UFC 207 (12/30): Nunes vs Rousey (T-Mobile Arena,Las Vegas)....

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: RE: Re: UFC 207 (12/30): Nunes vs Rousey (T-Mobile Arena,Las Vegas).... 

Post#201 » by REDDzone » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:23 am

Bruh Man wrote:I think for the most part when a lot of the other variables are the same then yes you go with who has the most experience.

But that thread was ridiculous though, no way Ronda stands a chance against some of the freak atheletes in the NFL.

This is all fun debate, but if you think any nfl or nba dude stands a chance in hell against Mighty Mouse you can lose my number.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,233

Re: UFC 207 (12/30): Nunes vs Rousey (T-Mobile Arena,Las Vegas).... 

Post#202 » by Mehar » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:24 am

REDDzone wrote:
BigUps wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Oh good, Joe didn't interview Rhonda, thank goodness. So who does Nunes fight next now?

Are you kidding me? Ronda ran out of the octagon so fast after Nunes hand was raised that Joe had no shot at an interview. She's embarrassed and has to be doubting her career.

Its time for her to be an actress because she's not a fighter anymore.

Didn't her movies get canceled? IDK I don't get into pop culture, but someone told me that.

Two of her movies got cancelled- Mile 22 and Road House. Apparently, the Directors were not impressed with her acting. Her MMA career is over. A good athlete- but i always felt she was overrated, and got by fighting in a weak BW division. Avoided 145 with Cyborg for obvious reasons. She made her millions, and off to the Fake World Of Wrestling.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,806

Post#203 » by Prez » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:27 am

Ronda and Conor showing the world the complete opposite ends of how to deal with adversity.
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: UFC 207 (12/30): Nunes vs Rousey (T-Mobile Arena,Las Vegas).... 

Post#204 » by RalphWiggum » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:32 am

REDDzone wrote:
RalphWiggum wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:
I mean many NFL players have experience hitting women, so no.

A couple years ago this board was filled with people saying she'd smoke 225lb NFL players for fun. I wonder if they now think Nunes could do the same.

That is honestly as much an indictment of how bad non martial artists are at fighting as it is anything else. There was literally one guy on realgm arguing that the nfl player would win because he could bench more than she could, and that's not an exaggeration.

Honestly the argument isn't man vs woman so much as it is a question of opinion regarding how much of a factor you think strength plays in a fight vs how much factor training/MA experience counts for.

Personally, I generally think most people who train can beat most people who don't train.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. The women who train to fight especially at the level it takes to fight in the UFC are incredible athletes and fighters but fighting men who outweigh them by close to 100 pounds that are in excellent physical condition who get tackled by 300 pound men 25 times a game is something even insanely skilled 135 pound women can't handle.

I'm not taking Jon Jones over a 275 pound black bear because he knows how to sink in a triangle. At some point those things don't matter.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#205 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:34 am

Fitting ending to one of the most overrated fighters in UFC history. Rousey was the recipient of a really weak women's division that had no fighters with stand up skills. She didn't regress, it's just the calibre of fighters got better and she got exposed. I don't think she thought she had a chance against Nunez and only came back because the UFC threw so much money at her.

It wasn't out of lack of trying, she looked in great shape, and looked really serious walking to the ring. Once the bell rung, she quickly looked terrified and no matter what training she received, does not have the hand/eye coordination of a puncher like Nunez. I hope she saved her money because unless they make 7 or 8 Expendable movies, her acting career is over as well.

The UFC should be more distraught than her though. They now have one mega star left in McGregor and are praying he doesn't get bombed like that in his next fight. Losing to Diaz in a competitive fight out of your weight class doesn't really hurt you but a quick K.O. does a lot of damage. Fighters who lose quickly that way when it's unexpected never seem to fully recover.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#206 » by SichtingLives » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:34 am

Milbuck wrote:Ronda and Conor showing the world the complete opposite ends of how to deal with adversity.

To be totally honest, a couple years ago I thought Conor was heading down this same road as soon as he started fighting top level guys. Pretty far off on that one. otoh I thought Ronda at least had the skills to stick around for a while. She just doesn't have the mindset of a fighter, only that of a bully. Also if I never see that d-head Edmund again I'll be psyched. Whole hell of a lot he did for her stand-up this past year. Cue winging punches gif
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
REDDzone
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: UFC 207 (12/30): Nunes vs Rousey (T-Mobile Arena,Las Vegas).... 

Post#207 » by REDDzone » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:37 am

edit.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#208 » by CPT » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:37 am

CrazyKnicks wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:
Slo wrote:i cant imagine Hollywood putting her into alot more movies as the same character they were using her before.

I was always a little skeptical of her acting career, this doesn't help obviously.

Her best bet is WWE, at least she can "win" a fight there :lol:

This. Really.
RalphWiggum
RealGM

Post#209 » by RalphWiggum » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:37 am

REDDzone wrote:
Bruh Man wrote:I think for the most part when a lot of the other variables are the same then yes you go with who has the most experience.

But that thread was ridiculous though, no way Ronda stands a chance against some of the freak atheletes in the NFL.

This is all fun debate, but if you think any nfl or nba dude stands a chance in hell against Mighty Mouse you can lose my number.

Totally different, men and women are not at the same level.

I would argue the occasional huge lineman might and up on top end crush mighty mouse.
Bruh Man
Analyst
And1: 743

Post#210 » by Bruh Man » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:37 am

REDDzone wrote:

What does Mighty Mouse have to do with Ronda? He's the most dominate champ in the UFC with a complete skill set unlike Rousey who relies heavily on her Judo, and some were saying she would beat Mayweather lol.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#211 » by REDDzone » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:40 am

I don't really like the emerging narrative (on twitter, etc.) that the division is just so much better now and has surpassed Ronda. Ronda was armbarring chicks in four seconds that finished Nunes like last year.

Ronda is a shot fighter. She will never be good again. Its a mental thing probably more than anything.

The Ronda that entered the cage was not the same Ronda that entered the cage vs Cat or Bethe.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#212 » by REDDzone » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:43 am

Bruh Man wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

What does Mighty Mouse have to do with Ronda? He's the most dominate champ in the UFC with a complete skill set unlike Rousey who relies heavily on her Judo, and some were saying she would beat Mayweather lol.

Did you even read the post of mine that you responded to? For me, its not men vs women. Its how much you favor size/strength vs martial arts prowess.

These NFL dudes may be 3 times as strong as an mma fighter, but they probably don't have 1/50th of the martial arts prowess.

EDIT: Anyway, this discussion being rehashed for the 75th time isn't going to change anyone's mind or uncover any new arguments. And tbh its boring to me at this point. So I'm going to bow out. Peace homie.
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#213 » by REDDzone » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:46 am

RalphWiggum wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

Totally different, men and women are not at the same level.

I would argue the occasional huge lineman might end up on top end crush mighty mouse.

I like your agree to disagree idea. :D

Don't answer my last question. I'll edit it out.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#214 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:47 am

REDDzone wrote:
RalphWiggum wrote:I guess we'll agree to disagree. The women who train to fight especially at the level it takes to fight in the UFC are incredible athletes and fighters but fighting men who outweigh them by close to 100 pounds that are in excellent physical condition who get tackled by 300 pound men 25 times a game is something even insanely skilled 135 pound women can't handle.

I'm not taking Jon Jones over a 275 pound black bear because he knows how to sink in a triangle. At some point those things don't matter.

Do you take GSP over Shaq?

Have you not seen Shaq fight Barkley once during an NBA game? I would take you over Shaq if I knew you took boxing lessons. NBA players (and most athletes in general except for hockey goons and Roughned Odor) fight like flailing chickens.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#215 » by Jasen777 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:48 am

Read on Twitter
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#216 » by SichtingLives » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:49 am

A safer fight might've saved her. Given her a chance to restore some confidence. She literally got fed to the Lioness. That's a lot of pressure to put on someone who just suffered a breakdown after her last fight. This is easy to say after the fact, but she had no chance standing with Nunes. Oh well. UFC's loss. I'm also concerned with her future. I don't have much love for her but I hope she finds her way.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
RalphWiggum
RealGM

Post#217 » by RalphWiggum » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:50 am

https://youtu.be/2QOEIQ3_Kuo

Skip ahead to the 4:20 mark. I realize the guy he destroys isn't a UFC fighter but it gives you an idea of how strong these guys are. Him against even a poor 170 pound fighter he loses almost all the time but even with no training probably pulls off a win or two. Put him in against a 135 pound fighter in a closed space like the octagon he still probably loses more times than not but we're definitely not in that total fluke range anymore.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
REDDzone
RealGM

Post#218 » by REDDzone » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:51 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:Have you not seen Shaq fight Barkley once during an NBA game? I would take you over Shaq if I knew you took boxing lessons. NBA players (and most athletes in general except for hockey goons and Roughned Odor) fight like flailing chickens.

That's what it looks like when people who don't train, fight. That's literally my entire point.
RalphWiggum
RealGM

Post#219 » by RalphWiggum » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:52 am

Bruh Man wrote:
REDDzone wrote:

I'd love to dig back in the archives and see the people who thought she would beat him.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#220 » by Jasen777 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:53 am

Cruz is quite the speaker considering all the damage he took.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts