Wrestling DVD/Podcasts/Shoots Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,903

Re: Wrestling DVD/Podcasts/Shoots Thread 

Post#201 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Apr 9, 2014 7:41 pm

I think its a bad idea for PPV's but I actually kinda like it for TV matches. I think you can rationalize that as PPV is where you have the most evenly matched matchups plus guys are fighting for titles and settling grudges.

I also think it could be a cool way to sort of elevate a guy. Whenever Sam Zayn debuts he wrestles for a couple months, wins a couple feuds and then in some backstage segment gets on the wrong side of some heel authority figure and they put him in a match with Randy Orton. Orton gets most of the offense but Zayn gets some and then they hit the 15 minutes and the announcers just start going nuts talking about how this rookie just went to a draw with an 11-time champion.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#202 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 9, 2014 8:14 pm

Stanford wrote:I just don't agree with his philosophy that having no time limits exposes the business. I think it would definitely be an interesting gimmick, and I'm on record as saying the Brisco 15 champion was an awesome idea, but I actually like that match times are open ended.

I didn't listen to the podcast. In what ways does no time limit expose the business?
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#203 » by Marcus » Wed Apr 9, 2014 8:15 pm

safi wrote:I also think it could be a cool way to sort of elevate a guy. Whenever Sam Zayn debuts he wrestles for a couple months, wins a couple feuds and then in some backstage segment gets on the wrong side of some heel authority figure and they put him in a match with Randy Orton. Orton gets most of the offense but Zayn gets some and then they hit the 15 minutes and the announcers just start going nuts talking about how this rookie just went to a draw with an 11-time champion.

a scenario like this is where I can see the effectiveness of time limits in matches.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#204 » by Celtics_Champs » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Does anyone have a download to Wrestling Road Diaries Too?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,848

Post#205 » by Stanford » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:Does anyone have a download to Wrestling Road Diaries Too?

http://wrestlingroaddiaries.com/

Support Colt you turd.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#206 » by Celtics_Champs » Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:06 am

Stanford wrote:
Celtics_Champs wrote:Does anyone have a download to Wrestling Road Diaries Too?

http://wrestlingroaddiaries.com/

Support Colt you turd.

Isn't that punkers job?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#207 » by Stanford » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:16 am

Ha!
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#208 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:00 pm

Heyman was so good on SASu today. His Tuesday interview was kind of lame, but he took over this one and killed it. Two awesome lines about Vince:

“It was Saturday and Vince was off Saturday... and Vince was bored”
“I’m going to work out until I PUKE”
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#209 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:29 am

Hot Rod vs Nash is funny stuff. I hope they do a podcast.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#210 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:10 am

Nash's wife really needs to keep him off his phone/computer when he's drunk at 2 AM. He did the same thing a while back when Scott Hall first started living with DDP, he went on some pissed off rant about how DDP didn't know what he was doing. And then a couple days later, basically took it all back.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#211 » by Stanford » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:32 pm

Austin’s case study on the rat is hilarious.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#212 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Figured this thread would be suitable for the discussion of Mick Foley's stand-up comedy routine. My fiance and I went to see him perform last night and the show is flat out awesome. It's a wrestling centric show of course, but he makes it funny even for non-fans. I was blown away by how good he is. He also does a bit of Q&A at the end of the show.

I got the club a little bit late, but the opener was still on and I was being shown to my table by the wait staff. When we went inside the doors to the main room, Mick was standing just inside the door so I was actually able to say hello to him and shake his hand and wish him luck. He's a much bigger guy than I imagined. I'm 6'1 and he had a good inch or two of height on me and is obviously a pretty hefty guy. After I got to my seat, he then came up and sat at the table next to me, which is the staging area for the next comedian. He definitely looked like he was getting a little nervous before going up (most performers do) but once he hit the stage he looked completely comfortable. He does a completely curse free show, which is cool. I strongly advise all of you to check out his show if he's in your area. Tickets were $25 and the club was packed wall to wall. Probably 300-350 people total. My fiance has been slowly becoming a fan of WWE since we got together almost 4 years ago, but last night she finally professed that she's genuinely enjoys professional wrestling. Thanks, Mick!
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#213 » by jr lucosa » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:47 pm

