WWE TV Thread: NINE finishers later... Cena kicks out!

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

WWE TV Thread: NINE finishers later... Cena kicks out! 

Post#1 » by jr lucosa » Tue Jan 8, 2013 4:59 pm

"Of course I kicked out, I'm John **** Cena..... You thought I might lose?"

Carry on :D
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: WWE TV Thread: NINE finishers later... Cena kicks out! 

Post#2 » by jr lucosa » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:05 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCpOCuKUpFc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLraMLYw9bE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SrcDzrKCtc[/youtube]

Since we were just talking about it in the other thread, the 1995 Royal Rumble match!
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by jr lucosa » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:13 pm

Celtics_Champs wrote:11's my favorite cause I was there, but 1992 is the best imo. Ric Flair kills it.

Oh, this one?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64daBk-5R-o[/youtube]

I either haven't seen it in a long time or never seen it at all, watching it now.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#4 » by whysoserious » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:16 pm

Love the title for 9!!!!!!!!!!
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by jr lucosa » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:24 pm

whysoserious wrote:Love the title for 9!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man, it just came to me. I felt so clever :wink:

So, we didn't discuss it at all last night. What did everyone think of Kofi getting the KO punch not even 30 seconds into his match?
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#6 » by whysoserious » Tue Jan 8, 2013 5:37 pm

Kofi's in a tough spot. He's been doing great work over the past several months but I still can't see him ever being in the main event picture. He's just not that good, or I haven't seen it to build up a main event. Great worker. Maybe freshen him up and make him turn heel, he's been the same guy basically for a long time.

What do people think of Ryback as a worker? He seems a bit unsure of himself and way too aggressive with his offense at times (which I've mentioned before). I get the aggressiveness is part of his character but I feel like every move is close to hurting someone legit. I also saw a little but of lack of trust in the Shield from him yesterday when they picked him up for the powerbomb and he was looking around to find the table. It's very minor but if I was a worker, I don't know if I'd want to get in the ring with him.
Sebastian
Head Coach
And1: 853

Post#7 » by Sebastian » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:01 pm

92 is my favorite Rumble. Not only the best Rumble ever, but a top 5 all-time WWE title match.
Coach Smiley
Assistant Coach
And1: 980

Post#8 » by Coach Smiley » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:24 pm

hard to argue against the 92 rumble, my other favourites include 90 (first Hogan/Warrior confrontation), 94 (Diesel dominates, Luger/Bret), 97 (Austin screw job lol), 2004 (Benoit's performance)

95 was a great finish but waaaay too short
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,808

Post#9 » by Stanford » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:25 pm

92 is my favorite Rumble. Not only the best Rumble ever, but a top 5 all-time WWE title match.

And a top 5 Ric Flair match. Totally agree.

What do people think of Ryback as a worker?

Love him. He rarely looks out of place or unsure of his next move. If you're the kind of person who likes a lot of moves, you're probably not going to like him. Personally, I love his moveset; it's unique and devastating, and he's able to transition between them well. He's proven to me that he's capable of having big, main event matches - at least with solid workers like Punk. All the innuendo comparing him to guys like Mason Ryan and Zeke Jackson has all but died off, and I think that says a lot about how much he's proven his critics wrong.

It's very minor but if I was a worker, I don't know if I'd want to get in the ring with him.

I think that's complete nonsense. If he were unsafe, they wouldn't have put him in a TLC match with their champion, weeks after a knee surgery and weeks before a huge pay per view match with The Rock. I think more of Triple H than that, to be honest. It safety was a concern, and Vince really is senile, he would have put a stop to it, surely.
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#10 » by whysoserious » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:32 pm

Stanford wrote:Love him. He rarely looks out of place or unsure of his next move. If you're the kind of person who likes a lot of moves, you're probably not going to like him. Personally, I love his moveset; it's unique and devastating, and he's able to transition between them well. He's proven to me that he's capable of having big, main event matches - at least with solid workers like Punk. All the innuendo comparing him to guys like Mason Ryan and Zeke Jackson has all but died off, and I think that says a lot about how much he's proven his critics wrong.

I think that's complete nonsense. If he were unsafe, they wouldn't have put him in a TLC match with their champion, weeks after a knee surgery and weeks before a huge pay per view match with The Rock. I think more of Triple H than that, to be honest. It safety was a concern, and Vince really is senile, he would have put a stop to it, surely.

I think his moves look great and are devastating to watch as a main eventer. There's no doubt about that. I just feel like watching him, he's so jacked up doing some of the moves like throwing a guy in to the ring post or in the corner he's gonna end up doing it awkwardly and maybe causing his guy to go in at the wrong angle and getting hurt. Maybe he's just that good at making it look like that. I just feel like, watching him, someone is gonna get hurt while facing him.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#11 » by studcrackers » Tue Jan 8, 2013 6:53 pm

I'm just afraid they're gonna paint themselves in a corner with Ryback. How are they gonna keep the momentum goin?

The ziggler match was bullsh*t and really just buries ziggler for those trying to buy him as a legit main eventer. I doubt anyone here actually thought he'd win and of course it was once again cemented in my mind

Absolutely loved everything about the last segment, normally hate main event talking segments but that was f*cking dynamite. Can't wait to be annoyed when Brandon gives the rock nothing but worsts
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#12 » by Celtics_Champs » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:25 pm

Love the title here :lol:

Watching 95 now.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Stanford » Tue Jan 8, 2013 7:35 pm

studcrackers wrote:I'm just afraid they're gonna paint themselves in a corner with Ryback. How are they gonna keep the momentum goin?

I think it works as long as he gets a big win at Mania. If he ends up with a title shot against Big Show, he can deal with the Shield in a losing effort until then. I think.

The ziggler match was bullsh*t and really just buries ziggler for those trying to buy him as a legit main eventer. I doubt anyone here actually thought he'd win and of course it was once again cemented in my mind

Mm. Don't get why he couldn't have taken the pin after Big E hit his finisher. It pretty much eliminates any reason to care about a match between them in the future.

Can't wait to be annoyed when Brandon gives the rock nothing but worsts

You were a fan of cookiepuss, crackhead popeye, and the rest? I understand he's gotta start with that schtick, but can't he cut the dick jokes after a certain point? When they exchanged the "Boxing with God" and "The Great One" lines, why go back to them?

It looked to me as if Rock was doing his best to keep me uninterested in an angle I'm dying to be interested in.

I don't know. I thought it was a good segment, but it wasn't without its flaws.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by jr lucosa » Tue Jan 8, 2013 8:38 pm

That '92 Rumble match really was great, so many big names and Flair was amazing.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by jr lucosa » Tue Jan 8, 2013 9:14 pm

It feels like theres too big a gap between the true main eventers and the mid card/almost main event guys. They put so much effort into getting a couple of guys as over as possible and the guys who look to be on the verge of main eventing (Ziggler and Kofi currently) suffer because of it. It's going to make it more difficult for people to buy Ziggler as WHC when he does eventually cash in, and theres no purpose to have Big E hit the finisher for it not to beat Cena other than to make John Cena look even stronger.

I'm guessing Cena is about to go on a big roll so he seems as strong as ever heading into WM. If Ryback is getting moved to the WHC scene and it's Show/Back at Mania I wouldn't be surprised if they both kept demolishing people on the road to WM to try and make that match look as marquee as possible. That's cool and all, but its no good for the guys who are going to have to go up against these guys on a weekly basis until then.

At times I feel like with certain guys, how much more can you really push them? Can you really make Cena and Show look stronger than they do now? The guys they are beating are being made to look completely outclassed.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by Stanford » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:01 pm

whysoserious wrote:I just feel like, watching him, someone is gonna get hurt while facing him.

That's a great thing! I'm sticking with my original comments on this issue. I don't they'd throw him on there on free TV with the champ if he was an unsafe worker. I mean, compare his resume with say Owen Hart, who broke Steve Austins neck 5 years after Austin broke Chono's. RySkip Sheffback, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't injured anyone.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#17 » by Stanford » Tue Jan 8, 2013 10:07 pm

studcrackers wrote:Can't wait to be annoyed when Brandon gives the rock nothing but worsts

I think he nailed it.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#18 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:23 pm

Stanford wrote:
studcrackers wrote:I'm just afraid they're gonna paint themselves in a corner with Ryback. How are they gonna keep the momentum goin?

I think it works as long as he gets a big win at Mania. If he ends up with a title shot against Big Show, he can deal with the Shield in a losing effort until then. I think.

Mm. Don't get why he couldn't have taken the pin after Big E hit his finisher. It pretty much eliminates any reason to care about a match between them in the future.

Can't wait to be annoyed when Brandon gives the rock nothing but worsts

You were a fan of cookiepuss, crackhead popeye, and the rest? I understand he's gotta start with that schtick, but can't he cut the dick jokes after a certain point? When they exchanged the "Boxing with God" and "The Great One" lines, why go back to them?

It looked to me as if Rock was doing his best to keep me uninterested in an angle I'm dying to be interested in.

I don't know. I thought it was a good segment, but it wasn't without its flaws.

I'm with Stan The Man 100%. The way we complained about Cena ruining great Punk promos by being the super cheesy good guy, The Rock did the same crap last night and sounded almost worst. I'd rather hear Cena's shtick over Rock's at this point because I at least believe Cena (he really believes the crap he says). The Rock is just out there making dick and fart jokes and talking about pastries and cookies. How that crap is entertaining to a stadium full of people is beyond me. I could see if it was just the women and little kids cheering him on but you could see grown men in the crowd last night eating up every bit of cookiepuss The Rock fed them last night. If there has ever been a case of a guy living off his reputation, The Rock in his current state is it.

Punk was on fire last night and delivered one of the best heel promos I've ever heard. I mean he REALLY cut deep with some of that stuff, to the point where I was even like "damn man that kind of hurt. Why am I a fan of this a-hole?" and then I realized he was working the hell out of the crowd. Punk is THE best heel the business has seen in at least a decade, and potentially the best ever because he says so much real stuff. He basically stood in the ring last night and told us all why we're complete nerds for even watching his show but did it so well that we loved it and forgot he was insulting us.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#19 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:28 pm

Stanford wrote:
whysoserious wrote:I just feel like, watching him, someone is gonna get hurt while facing him.

That's a great thing! I'm sticking with my original comments on this issue. I don't they'd throw him on there on free TV with the champ if he was an unsafe worker. I mean, compare his resume with say Owen Hart, who broke Steve Austins neck 5 years after Austin broke Chono's. RySkip Sheffback, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't injured anyone.

I'm constantly defending Ryback on here but last night was the first time I've seen him do something that I thought was over the top unsafe and that was when he put Punk through the table. The way he did it, Punk landed in a very awkward way and COULD HAVE been very seriously injured. Maybe it just looked that way to me, but it looked pretty bad the way he dumped him over the top rope.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#20 » by studcrackers » Tue Jan 8, 2013 11:33 pm

Idk I was pretty drunk when I watched it last night living off the high of the Bama title. Perhaps if I watched it clear headed I'd have hated it.

Perhaps I just lumped both promos together
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes

Return to Pro Wrestling