ROH (Ring of Honor) Thread

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Re: ROH (Ring of Honor) Thread 

Post#141 » by TheKingofSting » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:29 am

Alberto El Patron made his debut last night. I liked the shot at the WWE and how the crowd was chanting si. He faces Daniels in his first match next week.
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential
jeromyisceltics
Sophomore
And1: 27

Post#142 » by jeromyisceltics » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:04 pm

I had high hopes for Alberto/Daniels - it was good, but something about it didn't quite click. I'm really looking forward to the Roddy match.
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#143 » by TheKingofSting » Sat Feb 7, 2015 3:35 am

Adam Cole doesn't even have to say anything. He is just money.

skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#144 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:36 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJeCeuzoj8s[/youtube]
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 5,172

Post#145 » by Marcus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:01 pm

safi wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJeCeuzoj8s[/youtube]

curious to see how they use him.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#146 » by skbucks1985 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:23 pm

My guess is him and Styles will be tied at the hip for the foreseeable future. If there's a weakness in the Bullet Club its that they don't have that #2 or 1B guy. After Styles its tag teams and mid-card guys, granted in NJPW they do a much better job of making the mid-card matter but still. And Joe's the perfect option to fill that role as that guy you can put on big shows against Okada, Tanahashi and Nakamura (oh man, think about that match). And he'll do a lot of ROH as the stuff he does when he's in America.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#147 » by Marcus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:26 pm

safi wrote:My guess is him and Styles will be tied at the hip for the foreseeable future. If there's a weakness in the Bullet Club its that they don't have that #2 or 1B guy. After Styles its tag teams and mid-card guys, granted in NJPW they do a much better job of making the mid-card matter but still. And Joe's the perfect option to fill that role as that guy you can put on big shows against Okada, Tanahashi and Nakamura (oh man, think about that match). And he'll do a lot of ROH as the stuff he does when he's in America.

Joe as Styles' number 2? interesting.
Watch More Basketball

after what he did to Moses Moody's name, I got DJ K. Perk in a Verzuz battle against ANYBODY
TheKingofSting
RealGM

Post#148 » by TheKingofSting » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:17 am

Bullet Club please!

skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#149 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 4:25 pm

Good show, didn't love the overbooking of the main event. But other than that it was an overall very good PPV. The best matches were Matt Sydal-Cedric Alexander, AJ Styles-ACH, Jay Lethal-El Patron and ReDragon-Young Bucks. And Joe cut a fantastic promo right before the main event.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#150 » by Marcus » Mon Mar 2, 2015 5:38 pm

safi wrote:And Joe cut a fantastic promo right before the main event.

what he say?
Watch More Basketball

skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#151 » by skbucks1985 » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:32 pm

Content-wise, nothing too special. Talked about how it was good to be back home, put over ROH as a company and said he was coming after the ROH Title. But the passion and excitement of the crowd made it great.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#152 » by Marcus » Mon Mar 2, 2015 6:39 pm

safi wrote:Content-wise, nothing too special. Talked about how it was good to be back home, put over ROH as a company and said he was coming after the ROH Title. But the passion and excitement of the crowd made it great.

Briscoe v Joe revisited after all this time and with the growth of Jay as a wrestler and as the champ would be pretty good.
Watch More Basketball

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,056

Post#153 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Mar 4, 2015 9:59 pm

ROH started being put on TV in my area on late Saturday nights thus DVR'd it. I've kinda enjoyed it thus far. It has an organic feel, love that its only an hour, and some of the matches have been really good. There was a 6 man tag match a couple weeks ago with Bullet Club guys vs. Sydel/ACH/Ced Alexander I believe and it was good as hell.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,056

Post#154 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:05 pm

So have continued to watch ROH and enjoy it. I think I'm so wrapped up with WWE and behind the scenes stuff, that its nice to just watch wrestling and not be mad at a direction they're going b/c I'm kinda naive to it. Some of the matches are really good, its high impact/action alot of the times. I mean the production is a far grade down, but to be expected. I don't think I would ever order the PPVs but do enjoy the TV tapings.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#155 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:06 pm

I wish I got ROH on my cable package here in Indy.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#156 » by Dunthreevy » Wed May 4, 2016 3:23 pm

Holy ****, almost 14 months in between posts on this thread! I still don't get ROH on my tv and don't see it elsewhere either. I did become a huge fan of Dalton Castle this morning though. He was the guest on Sam Roberts' Wrestling Podcast and the dude was cracking me up throughout the interview. I had seen images of his character before but never heard him talk or seen him work. Now I want both. The whole bit is perfect for pro wrestling. He could very easily be this generation's Goldust, but better.

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant

Post#157 » by Dunthreevy » Mon May 9, 2016 9:57 pm

Interesting development. Cole is an absolute superstar. Pairing him with Bullet Club could be the thing that gets him on WWE's radar (although I'm sure he's already there).

skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#158 » by skbucks1985 » Mon May 9, 2016 10:41 pm

I was originally planning on going to last night's show but a bunch of stuff came up and I sold my tickets. If I'd gone I don't know how I would've felt about the main event. I was all-in on last night being Cabana's crowning moment and I think I would've ended up feeling a little deflated whereas had it been a Briscoe or Strong or pretty much anyone else I probably would've been much more into the angle.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#159 » by Spens1 » Thu May 12, 2016 8:18 am

what wwe level of bs was that main event

I mean i like Cole in the Bullet Club (though it just feels NWO circa 98 where there was way to many factions and it outlived its welcome) but they sacrificed the main event for it? very unlike ROH. Anyway Almost Mt Rushmore, almost (needs more Steen), if this leads to Cole in NJPW and him going after either the IWGP Jr Title (Kushida vs Cole, two guys who are night and day in terms of character) or better yet, the IWGP World Title (Cole vs Okada, books itself, the two best young wrestlers in the world), both would be quality to see

Also Page in the Bullet Club :lol: really, out of the whole roster you got Adam Page, he's basically the same level as a Cody Hall type (he will be very much a young lion), he adds nothing.

surprised Ishii passed out, i thought he would lose but i was thinking fluky win, not this, anyway i think its about time anyway, Fish is pretty good and deserves at least one run. In saying that, the man Dalton Castle needs to get that title soon, he's too damn good not to get a title.

Did like ACH coming out as Luffy, did mark out a bit for that :lol:
skbucks1985
RealGM

Post#160 » by skbucks1985 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Spens1 wrote:what wwe level of bs was that main event

I mean i like Cole in the Bullet Club (though it just feels NWO circa 98 where there was way to many factions and it outlived its welcome) but they sacrificed the main event for it? very unlike ROH. Anyway Almost Mt Rushmore, almost (needs more Steen), if this leads to Cole in NJPW and him going after either the IWGP Jr Title (Kushida vs Cole, two guys who are night and day in terms of character) or better yet, the IWGP World Title (Cole vs Okada, books itself, the two best young wrestlers in the world), both would be quality to see

Also Page in the Bullet Club :lol: really, out of the whole roster you got Adam Page, he's basically the same level as a Cody Hall type (he will be very much a young lion), he adds nothing.

surprised Ishii passed out, i thought he would lose but i was thinking fluky win, not this, anyway i think its about time anyway, Fish is pretty good and deserves at least one run. In saying that, the man Dalton Castle needs to get that title soon, he's too damn good not to get a title.

Did like ACH coming out as Luffy, did mark out a bit for that :lol:

I had the same reaction as you to the main event, but what I wonder about is how much of it was that this was completely the wrong city to do this? This crowd sucked. They were into Okada, Tanahashi and The Young Bucks but little else. But Colt Cabana was, by far, the most over person on that show. This was a crowd that was there to see Colt Cabana win the ROH Title and either you give that to them or don't but if they were doing this angle it should've been somewhere other than Chicago and/or someone other than Cabana in the main event.

But Adam Cole was the no-brainer choice for this angle and there's so much they can do with him in ROH and in NJPW. I don't like that this seemed to be Jay Lethal's babyface turn. I think the best route is having him stay heel and be the lesser of two evils babyface in a program with Cole and drop the title and then do a slow turn with him and eventually he becomes a full-fledged babyface and beats Cole for the title.

Return to Pro Wrestling