BUY NOW TO WIN 1 of 100 Limited Edition, Signed Sheik Movie DVDs with a Personal Tweet from The Sheik.
Contest Ends May 8th 2014.

http://sheikmovie.com/Shop

If you are interested in purchasing The Sheik, you may want to do so before May 8th.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#214 » by Stanford » Tue May 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Vader is an awesome interview. Everyone should check out Austin's podcast today.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#215 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:03 pm

jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#216 » by jr lucosa » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:56 pm

WWE Hall-of-Famer Mick Foley is crossing North America on his Hardcore Legend tour, and during a recent show at the DC Improv in Washington, For The Win sat down with Foley to talk about his one-man show, his illustrious career, and the future of pro wrestling.

Good read imo

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/wwe-mic ... -interview
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#217 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm about 3/4 of the way through Jericho's podcast with Edge as his co-host and Heyman as the guest and I could not possibly recommend it more highly. They had, by far, the most illuminating conversation I've heard about CM Punk. The mindset that led to the departure, where his head is probably at with regards to the wrestling industry and when he could reasonably be expected to return. All three of these guys are guys that have left for years at a time and were burned out when they did. Edge's situation's obviously a little bit different but I know that he's said that it wasn't until he got out that he realized how burned out he actually was and that he could never go back to being a regular character and that he hasn't watched the show since he left.* Obviously they talked about ECW which everyone does with Heyman. But they also talked about the Smackdown six period, which isn't always discussed. This was the period where I thought Smackdown was without a shadow of a doubt the superior show and Jericho who was on Raw at the time was one person that agreed.

*When Batista came back one of the complaints I had about him was that he acted like he hadn't been paying any attention to the product while he was gone. And I contrasted that with Edge whom I had no idea if he was or wasn't watching the show but he acted like he'd been watching the show every week. And now that I know the answer to that question, further kudos to Edge.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#218 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:59 pm

safi wrote:I'm about 3/4 of the way through Jericho's podcast with Edge as his co-host and Heyman as the guest and I could not possibly recommend it more highly. They had, by far, the most illuminating conversation I've heard about CM Punk. The mindset that led to the departure, where his head is probably at with regards to the wrestling industry and when he could reasonably be expected to return. All three of these guys are guys that have left for years at a time and were burned out when they did. Edge's situation's obviously a little bit different but I know that he's said that it wasn't until he got out that he realized how burned out he actually was and that he could never go back to being a regular character and that he hasn't watched the show since he left.* Obviously they talked about ECW which everyone does with Heyman. But they also talked about the Smackdown six period, which isn't always discussed. This was the period where I thought Smackdown was without a shadow of a doubt the superior show and Jericho who was on Raw at the time was one person that agreed.

*When Batista came back one of the complaints I had about him was that he acted like he hadn't been paying any attention to the product while he was gone. And I contrasted that with Edge whom I had no idea if he was or wasn't watching the show but he acted like he'd been watching the show every week. And now that I know the answer to that question, further kudos to Edge.

He basically admitted to this in a recent interview. Pretty good interview actually.

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/batista- ... led/26222/
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#219 » by Stanford » Wed Aug 6, 2014 2:32 pm

TiJ with the Rhodes Bros was AWESOME! One of his best interviews. Cody talking about the moustache gimmick was hilarious. When anyone ever brings up Vince, Jericho starts laughing immediately.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#220 » by skbucks1985 » Wed Aug 6, 2014 11:20 pm

Just listened to JR's 2-part interview with Sting. After listening to it, I think you can get a much clearer idea of why Sting never went to WWE. He says that he didn't get wrestling where he grew up and it was very much the territory era during that time. And he said he was working in a gym in the early 80's and Hogan would come around and he knew the name Hulk Hogan but didn't recognize him. But it was the very end that I think explained it. Talking about his faith, talking about his son. He's the kind of guy that would turn down a WWE contract because it meant he would likely miss most of his son's football games.

Return to Pro Wrestling