But he's too woven into the fabric. Maybe they could make him clean toilets the other 41 hours a week he isn't attending events? And provide a dedicated Facebook Live feed of it? Toilets outside a whey protein smoothie stand.

I'd read that Goldy was already planning to leave to go do play by play for the new Vegas hockey team. So, I don't think we have to worry about his kids not being able to eat.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#860 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Dec 5, 2016 10:29 pm

That's part of why I love listening to Edgy brah. His CTs are so outlandish sometimes and he believes it and it's hilarious. If you listen to him on a purely entertainment perspective, it's gold. I also love Callen bringing reason to the conversation even though he gets ridiculed too often. The condescension isn't nice and I don't like Rogan playing devil's advocate all the time, even dummy Schaub got in there saying "where there's smoke there's fire," but for me, it's just good fun.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts