Wrestling DVD/Podcasts/Shoots Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Re: Wrestling DVD/Podcasts/Shoots Thread 

Post#281 » by Coach Smiley » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:03 pm

damn Colt's site crashed, want to listen to this, reading the summary I now have even more respect for Punk, didn't think that was possible
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#282 » by Stanford » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:29 pm

I do not like that he gives ammunition to the mouth breathing cretins on the internet that watch Raw every week and then go online to whine about how awful it is.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#283 » by Marcus » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Coach Smiley wrote:damn Colt's site crashed, want to listen to this, reading the summary I now have even more respect for Punk, didn't think that was possible

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/11 ... a-podcast/

there ya go
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#284 » by Stanford » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Lol this guy thinks he's such a **** matyr.

Honestly, I couldn't listen to more than 20 minutes of it.
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#285 » by Celtics_Champs » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:00 pm

I've been waiting on this tell all for awhile, but after reading it, I wonder why. It's everything we read over the the past year. Seriously. We all guessed it.

Ryback thing was hilarious.
2009NBAChamps
Rookie
And1: 42

Post#286 » by 2009NBAChamps » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:32 am

I thought it was sincere. He's arrogant, but why shouldn't he be? The insight was meh, because as CC said it was what we all guessed, but good to validate.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#287 » by Marcus » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
jade_hippo
Starter
And1: 135

Post#288 » by jade_hippo » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:45 am

This made me fall in love with Ryback... he needs to be the one to beat Rusev and become the champion of the company.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#289 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Just listened to the full Punk podcast. Certainly makes him leaving the company seem a lot more reasonable. The whole wrestling with MRSA for 3 months and the doc refusing to acknowledge it would be enough to piss me off bad enough to never work for that company again.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#290 » by Marcus » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Dunthreevy wrote:piss me off bad enough to never work for that company again.

Watch More Basketball

SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#291 » by SDM » Mon Dec 1, 2014 2:09 pm

Stanford wrote:Lol this guy thinks he's such a **** matyr.

Honestly, I couldn't listen to more than 20 minutes of it.

It's unreal.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#292 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Dec 1, 2014 10:30 pm

I finally listened to the Punk interview and I probably agreed with him on 90-95% of what he said. I didn't agree with him about him making as much money as Rock for Mania and that Mania sells itself. If he wants to make that argument for Cena or Taker or HHH, I'd be willing to listen to that. I think you can point to several PPV's that Rock wrestled on that saw major increases. The two most obvious being WM 27 being a 30% increase over WM 26 which I don't know how you can attribute that to anybody but Rock and the Rumble he wrestled on which was the highest buy rate since 2002.

Beyond that though I was nodding my head in agreement with virtually everything else he said. A lot of people have jumped on the Ryback stuff and The Shield stuff. Ryback doesn't seem like a great athlete and is also super strong and a lot of his high impact offense seems like its an injury waiting to happen. The Shield stuff, having listened to enough interviews with former writers and wrestlers that there are a lot of really, really good ideas that get shelved or changed. That is really not a big deal.

The two main themes of it though were happiness and health above money and WWE specifically there medical team and Vince McMahon being, at best, half-assed in how they deal with injuries. On the first point, I'm glad Punk brought up the point about being an independent contractor. I'm an independent contractor and I have a primary employer, the big difference between my employment at my primary employer and WWE is that I can work a second or third job even if its with a direct competitor to my primary employer. Literally the only constraint I have is a 48 hour reciprocity agreement where if I'm scheduled and cancel inside of 48 hours they have the right to force me to come in but also if they cancel my shift inside of 48 hours I still get paid. So, he was perfectly within his legal rights to do what he did which is why him and his lawyer kicked there ass. And WWE's continuing label of employees as such is complete bs and why, I will, pretty much without exception always take the side of the employee in situations like this. And I've always thought rich people that hate there job are the stupidest people on earth. And it seemed like Punk realized he was one of those people and he probably lasted a lot longer than most people would after coming that realization.

The injury stuff, the part about Vince McMahon sounds very plausible. Vince is old and probably has that neanderthal mentality that you suck it up and come back early from injuries. And many will make the argument, and I can understand this argument, that it's part of the job as it relates to limb injuries. If you're playing in any sport, or are in a UFC or are a Pro Wrestler you know that there's a very real possibility that you're going to have some difficulties with your post-career life. I've met former NFL players and a lot of them can barely walk. But that can't be the policy as it relates to brain injuries and it seems like WWE's biggest problem is that they have difficulty with the spectrum of concussions. When Dolph has a major concussion and can barely remember his own name and is asking the same question 10 times in a minute, of course he has a concussion. But most aren't that and relatively minor concussions like the one Punk had after the Rumble, there techniques for examining those seem pretty rudimentary. The staph infection story was insane and completely ridiculous. And after hearing it I don't know how anyone could hold it against him for leaving. Had he continued he literally could have died due to there negligence/incompetence.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#293 » by Stanford » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:11 pm

Ryback on TiJ.

**** Punk. This guy is cool as ****.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#294 » by Dunthreevy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:34 pm

Stanford wrote:Ryback on TiJ.

**** Punk. This guy is cool as ****.

Is it possible that Punk was right about Ryback, AND that Ryback is cool as ****?

FWIW, Punk really never said anything bad about him on a personal level, just that he was very green and dangerous in the ring, which we can all pretty much agree that he was at that time (and is still a little "hurty" now).
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#295 » by Stanford » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:38 pm

Give me a break. His comments were meant to disparage The Ryback as a dude and a worker. I'm not buying his "Hey guys, I'm just telling my story!" bull.
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#296 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Yeah they were meant to disparage him, as a wrestler. They clearly weren't friends on a personal level but all of Punk's animosity towards him was because of his lack of wrestling ability.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#297 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Figure this thread is a good place for this little tidbit. It's about a month old but I'm just seeing it for the first time.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/11/ ... ho-ya-got/

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9tt2Y9cjEM[/youtube]
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#298 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:04 am

Dunthreevy wrote:Figure this thread is a good place for this little tidbit. It's about a month old but I'm just seeing it for the first time.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2014/11/ ... ho-ya-got/

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9tt2Y9cjEM[/youtube]

Even with the 7 inch and 100 + lb deficit, I'd hope Conor McGregor could whoop Sheamus in a fight. McGregor is an elite MMA fighter, Sheamus is a pro wrestler the elite MMA fighter should win that fight every time.
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#299 » by TheGameChanger » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:24 am

Hasn't Sheamus got his ass kicked by Yoshi Tatsu and Sin Cara?
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#300 » by WRau1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:24 pm

TheGameChanger wrote:Hasn't Sheamus got his ass kicked by Yoshi Tatsu and Sin Cara?

Yeah but there is no shame in getting beat up by those two. As far as pro wrestlers with legit fighting skills go, those two rank pretty highly.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Pro Wrestling