TUF 24 + 12/3 finale card with Mighty Mouse

Moderator: lilfishi22

Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Re: TUF 24 + 12/3 finale card with Mighty Mouse 

Post#61 » by Susan » Sun Dec 4, 2016 11:37 pm

Bernman wrote:
Susan wrote:Nobody is going to smash Ryan Hall enough to mount him in MMA. Maybe through serious GnP but playing in 50/50 mitigates that.

It's the same difference in MMA standing over a guy and seriously gnp'ing him while he is in a totally prone position on his back or front, whether your knees are on the mat over his or not.

What? 50/50 is nothing like a totally prone position. in 50/50 both parties are capable of controlling the other because you're able to control their hips. That's nothing like a prone position. The other person would have to smash Hall in that position (unlikely) to get a dominant top position and then lay the wood on Hall while still controlling him from scrambling. Nobody is doing that.

Bernman wrote:Against higher level fighters/ground guys he's going to need to add new tools and implement them, like conventional td's, boxing, and a dangerous guard he can protect himself with at the same time. Pulling and rolling to 50/50 guard (which is a misnomer in MMA) should be something in his back pocket against the likes of Lamas, Bermudez, Ortega, Elkins, Barao and guys like that. They'd get passed those kicks and use those rolls for dominant positions to gnp him to oblivion.

Developing a dangerous guard? Before helping popularize the 50/50 guard, he was known as a triangle master. This was his 7th MMA fight.

Grey refused to engage and throw hard. If/when he did, Hall would have been able to close the distance easier and those rolls would have been more effective.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#62 » by REDDzone » Mon Dec 5, 2016 12:27 am

Yea, his name in the grappling world is synonymous with triangles. He has literally hundreds of triangle victories in bjj and submission wrestling. He even has a best selling instructional on triangles which is very good. He was also a medalist at ADCC although I think there was kind of a lot of weird circumstances that led to that IIRC but regardless its impressive and certainly makes someone one of the best grapplers in the world.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#63 » by Bernman » Mon Dec 5, 2016 3:53 am

Well then he should start implementing that part of his game more in the near future to control his opponent's posture while going for subs so he doesn't get pounded into submission himself in the process. That, and he should make attempts to get on top when someone enters into boxing range instead of solely pulling guard or rolling into leg locks.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#64 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:44 pm

Bernman wrote:I feel like I was watching another fight than people from the Cejudo-Benavidez scoring. Cejudo was the one doing the alpha male'ing, lighting up Benavidez to the body and leg with kicks, and handily winning the boxing exchanges. Benavidez looked bereft of answers and was always a step behind. Then he not only wins, but on one card 30-26?!?! That's the weirdest score I think I've ever seen.

Not just you, everyone but the judges saw it that way. I have never seen a crowd deafen an interview with boos. Stann called it out too.

The judges are ruining the sport. After round 1, I knew they were going to eff it up. I seriously did not even want to continue watching. These idiots are going to be coin-flipping, I thought, they have no idea what is happening in that ring. It's too fast-paced, they will not be attentive, Cejudo is going to get screwed.

And it happened. Cejudo bashed him backwards the whole fight. He KD'd him, he had him scrambling, he won the vast majority of exchanges, he took him down. He won every round.

The KD and dominance in the first 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt gave Cejudo that round. But **** Trowbridge gave it to JB!!? That has to be punished by the commission. Put the man in front a T.V. today and have him tell you how the hell he can justify rd 1. "Heads = red corner, tails = blue corner...it came up Heads" that's the only way that decision could have been made. He has no idea what happened. He saw two tiny men throwing limbs, he can't distinguish what is going on, he's a thousand years old. Get rid of him.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#65 » by cowboyronnie » Mon Dec 5, 2016 4:49 pm

Trowbridge fresh from giving Ward-Kovolev to Ward, BTW.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts