UFC on Fox 24: Mighty Mouse vs. Wilson Reis

Moderator: lilfishi22

REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Re: UFC on Fox 24: Mighty Mouse vs. Wilson Reis 

Post#41 » by REDDzone » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:18 pm

I don't see what's quiet about the beatdowns that dude has been laying down. :)
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#42 » by Cammo101 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:59 pm

REDDzone wrote:I don't see what's quiet about the beatdowns that dude has been laying down. :)

They tend to be happening by and large on invisible cards. The UFC is not doing a good job right now of exposing certain top tier guys, Whittaker is certainly one of them.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#43 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:12 am

Cammo101 wrote:
REDDzone wrote:I don't see what's quiet about the beatdowns that dude has been laying down. :)

They tend to be happening by and large on invisible cards. The UFC is not doing a good job right now of exposing certain top tier guys, Whittaker is certainly one of them.

Jesus. You guys with your constant back-biting of UFC strategy. Whittaker is 26 years old and was just put in the ring with an old lion, after headlining a Fight Night in his home country. How could you have brought him along more superior-ily? While weighing the costs and limits? Not everyone can be lead fight of huge PPVs. Things like regional Fight Nights for local fighters make back their money while offering experience and reputation potential. That was exactly where Whittaker was one fight ago. Now he has a huge name on his mantle. What else would you have done?

The guy has little wrestling or grappling, is 26, and has as of this weekend now generated a ton of interest and is being talked about for a fight with Rockhold. *UFC FAIL*.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,869

Post#44 » by Jasen777 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:16 am

cowboyronnie wrote:The guy has little wrestling or grappling, is 26, and has as of this weekend now generated a ton of interest and is being talked about for a fight with Rockhold. *UFC FAIL*.

Might Mouse was on top the card though, so no one saw Whitaker.
cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Post#45 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:19 am

But they did. People are talking about it. It got him highlights, it will be put on YouTube for free in advance of the next card he's on, it will live a life on Fight Pass.

And _someone_ has to be on Mighty Mouse cards. I blame Reis for the lack of interest anyways. Cut to 105 pounds already.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#46 » by REDDzone » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:51 pm

Cammo101 wrote:

Like UFC on Fox and other main events? Those get more viewership that PPVs.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Cammo101
Mr. Mock Draft
And1: 1,765

Post#47 » by Cammo101 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:26 pm

REDDzone wrote:
Cammo101 wrote:

Like UFC on Fox and other main events? Those get more viewership that PPVs.

Looking back through Sherdog, he seems to have been on a lot more big PPV cards than I remembered. He's maybe not a good example of up and comers getting buried. I think Whittaker has a chance to become a real draw if he keeps dropping dudes.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#48 » by High 5 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:29 pm

I'm not as hardcore as any of you, but I follow more than the average fan for sure. And I really couldn't have told you anything about Whittaker before the other night. But now I'm interested in his future. So maybe you're both kind of right.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts