WWE TV Thread Goes Hollywood

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Re: WWE TV Thread Goes Hollywood 

Post#1981 » by tugs » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:35 pm

I just watched the full match of Nakamura and Zayn. I'm in tears...

That storytelling without the buildup but the hype. Amazing. The animosity between the two was so believable that every strike shows how much they despise each other even if they don't. It's like Shinsuke saying, "Oh so you're the top dog here!" and wanting to be the one to topple the main guy down and Sami defending his turf.

Those strikes are so stiff that I doubt Nakamura will fit well with the main roster. Very vicious. If the Curb Stomp and chair shots to the head are banned, I don't see the logic that they allow such hard hits.

But man that match. Could be my favorite from the past decade.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#1982 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Brand split news/rumor

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/721445-updated-2016-wwe-pay-per-view-calendar-reportedly-leaks-online-includes-major-changes-including-addition-of-brand-specific-shows

Code: Select all

(Rumored and unconfirmed RAW events): 

Clash Of Champions
September 25th, Indianapolis, IN

Hell In a Cell
October 30th, Boston, MA

Roadblock
December 18th, Pittsburgh, PA

Smackdown would see the following events, including the return of the “Backlash” PPV, formerly a April event from 1999 through 2009, and “No Mercy”:

(Rumored and unconfirmed SD! events):

Backlash
September 11th, Richmond, VA

No Mercy
October 9th, Sacramento, CA

TLC
December 4th, Dallas, TX

The rumored calendar also featured WWE Summerslam and WWE Survivor Series, both still listed as co-branded events.

There had been rumor that they were bringing back Clash of Champions (old WCW staple) and it looks like it's replacing Night of Champions. They've been promoting "Night of Champions" here in Indy for about a month now.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1983 » by Flames24Rulz » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:13 pm

Not really a fan of them going to a PPV for each show for every single month, but at this point, it seems like it is what it is.

At least they're bringing back some of the old PPV names.
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,137

Post#1984 » by Heat3 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:52 pm

What are they going to do with the championship belts? Another split? They should bring back the big gold belt and replace the thing thy have now. I'd prefer if they get rid of the US championship and bring it back to the old days of just the World, Intercontinental, Tag team and Women's belts.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#1985 » by studcrackers » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:43 am

tugs wrote:I just watched the full match of Nakamura and Zayn. I'm in tears...

That storytelling without the buildup but the hype. Amazing. The animosity between the two was so believable that every strike shows how much they despise each other even if they don't. It's like Shinsuke saying, "Oh so you're the top dog here!" and wanting to be the one to topple the main guy down and Sami defending his turf.

Those strikes are so stiff that I doubt Nakamura will fit well with the main roster. Very vicious. If the Curb Stomp and chair shots to the head are banned, I don't see the logic that they allow such hard hits.

But man that match. Could be my favorite from the past decade.

i was there live for that match and oh man that match. holy sh*t. the only other match that ive seen live that ive come close to enjoying as much is bryan vs hhh at 30. but ive probably watched zayn/nakamura at least 7 or 8 times since that night
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,896

Post#1986 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:41 pm

I watched Smackdown for the first time in several weeks yesterday primarily for two reasons, I wanted to see if they'd address Reigns' absence (they didn't) and who, if anyone, would replace Jerry Lawler at commentary. The answer to the latter was David Otunga. I thought he was okay. The tools are clearly there, he was natural and didn't seem timid or out of place. I'm not sure if he was a permanent or semi-permanent option but he didn't seem to be firmly a babyface or heel.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1987 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:32 pm

safi wrote:I watched Smackdown for the first time in several weeks yesterday primarily for two reasons, I wanted to see if they'd address Reigns' absence (they didn't) and who, if anyone, would replace Jerry Lawler at commentary. The answer to the latter was David Otunga. I thought he was okay. The tools are clearly there, he was natural and didn't seem timid or out of place. I'm not sure if he was a permanent or semi-permanent option but he didn't seem to be firmly a babyface or heel.

I'd like to see them give DB that spot. He and Ranallo sound great together from the little bit of time we got to see them on the CWC "roster reveal" last night.

Another guy who would be awesome would be Corey Graves, although I'd really miss him on NXT.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,896

Post#1988 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:09 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
safi wrote:I watched Smackdown for the first time in several weeks yesterday primarily for two reasons, I wanted to see if they'd address Reigns' absence (they didn't) and who, if anyone, would replace Jerry Lawler at commentary. The answer to the latter was David Otunga. I thought he was okay. The tools are clearly there, he was natural and didn't seem timid or out of place. I'm not sure if he was a permanent or semi-permanent option but he didn't seem to be firmly a babyface or heel.

I'd like to see them give DB that spot. He and Ranallo sound great together from the little bit of time we got to see them on the CWC "roster reveal" last night.

Another guy who would be awesome would be Corey Graves, although I'd really miss him on NXT.

I'd like Bryan if they were moving to more of a sports-like presentation such as they're doing in the CWC. Bryan as your standard heel commentator would be a waste. Graves-Ranallo is the team if you want to have that standard heel-face dynamic.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1989 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:36 pm

safi wrote:
Dunthreevy wrote:

I'd like Bryan if they were moving to more of a sports-like presentation such as they're doing in the CWC. Bryan as your standard heel commentator would be a waste. Graves-Ranallo is the team if you want to have that standard heel-face dynamic.

I can agree with that. Bryan's too likable to do the heel routine (although I think it's been done to death anyway and isn't totally necessary).
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1990 » by Spens1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:12 am

where on earth was Corey Graves? always thought him and Ranello would clearly be the choice for the smackdown commentary team and then they have the 3 stooges on raw
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,941

Post#1991 » by iMoreland » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:21 am

At SummerSlam or WM33, how bout the first ever Triple Threat Ironman match between the Shield trio?
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1992 » by iMoreland » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:50 am

During the first draft, groups/tag teams were drafted together. I hope they do that again.

I'm gonna be pissed if they split up Enzo & Cass or The New Day.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1993 » by improper » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:25 am

Spens1 wrote:

where on earth was Corey Graves? always thought him and Ranello would clearly be the choice for the smackdown commentary team and then they have the 3 stooges on raw

He may have had another company commitment that night...maybe an NXT show or something. Otunga sounds like he was picked solely because they were on short notice and he was there already.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1994 » by iMoreland » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:10 pm

We hit 100 pages again. I think for the brand split we should have a Raw TV Thread and a Smackdown TV Thread.

Also, Finn is either debuting tonight or he's trolling again
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#1995 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:27 pm

iMoreland wrote:We hit 100 pages again. I think for the brand split we should have a Raw TV Thread and a Smackdown TV Thread.

I'm sure he's just trolling.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#1996 » by Dunthreevy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:54 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
iMoreland wrote:We hit 100 pages again. I think for the brand split we should have a Raw TV Thread and a Smackdown TV Thread.

Coincidentally, WWE dropped their trademark claim on "Balor Club" recently.

Also, how was Finn trolling? I don't see anything remarkable on his social media accounts.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1997 » by iMoreland » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:31 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:

Coincidentally, WWE dropped their trademark claim on "Balor Club" recently.

Also, how was Finn trolling? I don't see anything remarkable on his social media accounts.

He deleted it lol. He posted a pic of him in the arena of Raw tonight.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1998 » by iMoreland » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 pm

Finn deleted this as soon as he posted it

[tweet]https://twitter.com/johncenaAm/status/747535458993840128[/tweet]
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,751

Post#1999 » by Stanford » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 pm

INTERESTING. Let's make the next one a joint thread and see what the interest for SD! is like.
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#2000 » by iMoreland » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:50 pm

14 years ago today, John Cena debuted

14 years later.. Finn?

Return to Pro Wrestling